Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This is the bag I bought for my needs
2904 25 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm wondering if you guys know of any other bags/cases that would be better.  I found some that were more expensive but would only house 2 batteries plus the one in the Spark.  I'd like everyone's thoughts.

I have the DJI Spark, Controller, 4 batters, 3 battery charger hug and I think 6 or 8 sets of propeller's.  

4 sets of my propellers fit in this box.  I'm hoping it fits in my case with everything else. I love how it keeps the prop's organized.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
prop 2.jpg prop.jpg

Here is my case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1  

case.jpg
2017-7-27
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Almost the same case I got for my mavic and ordered the same for the spark.  There are more out there it just depends how much you want to spend.  Search on amazon.
2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145846 ft
United States

I have that exact case. You should be able to fit everything if you put your 4th battery on the Spark. The zippered area should have more than enough room for all your spare props (outside of that box). I put my prop guard, cables, and spare props in there and the case still closes easily.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i would like to buy a case that is submersible, but yet affordable($50), so i don't have to worry when i have it in a kayak/canoe.....doubt i will ever find this deal   
2017-7-27
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 04:49
i would like to buy a case that is submersible, but yet affordable($50), so i don't have to worry when i have it in a kayak/canoe.....doubt i will ever find this deal

You might. Maybe one like this;

http://www.pelicancases.com/iM2050-Storm-Case-P378.aspx
2017-7-27
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MAN!  how great would that be!?!?
2017-7-27
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flying Wolf_NOL Posted at 2017-7-27 05:16
You might. Maybe one like this;

http://www.pelicancases.com/iM2050-Storm-Case-P378.aspx

so on a case like this, you cut out the storage areas yourself, right?
2017-7-27
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2017-7-27 05:24
so on a case like this, you cut out the storage areas yourself, right?

yes, from what I understand. It would be customized by you for what you wanted to put in it.  Again, that's my understanding.
2017-7-27
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I just got that exact Hermitshell case, I have 4 batteries and same accessories as you.  I love the case, it is perfect, just the right size for everything.

I additionally got this case pack as an alternate, for when I decide the Hermitshell is too big for the trip or I just don't need to take everything with:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073GJFPL2/

The nice thing is that the smaller cases allow you to pack things in different areas of a backpack, or its much easier to stuff it in my kayak deck bag, or I can just throw the small case under the seat in my Jeep, or in the center console..  I can choose to bring the RC or not.  But then if I want to bring everything, I bring the Hermitshell.

Its nice to have options and these cases are very cheap on Amazon.  But I really like the Hermitshell one.
2017-7-27
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rick bernotas Posted at 2017-7-27 06:32
I just got that exact Hermitshell case, I have 4 batteries and same accessories as you.  I love the case, it is perfect, just the right size for everything.

I additionally got this case pack as an alternate, for when I decide the Hermitshell is too big for the trip or I just don't need to take everything with:

I'm glad someone else has the same case and can give me their opinion.  I like your alternative option as well!
2017-7-27
Use props
Alitaptap
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool! thank you for sharing!
2017-7-27
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.4
United States

I was also waiting for a hard, waterproof, floating case (it was the Go Professional one), but I got tired of waiting for it and decided it was too expensive for what was anyways, and way too bulky.

I ended up with the hermitshell case listed here as well as a couple smaller EVA cases.  And what I do now is just put them in my Seal Line dry deck back which lashes to my kayak deck and also my canoe.  Seal Line (and other makes) have a bunch of dry bag / deck bag options:  https://www.seallinegear.com/

I think it's better as you don't have a big bulky case on the boat (especialy the kayak).  You can go with a smaller case and just pack them in your dry bags.  It's pretty easy to get in and out of my kayak deck bag and it's waterproof.

The one thing that the hard shell waterproof cases do often give you though is the ability to put TSA locks on them and check them as luggage for air travel.  But the Spark stuff is so tiny it's easy to just carry it on in your carry-on luggage...
2017-7-27
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.4
United States

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2017-7-27 06:40
I'm glad someone else has the same case and can give me their opinion.  I like your alternative option as well!

Every day that goes by, I am happier with that HermitShell case.  It fits so much and there is still room for more.  Currently I have in there:

- Spark
- 4 batteries
- RC
- Fast Charging Dock and cables
- Small DJI Spark charger
- Fast Charger for my Samsung phone
- 2 USB micro cables (for Spark and RC)
- 1 USB-C cable (for phone)
- 2 extra sets of props
- Prop guards
- the shoulder strap for the case

...and I can still fit a bunch more stuff in the top zipper pocket.  I'm thinking of adding a big powerbank, microfiber cleaning cloth, a LensPen, and a Bulb Blower (for blasting dust/dirt/sand and grass clippings out of the Spark).  There's totally room for all that stuff.

Carrying 4 batteries is ideal for me and this is the perfect case for that.  You can charge them all by having 3 in the dock and one in the Spark.  And you get a total of almost 50 minutes of flight time by using them back to back, which means you can always have a couple in the fast charger and practically fly the thing continuously with no rest except to swap out the batteries, if you are near a power source.
2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.3
United States

rick bernotas Posted at 2017-7-27 10:46
I was also waiting for a hard, waterproof, floating case (it was the Go Professional one), but I got tired of waiting for it and decided it was too expensive for what was anyways, and way too bulky.

I ended up with the hermitshell case listed here as well as a couple smaller EVA cases.  And what I do now is just put them in my Seal Line dry deck back which lashes to my kayak deck and also my canoe.  Seal Line (and other makes) have a bunch of dry bag / deck bag options:  https://www.seallinegear.com/

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended).

I'd like to take my Spark on an upcoming rafting trip (much closer to lazy river rather than class 5 white water), but all the waterproof cases I've seen so far are way too pricey and bulky. I'm honestly half tempted to throw everything in my hermitshell case, but throw the batteries, RC, and AC in ziplock sandwich bags first in rare chance my raft flips over.
2017-7-27
Use props
42green
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

Form this post I ordered the same case, I'll be selling the bag that came with the Fly More combo. The combo bag did fit everything but I wasn't happy with what it took to get the Spark in and out.

I liked the look of the case above and in the zippered pocket should have room for the iPad mini 4. Hopefully will fit with a small slide in case as well, but just having eaiser access to the spark and charger was a big selling point.
2017-7-27
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I saw this case go on Amazon yesterday, it looks good quality, carbon effect and is actually very cheap at £13 http://amzn.to/2w4DKJI
2017-7-27
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I saw this case go on Amazon yesterday, it looks good quality, carbon effect and is actually very cheap at £13 http://amzn.to/2w4DKJI
2017-7-27
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.4
United States

42green Posted at 2017-7-27 13:03
Form this post I ordered the same case, I'll be selling the bag that came with the Fly More combo. The combo bag did fit everything but I wasn't happy with what it took to get the Spark in and out.

I liked the look of the case above and in the zippered pocket should have room for the iPad mini 4. Hopefully will fit with a small slide in case as well, but just having eaiser access to the spark and charger was a big selling point.

iPad will definitely fit.  The zippered pocket on the Hermitshell is roomier than it looks in the photos.  I am able to fit all prop guards, spare props and charging cables up there, and there would still be room for a tablet in there.
2017-7-27
Use props
ix3lplix
lvl.3
United States

42green Posted at 2017-7-27 13:03

More than enough room for an ipad mini. Here's a picture for reference. Mine is  an ipad mini 2, but they're close enough.

IMG_4002rd.jpg
2017-7-27
Use props
Drone Man Bob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74488 ft
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-27 13:34

oh look another affiliate link in your URL
2017-7-27
Use props
42green
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

ix3lplix Posted at 2017-7-27 15:01
More than enough room for an ipad mini. Here's a picture for reference. Mine is  an ipad mini 2, but they're close enough.

Yup, got it yesterday and tested the Spark in it today. Only downside that was mentioned in an Amazon review was how the molded area isn't the best for tightly holding things like foam is. I picked my bag up by the handle and could hear some things shift around. I'm going to put a small cloth or piece of foam in the case to help hold things a little better, but the sizing is great, everything is easy to access.
2017-7-28
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I got my case/bag today.  Everything pits amazingly.  I LOVE this thing! Even my iPad Pro 9.7" fits in the zipper.  This thing is great!
2017-7-28
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Nice case!...
2017-7-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Let us know when you find it.
2017-7-30
Use props
treeboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604747 ft
United States

So I'm considering this backpack for air travel.Edit: Meaning traveling by air, on a plane, to somewhere else with the Spark in it.
2017-8-13
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The case looks really good and is reduced to £19 on amazon, http://amzn.to/2vyVVK4 so cheap compared to how much my Mavic bag was
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules