DJI please fix Mavic Pro manual focus issus.
1278 6 2017-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YiuCheung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912930 ft
Hong Kong

Please fix infinity focus not really accurate focus to infinity. When shooting at night, it is really useful.

2017-7-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please provide us with more details about this for a better confirmation.
Besides, please check the firmware of the drone and upgrade it if it is necessary.
2017-7-27
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

From the Mavic FAQ:

2. When shooting in manual focus mode, my shots are blurred even when moving the slider all the way to infinite focus. Why?
The focus range of the Mavic is 0.5m to infinite. Slide along the bar until you reach a focus point. Sliding straight to infinite focus does not guarantee sharp focus.

It helps to turn on Focus Peaking, which you can use as a reality check to see what the Mavic is focused upon.

2017-7-28
Use props
YiuCheung
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-7-28 08:26
From the Mavic FAQ:

2. When shooting in manual focus mode, my shots are blurred even when moving the slider all the way to infinite focus. Why?

Peak Focus not accurate at night, I try so many times.
2017-8-6
Use props
YiuCheung
lvl.2
Hong Kong

https://www.google.com.hk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/5ddcry/mavic_pro_not_focusing_at_night_with_manual_focus/#ampshare=https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/5ddcry/mavic_pro_not_focusing_at_night_with_manual_focus/

above link said what actually happen
2017-8-7
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

The problem I find with manual focus are:
1) the icon(flower and infinity symbols) are confusing which I do not know if I should dial up or down towards to get the setting I want (although it can be figured out by playing around with it)
2) Once the above is figure out, dial all the way to infinity does not focus infinity
3) peak focus need to combined with 1:1 zoom for ti to be accurate, however there is no 1:1 zoom available (as far as I know)
4) zoom to "200%" need to go through a slow and tedious stepwise increment, and once focus is done, the whole process need to be reversed. Good to be able to custom a button to do zoom in and out from 1:1 zoom in a single click.
5) automatic focus is mobile device dependent (as far as I know), if you have a slow device, you may not be able to engage in focus.

May be I have been using the mavic wrong, if not, I would really like to see some improvement on the focus system, as it is currently painful to use.

Cheers,
2017-8-7
Use props
YiuCheung
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DronePix Posted at 2017-8-7 04:07
The problem I find with manual focus are:
1) the icon(flower and infinity symbols) are confusing which I do not know if I should dial up or down towards to get the setting I want (although it can be figured out by playing around with it)
2) Once the above is figure out, dial all the way to infinity does not focus infinity

Exactly,
please add numbers to the manual focus bar as below image, it is very helpful.

edit

edit

2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules