video on app choppy
1102 10 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thep4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374429 ft
United States

This happen just a few days ago. I have the new fireware and updated app. Why does this happened? Will it go away
2017-7-26
Use props
Flightstream
New
Australia

I took my first flight around a small football field and was getting occasionally choppy video (not unflyable) on my freshly updated P4P is this normal? I tried both 2.4 and 5.8ghz
Surely the feed should be more solid than that at such close range
2017-7-26
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
United States

Flightstream Posted at 2017-7-26 16:37
I took my first flight around a small football field and was getting occasionally choppy video (not unflyable) on my freshly updated P4P is this normal? I tried both 2.4 and 5.8ghz

it should be getting good video
I haven't tried Switching from 2.4 to 5.8ghz
2017-7-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

thep4p Posted at 2017-7-26 18:46
it should be getting good video
I haven't tried Switching from 2.4 to 5.8ghz

Aloha p4p,

What you are seeing is radio interference.  Go to the HD icon (upper right in Camera View) and change the settings to "Custom".  Then look for the band with the longest and most stable green graph line and choose it.  The look at the bitrate scale and choose the lowest or second from lowest setting.  This should improve your Live View experience.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Flightstream,

What you are seeing is radio interference.  Go to the HD icon (upper right in Camera View) and change the settings to "Custom".  Then look for the band with the longest and most stable green graph line and choose it.  The look at the bitrate scale and choose the lowest or second from lowest setting.  This should improve your Live View experience.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-26
Use props
thep4p
lvl.2
United States

I try that my next flight. Thanks cetacean
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Try to do what Cetacean said, should be helpful.
2017-7-28
Use props
Flightstream
New
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-26 22:57
Aloha p4p,

Greetings From Australia

Thank you cetacean will try this on my next flight. Granted I was in a very built up area. Took the P4P out to the beech near a long jetty and was very impressed with its performance.
2017-7-28
Use props
Flightstream
New
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-28 02:02
Try to do what Cetacean said, should be helpful.

Greetings Dji Diana,

Thank you, will give that a try. Happy flying
2017-7-28
Use props
Flightstream
New
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-26 22:58
Aloha Flightstream,

Greetings I have tested this now and I was getting excellent video feed from out to sea 700meters. I also oriented the Tx antennas bother vertically rather than expanded out at an angle to keep them aligned with the vertical ants on the copter. So far o good. Thanks again
2017-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Flightstream Posted at 2017-8-1 20:56
Greetings I have tested this now and I was getting excellent video feed from out to sea 700meters. I also oriented the Tx antennas bother vertically rather than expanded out at an angle to keep them aligned with the vertical ants on the copter. So far o good. Thanks again

Vertical is the correct position, at an angle is definitely not.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules