Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RESTRICTED ZONE UNLOCK UNAVAILABLE?
12Next >
8877 48 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our AMA model club is asked annually by the New Hampshire DOT Avionics Division to preform flight demos inside the Concord airport at the aviation day. There is a break of activities for us to fly not just fixed wing, but Multirotors. They asked me to demo some of my cool DJI platforms again this year. I looked up the airport with the NFZ tonight and see this below. Who at DJI can help me get my birds all unlocked for this day? Your app shouldn’t stop us doing legal flight without a simple way to unlock it !!!!

Event...   http://www.gsama.org/5k---aviation-day.html

Screenshot_20170726-233558.png

2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Johnnie, please apply unlocking in our website below: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock
My colleague will assist.
2017-7-27
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy,  Can you check this location at Concord MUNI Airport class D at N43.202722,W71.502278 . I don't see why it should even more restricted then MHT, Manchester NH's much bigger class C airport. I can understand NFZ's at the prisons, but the little airport looks out of place. I dont want to do this all for nothing getting letters, NOTAM from the DOT just for a code on multiple units.
2017-7-27
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NH DOT assked for my address becase the have letter coming from them or the airport and I will be submitting to the link you provided. I will post back for others to see how it was done. Thank you.
2017-8-21
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I received the letter today from DOT that they forwarded to me from the airport.  I filled out the form 3 times because you can only do one controller serial number at a time. I dont see why I even need all of that if they are all registered to me though my required log in. I let you all know how long this takes.
2017-8-23
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-8-23 07:45
I received the letter today from DOT that they forwarded to me from the airport.  I filled out the form 3 times because you can only do one controller serial number at a time. I dont see why I even need all of that if they are all registered to me though my required log in. I let you all know how long this takes.

It is not based on your login info only... From what I understand, each radio has a unique identifier that DJI unlocks. So each remote would need permission to operate in the NFZ.

Rich
2017-8-23
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Two weeks today, nothing from DJI , not even a email.
2017-9-5
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-23 11:48
It is not based on your login info only... From what I understand, each radio has a unique identifier that DJI unlocks. So each remote would need permission to operate in the NFZ.

Rich

Ritch we know that, DJI knows mine as they are all registered to me on the DJI go 4 app. In any case, no need for 3 forms, even a spot for multiple serial numbers would be better then doing a complete form 3 times.
2017-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-5 20:54
Ritch we know that, DJI knows mine as they are all registered to me on the DJI go 4 app. In any case, no need for 3 forms, even a spot for multiple serial numbers would be better then doing a complete form 3 times.

I understand and all my drones are registered on the same account too. Not sure why they are doing it this way.

Sorry you are having trouble and I hope that I do not run into this same thing someday
Rich
2017-9-5
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Strange. Last time i needed an airport unlock, it was for my I2 and P4P. Got both unlocks pushed to my GO4 app, connected corresponding aircraft, send unlock to aircraft and all was well.
2017-9-5
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyclip Posted at 2017-9-5 23:24
Strange. Last time i needed an airport unlock, it was for my I2 and P4P. Got both unlocks pushed to my GO4 app, connected corresponding aircraft, send unlock to aircraft and all was well.

For some reason this airport is not unlockable via the app. see first picture.
2017-9-6
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-27 00:10
Johnnie, please apply unlocking in our website below: http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock
My colleague will assist.

Any idea what's the hold up for a reply from DJI? I sent all required info via the link you provided.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-6 10:44
Any idea what's the hold up for a reply from DJI? I sent all required info via the link you provided.

What is your email address that is used to apply unlocking NFZ? Please PM me. I will help to contact designated department to look into the process, thanks.
2017-9-7
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-7 00:17
What is your email address that is used to apply unlocking NFZ? Please PM me. I will help to contact designated department to look into the process, thanks.

Sent, and thanks for checking.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-7 19:04
Sent, and thanks for checking.

Sorry to have kept you waiting, I have confirmed with Flysafe team, all your requests have been approved, may I know if there is anything further we can help you? If so, please send email to flysafe@dji.com with more details.
2017-9-11
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 00:49
Sorry to have kept you waiting, I have confirmed with Flysafe team, all your requests have been approved, may I know if there is anything further we can help you? If so, please send email to  with more details.

OMG the flysafe team has unlocked my Inspire 2 and the Mavic for what appears to be the wrong area (Tilton-Northfield) that is and the spark isn't done at all. I requested all three and listed the airport and the letter was from the airport not the wrong one.  Tilton-Northfield is a good 25km away. I'm emailing flysafe now. What a lenghthly and painful process this has become!

*First pic is Inspire 2 screen, second is Spark and last is the Mavic

IMG_0283.png
Screenshot_20170911-214131.png
Screenshot_20170911-213344.png
2017-9-11
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

24 hours and no reply from Flysafe yet!
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-12 20:43
24 hours and no reply from Flysafe yet!

Sorry for the delay in reply because of jet lag, email has been replied, please check.
2017-9-13
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy,
Below is my email and the response from Becky, She obviously has not read or understands my email or photos I attached stating that the spark unlock doesn't show up on my app and the area isn't correct. Maybe you could explain this to her.

I REQUESTED HERE  N43.202722,W71.502278
I RECEIVED HERE      N43.438617,W71.589317

Hello Flysafe team,

Please help me resolve this ASAP,

I filled out the airspace unlock application almost 3 weeks ago with permission from the NH department of transportation Aviation Division and the Concord airport. Today I see only 2 out of 3 drones I will be demoing with have any type of unlock listed, but I am concerned they appear to be unlocked for the incorrect airspace that is over 20km North of Concord airport. Please see my post on the DJI offical forum with the DJI representative Mindy who has been helping me with this process.

See photos here and original request..

Becky (Support)
9月13日 15:54 CST

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting DJI.
Below are the unlocking request you submit on our website, they all have passed. But it unlock time is start from October 21th.
So you can't unlock it successfully now.

If you want to unlock it recently, please submit a new unlocking request through the link as below.
http://www.dji.com/cn/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock

Thank you.

Best regards,
Flysafe Team丨安全飞行团队
Enjoy Flying, Safely
More safe flying tips at http://flysafe.dji.com/

2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-13 17:13
DJI Mindy,
Below is my email and the response from Becky, She obviously has not read or understands my email or photos I attached stating that the spark unlock doesn't show up on my app and the area isn't correct. Maybe you could explain this to her.

Sorry for the vague reply, I have transferred your request and problem to Becky, she will reply you shortly.
2017-9-14
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 03:06
Sorry for the vague reply, I have transferred your request and problem to Becky, she will reply you shortly.

Almost there!

The reply was much better, they just had the name of the airport wrong since the Lat and Lon look correct. I notice Becky has a 2 vs Z as the last digit on my controller serial number on their spreadsheet. I sent them a email with this discovery today to see if they can fix that, so the very last one gets unlocked.  

2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-24 19:30
Almost there!

The reply was much better, they just had the name of the airport wrong since the Lat and Lon look correct. I notice Becky has a 2 vs Z as the last digit on my controller serial number on their spreadsheet. I sent them a email with this discovery today to see if they can fix that, so the very last one gets unlocked.

John, glad to hear that the problem was located, hope it will get sorted out soon, please keep me updated if you need any assistance.
2017-9-25
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just checked, last drone is done.  Although the name is wrong for the airport the Lat and Lon numbers are what i requested and looks right, Wish me me luck!  Thank you Mindy for your help. I wish it was an easier process, I started on 8/23 but i think I can get it done in 5 days next time! is there a hotline especially for a search and rescue situation?.. Can you PM me Beckys cell number? lol j/k
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-26 20:06
I just checked, last drone is done.  Although the name is wrong for the airport the Lat and Lon numbers are what i requested and looks right, Wish me me luck!  Thank you Mindy for your help. I wish it was an easier process, I started on 8/23 but i think I can get it done in 5 days next time! is there a hotline especially for a search and rescue situation?.. Can you PM me Beckys cell number? lol j/k

Sorry that there is no contact number for Fly Safe Team, if there is any problem, please send email to Fly Safe and keep me updated if your need prompt reply.
Good luck, John.
2017-9-28
Use props
atomicfuze
New
United States

Johnnie, can you help me understand how to request unlocking a restricted red zone?
cheers,
Brian
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please contact fly safe team: flysafe@dji.com. You should provide the required information and get the permission of the local authority. Then our team will tell you the way unlock the zone.
2017-10-24
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is really out of control. We, meaning FAA Remote Pilot Certificate holders should have our gear unlocked. We are the responsible parties. We passed the test and understand the rules and airspace and are responsible for our actions. I have my Part 107 certificate and my P4P and Inspire are commercially registered with tail numbers posted on both sides of each respectively. I understand that the reckless parties have created this situation. I am not reckless, in fact, more cautious and aware now that I have my certificate than  before because I now know the rules and airspace. I don't want to be in any unfortunate circumstances including losing my investment. We should be able to submit a copy of our registration and certificate to DJI and have our quads unlocked. I will sign any release that you want and more than happy to submit copies of the FAA documents. My vehicles are registered and I have a drivers license. Is my vehicle capable of breaking the rules? Most certainly! Do I, No!

As a note, I went to do a job the other day and the GO App stated that I was in Class C Airspace. I was a good 1/2 mile outside of Class C and no where near an V Airways. I checked my location on the Sectional and B4youfly.
2017-10-24
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-9-6 10:42
For some reason this airport is not unlockable via the app. see first picture.

Is it Military? Most Military Airstrips are Class D and a while back a lot of bases were issued NFZ's for National security.
2017-10-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-10-24 06:10
Is it Military? Most Military Airstrips are Class D and a while back a lot of bases were issued NFZ's for National security.

Yup, we were asked to stay clear of their hangars.  You can see them in my long 10 min video. The fixed wing and the turbine guys wanted as much in here as possible, I'll cut it down to a minute and edit out the props etc. lol

Start at 5:30 in to see an incredible Turbine RC Jet

2017-10-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

atomicfuze Posted at 2017-10-23 09:15
Johnnie, can you help me understand how to request unlocking a restricted red zone?
cheers,
Brian

Yes just go here... http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/individual-unlock

Enter your info, GPS location, serial number and a letter of approval or airspace authorization.
2017-10-24
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks Mindy for your help, everything worked as planned and we demoed another owners Mavic that couldn't fly, obviously that a good thing!

2017-10-24
Use props
Des_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Nice Video!
2017-10-24
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-24 07:01
Yup, we were asked to stay clear of their hangars.  You can see them in my long 10 min video. The fixed wing and the turbine guys wanted as much in here as possible, I'll cut it down to a minute and edit out the props etc. lol

Start at 5:30 in to see an incredible Turbine RC Jet

Here in lies the problem. If you are in a NFZ (No Fly Zone) I doubt that you can get clearance. An NFZ or TFR are just that. No flight by any Aircraft. I think that is the stone wall.
2017-10-24
Use props
BASE509
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2503 ft
United States

Well said Rodger8
2017-10-25
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2017-10-24 16:18
Here in lies the problem. If you are in a NFZ (No Fly Zone) I doubt that you can get clearance. An NFZ or TFR are just that. No flight by any Aircraft. I think that is the stone wall.

I assure you, Flysafe granted the unlock code and I just wasn't flying over there. We are responsible and respectful RC pilots,. If the NH NG granted access to fly over on that side It could have flown there being unlocked for the day.
2017-10-25
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-25 19:15
I assure you, Flysafe granted the unlock code and I just wasn't flying over there. We are responsible and respectful RC pilots,. If the NH NG granted access to fly over on that side It could have flown there being unlocked for the day.

I believe you, I am sure you are responsible. I think that the delay was due to the fact that it is a Military Base and possibly on the NFZ list there was extra concern generated.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-10-24 07:16
Thanks Mindy for your help, everything worked as planned and we demoed another owners Mavic that couldn't fly, obviously that a good thing!

John, glad to hear everything turns out to be great and you are welcome.
Nice video and well done.
2017-10-27
Use props
GeoPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1378635 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 00:49
Sorry to have kept you waiting, I have confirmed with Flysafe team, all your requests have been approved, may I know if there is anything further we can help you? If so, please send email to  with more details.

I am a commercial operator and have run in to an unlockable Red Zone. I unlocked the site previously per flysafe but at site it was still "no fly". I have sent 5 email to flysafe@dji.com and completed the custom unlock form complete with my NOTAM and SFOC. Not a single response. I am embarrassed and my client is only going to be patient for a day or two then I loose the job.

Can you help?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GeoPhoto Posted at 2017-10-27 03:52
I am a commercial operator and have run in to an unlockable Red Zone. I unlocked the site previously per flysafe but at site it was still "no fly". I have sent 5 email to  and completed the custom unlock form complete with my NOTAM and SFOC. Not a single response. I am embarrassed and my client is only going to be patient for a day or two then I loose the job.

Can you help?

Could you please PM me your email account which you used to contact Fly Safe Team? I will help to contact them to reply as soon as possible, thanks.
2017-10-27
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I  cut the video down to a much shorter version so it bearable to people a bit less interested. Two min attention span is about all most can handle and is common rule of editing. This was done with My Inspire 2 with X4S Camera becase My brand new X5S dosn't focus and is traveling back to DJI for replacement

2017-11-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules