Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PolarPro Gimbal Lock
2087 9 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KKIB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103022 ft
United States

Hi All,

Just wanted to inform and share my recent purchase of PolarPro's gimbal lock item. From the description, it'll locked down the gimbal more so than the OEM version, it also has a soft padding film when touching the camera lens and/or lens filter.  Purchased from local Best Buy for $14.

2017-7-26
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased one of these a month ago and it works very well.  The only thing I dont like about it is when adding a filter it has to be removed.  I like adding filters with the original gimbal lock because it stays secure while pressing on the filters.  It would be nice if the lens cover part could flip up on a hinge like a scope cover.  Other than that its great and it fits over the lens filters and prevents scratches.  
2017-7-26
Use props
Chole
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-7-26 17:32
I purchased one of these a month ago and it works very well.  The only thing I dont like about it is when adding a filter it has to be removed.  I like adding filters with the original gimbal lock because it stays secure while pressing on the filters.  It would be nice if the lens cover part could flip up on a hinge like a scope cover.  Other than that its great and it fits over the lens filters and prevents scratches.

I am using this one came in combo can fit with filter & more secure as its protection from all side

2017-7-27
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

the problem i have with these gimbal lock covers is that if you happend to knock or drop your mavic and the cover is connected to the gimbal lock then your going to have more chance of breaking the gimbal aswell so i personaly would never purchase one, its best to keep them both seperate.
2017-7-27
Use props
KKIB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103022 ft
United States

You took my sunshine away! I thought, I was among the first buyers of this item lol.

I also keep the OEM version in the bag for when changing filters.
2017-7-27
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

That's great feedback, thank you.  We always enjoy hearing what our customers would like to see in future iterations of our products.  Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-7-27
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I like the look of the one you mention but its a pain you have to remove your filters... Its a different type of product but I like the look of this skid plate and gimbal protector for when you land http://amzn.to/2vcis0v
2017-7-27
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

bomberuk Posted at 2017-7-27 03:12
the problem i have with these gimbal lock covers is that if you happend to knock or drop your mavic and the cover is connected to the gimbal lock then your going to have more chance of breaking the gimbal aswell so i personaly would never purchase one, its best to keep them both seperate.

As the cover is usually clipped in, it doesn't come off that easily. Anything heavy enough to knock it off would probably be major damage to the nose of the Mavic.
2017-7-27
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarProSupport Posted at 2017-7-27 13:31
That's great feedback, thank you.  We always enjoy hearing what our customers would like to see in future iterations of our products.  Thanks for supporting our brand!

- Oliver from PolarPro

wow, thats cool that you guys read the comments.  Thank you.  You guys have a great company and products and phenomenal customer service.  
2017-7-27
Use props
PolarProSupport
lvl.2

United States

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-7-27 16:34
wow, thats cool that you guys read the comments.  Thank you.  You guys have a great company and products and phenomenal customer service.

Thank you for the kind words!  It definitely helps that we have such an engaged community of users, and we try to be as involved as possible.  The more feedback we get the more we are able to improve our products in the future.

- Oliver from PolarPro
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules