Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Question
779 7 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c3673db
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

Are we updating the firmware in the Spark, the RC or both?  The notes in the DJI Support instructions mention having the App up, the RC on and Spark on.  So what has to be on for the Smartphone update and what has to be on for the DJI Assistant 2 update?  And what WiFi should the phone be on...the RC or Spark?
2017-7-26
Use props
drone-o-rama
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118 ft
United States

The Spark, the battery, and the RC are all being updated.  If you use DJI Assistant 2, you need only connect the Spark, and repeat the update process for each battery you have.  DJI Assistant can not update the RC -- for that, you need to use DJI Go 4, and have both the RC and the Spark powered-up when you do it.
2017-7-26
Use props
fans3c3673db
Captain
United States

No where in the battery manual does it talk about it needing updated...and once you update the Spark, are you saying you do additional updates for each battery?  So the Spark gets updated again for each battery you have?
2017-7-26
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-7-26 14:02
No where in the battery manual does it talk about it needing updated...and once you update the Spark, are you saying you do additional updates for each battery?  So the Spark gets updated again for each battery you have?

Yes, after you update the Spark, the first time you connect to it with a different battery than what was on it when you updated it, it will pop a slide switch asking you to confirm to update it. This will happen with all of your batteries.
Not all updates do this, just when DJI has updated the FW in the battery.
2017-7-26
Use props
nucmanchh
Second Officer
United States

fans3c3673db Posted at 2017-7-26 14:02

Used Asst2: After the Spark finished updating the Firmware I removed the battery I had on the Spark when I updated and replaced with the 2nd battery. Went back into Asst2 and update again. The second time is much shorter. I guess b/c it's the battery only being updated on this 2nd go-around
2017-7-26
Use props
fans3c3673db
Captain
United States

Does the RC need updated too?  And how...?
2017-7-26
Use props
nucmanchh
Second Officer
United States

I used the OTG (On The Go) cable and connected it to my iPhone6 and RC. I powered up the Spark. (Make sure ur home WiFi is on and connected...don't connect to the Spark just leave the WiFi where it is). After powering up the Spark wait about 5 sec and then turned on the RC. In just a few secs the lights on the RC will begin lighting in sequence. Just wait it out.
2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

These videos may be helpful for you.

2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules