Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC firmware update failed and now RC wont connect!
4195 24 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaredD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

So I just tried to perform the firmware update on my RC with the new update, it said to confirm that the RC battery was above 30%, i had 2 solid lights plus 3rd blinking, so i thought i was ok. started the update, it got to around 98-99% complete, but then told me the update failed, I tried to start it again, but it said the battery was now below 30%.  I charged it up to about 75% and tried to connect, but now the RC is not showing its Wifi and is not recognised with OTG cable.

In the DJI GO 4 app when the update failed I got error code 0x02

I tried connecting the Controller to DJI Assistent 2 but it was not recognised.
I have also tried reseting the RC by powering it on and then holding down the power button until the 'D' noise, but there was no change.

I am currently charging to 100% before trying again.

has anyone else had issue upgrading the RC, or is aware of what the issue might be?

Cheers
Jared
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Ok Update, fully charged the RC and tried connecting again, but still no success.

Tried resetting the wifi again on the RC but still not showing up when trying to connect.

updating the spark and the batteries right now instead and will then try the RC again
2017-7-27
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Try with both wifi on rc and otg. Clear out dji go in memory also
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Ok so further update, RC wifi is still not showing on my device.

I have successfully updated the spark and my 2 batteries through the app, but still cannot connect to the rc.
I have also tried the OTG cable, but the rc is not recognised.

the rc remote does turn on and off as normal.  when it is on, the RC blinks the red led twice over and over again

speaking with DJI chat support now as well, we have tried removing and reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app as well
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

ok have also tried pairing the RC with the Spark without mobile, this does not work, holding down the fn, pause and c1 buttons for approx 9 seconds results in 1 beep, but nothing else happens.
2017-7-27
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Did u hold power button on the spark before you try the button combinations on the remote you have to hold the power button on the spark for 3 seconds wait for one beat and then try those combinations on the remote. If that doesn't work try linking it through the app there's a way to link the remote through the app then if that doesn't work I seen on the internet somewhere there is a way to reset the RC
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-27 05:38
Did u hold power button on the spark before you try the button combinations on the remote you have to hold the power button on the spark for 3 seconds wait for one beat and then try those combinations on the remote. If that doesn't work try linking it through the app there's a way to link the remote through the app then if that doesn't work I seen on the internet somewhere there is a way to reset the RC

Yes I tried the linking proccess as described in the DJI tutorial video.
I cannot link through the app because the RC is not broadcasting a wifi network.

DJI support have asked me to contact support for repair.
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Gave it a quick try again this morning, but still the same issue, RC turns on, but no Wifi.

waiting on support now to find out what options are now to get this fixed.
A little disappointing that this has happened, but it is the nature of software sometimes.
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Update - Support have now contacted me and asked for some information, I have sent that in and am now waiting on a response.

Has anyone else had to send anything to DJI in Australia yet? do you know what the expected turn around time is?

2017-7-27
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

U dont need a wifi link to link in the app!!! Just go to drone hold power button for 3 sec till u hear one beep then link thru app where the remote icon is. Also i would use an otg cable  this is why u cant do it wirhout wifi ....trust me get a cable and do it!
2017-7-27
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

Also i noticed those 3 buttons on rc have to be pressed in sync perfectly or u will get nothing keep trying bro
2017-7-27
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
United States

In my adam sandler voice you cann do itt ;)
2017-7-27
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-27 19:40
U dont need a wifi link to link in the app!!! Just go to drone hold power button for 3 sec till u hear one beep then link thru app where the remote icon is. Also i would use an otg cable  this is why u cant do it wirhout wifi ....trust me get a cable and do it!

Thanks gambino, but its definitely something wrong with the RC, I followed the directions to do the pairing without the app, but the RC does not go into pairing mode.

I have also tried the OtG Cable, before attempting the firmware update, this worked flawlessly, after the firmware update failed the app stopped recognising the RC via the OTG cable
2017-7-28
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Update from DJI support, they advised this is covered under warranty and have arranged for me to send the RC to them for repair/replacement.
will update again once the RC is on its way
2017-7-28
Use props
Loobola
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Exactly the same issue. Not contacted dji yet but will do. Annoying.
2017-7-29
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Loobola Posted at 2017-7-29 10:50
Exactly the same issue. Not contacted dji yet but will do. Annoying.

Yeah, that is going to be the best thing to do
2017-7-30
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

So I did not receive a Consignment label from DJI (even though they said I would in an email) and so I had to contact support today to request one be sent again.
they have advised me that it has been requested and that I should receive it in 24 hours (why i cannot receive it immediately I don't know).

Hoping to get that away today, so i am going to also call australia post to see if they can send me the consignment label.
2017-7-30
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Update - So I am still working with DJI to get this shipping label so that I can send the RC away, I will admit that I am starting to get a little frustrated that I can receive all other emails from DJI, just not the crucial one with the shipping label.

This will be the 3rd day, and third time trying calling support.
2017-8-1
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Ok I finally got a shipping label after the 3rd call to DJI, now to send it off and see how long it takes to come back.
2017-8-2
Use props
Loobola 0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FYI DJI received my RC and sent me a message saying it will be repaired for free and shipped back in 2-3 days. In reality that probably means they will software reset the device and re-install the latest SW on there that in essence failed during the update.
2017-8-9
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Loobola 0 Posted at 2017-8-9 02:23
FYI DJI received my RC and sent me a message saying it will be repaired for free and shipped back in 2-3 days. In reality that probably means they will software reset the device and re-install the latest SW on there that in essence failed during the update.

Yea I got an update on mine last night.

The service details say that the RC main board was faulty.
They have also advised me that they are repairing it for free and sending it back (as i would expect) no eta on delievery back to me yet though.
2017-8-9
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Update!
I have received confirmation that the issue has been repaired and the RC is on its way back to me now.
2017-8-10
Use props
JaredD
lvl.1
Australia

Update.

My RC arrived this morning, I will be confirming that everything works appropriately this afternoon.
I noticed the RC i got back has the protective film on it, which means its not the same one i started with.
I will update on status of RC tonight.
2017-8-15
Use props
RjG
New
Trinidad and Tobago

I have the same issue. So frustrated. Firmware update Stuck at 99% so I had to disconnect. Now the RC WiFi does not show up and it won't connect to the Spark. Soo disappointed. Going to try to get on to support tmro. But it seems I may have to do the e same as you. Thank you for posting the problem and updates
2017-8-15
Use props
Cragcloud
Captain
Flight distance : 175604 ft
Denmark

Did anyone find a solution to this (without sending it back to DJI)?
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules