Assistant and rc assistant
1457 4 2015-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aircraftmechani
New

United States

Hello all,

Mr Newbie checking in. Every since I received my Phantom vision plus I have been trying to read and watch everything I can find. Read so much people crashing there phantoms for this problem or that and I just don't want to be one of them. I believe I got most of it ready so I wanted to do the calibrations thou the pc. I have down loaded the Phantom vision plus assistant software v 3.8 and phantom RC assistant softwarev1.2 and install them on my pc laptop. I tried to hook up both the remote and the phantom to the pc and it seems like it don't recognize it. For example I start the rc assistant power on the controller and plug the remote to the pc using the usb cord and it don't do anything. I am oveyous over looking something? starting to get over loaded lol  any help I would really appreciate it.
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

You are missing the DJI Win Driver,
The other two will not work without it, download it, install it then try again...http://www.dji.com/support

Welcome and happy flying...P.S. the only crashing I am worried about is the one whose flying in front of me or in my blind spots!
2015-3-23
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

First you should not need to use the RC Assistant on your new copter.
Start with the Phantom Vision Assistant.
If you have already installed the program good.
But you also need to go to the DJI web site and download the drivers and install these.
Once these are installed start the program.
hook up USB cable to the Copter.  Plug the cable into your computer.
Yous should here for a PC the normal noise it make when a USB device is installed.  First time you may have to wait a bit.
Then you should see the Phantom Vision Assistant recognize communication by blinking lights in the lower left hand corner.
You should be good to go from there.
2015-3-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Air,
I cannot speak for the other folks but he is a procedure I have followed since new and done a couple of major upgrades with, you can assume what you wish thinking it is only worth upfpdating the Phantom though with out insuring your RC is up to date and calibrated you may as well just frisbee your Phantom...and please take PICTS!

There has to be some subtle difference as to how some did their upgrades vs. how others did it..I am pretty picky when it comes to deleting and reinstalling software but it seems to work for me.
Procedure for me was:
Turn on computer I use for my updates (a 7 year old laptop/PC that just barely runs Windows 7 and does nothing but iTunes and the Phantom Softwares and not a single other program or app or anti virus software is on it).
(If you are a new Phantom owner and have no software loaded, skip this step!) Completely Uninstall old 3.6 Phantom Vision Assistant and RC Assistant software from the computer using the windows uninstaller and delete shortcuts from the desktop.
Restart computer/Flush the Toilet (basically make sure everything I had deleted went where it was supposed to go and no left over cache or crap info was floating around and to make sure no system files were accidentally deleted and no errors on the restart).
Download new software .exe files for Phantom Vision Assistant, RC Assistant and for new users you will also need the DJI Win Driver Installer.

Install new softwares

Restart computer/Flush the Toilet (basically make sure everything I installed went where it was supposed to go and no left over cache or crap info info was floating around and that I had no errors on the restart).
Plug Phantom into computer
Turn on RC and TX
Take Props off of Phantom! and Turn on Phantom and let it warm up (no motors running!, just turn on the battery)..
NOTE: I always turn on the RC then TX and then the Phantom in the same order after I plug into the computer as if I were going to fly it.
Launch 3.8 Phantom Vision Assistant software
Update Software and verify updates were installed.
Check all settings on Phantom (IMU etc. and made sure none of my NAZA-M or anything defaulted back to Phantom, IOC was still on and so on),
Check RC Calibration
Close the program
Turn off Phantom then Tx Then RC
unplug Phantom from computer
Plug in RC, then turn on RC then TX then Phantom
Launch RC Vision Assistant
Check for updates, apply updates if any updates present,
Recheck RC calibration and settings
Close RC Assistant
Turn off Phantom then TX then RC
Unplug RC from computer
Turn off computer.Install Props
Go outside
Go through Preflight
Turn on RC then TX then Phantom and do the compass dance once SATS acquired.
fly the Phantom with a few basic maneuvers then fly it like You stole it...
Fortunately for me the update has been flawless.

2015-3-23
Use props
aircraftmechani
New

United States

Just gave it a try and it works! thank you both for the information.
2015-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules