DNG files Automagic changes to JPG?
1515 12 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

Hi , today the camera can change file format by it self.

This shouldnt be possible without you getting some information. I expect my camera setting to be set once and to stay that way until I need to change.

Its not nice to find out you been shooting JPG files when you expect the DNG files that was prev set.

Please DJI can we have this sorted.

Also the quality of the JPG are so low its not worth using for anything.

Compare this with an IPhone camera and the quality of the images.

2017-7-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

APP updates or firmware updates reset your settings or some of them most of the times. It's a good advice to verify them after an update.
2017-7-27
Use props
ChrisH_Photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133694 ft
South Africa

It changes from RAW to JPG in some of the 'intelligent' flight modes such as active track. I've reported it many times since February, and DJI Ken even promised to give me an answer months ago but never did. It's really annoying when as a pro adventure sports photographer you buy the drone exactly for this purpose and it can't do it.
Even more annoying is the way that DJI just ignore the issue and never fix it.
2017-7-27
Use props
computman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426194 ft
France

I have noticed the same issue.

I have configured DNG file and next fly, pictures were capture only in JPG format

No updates, no modifications between the two flights

Hope a solution soon
2017-7-27
Use props
computman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426194 ft
France

I have noticed the same issue.

I have configured DNG file and next fly, pictures were capture only in JPG format

No updates, no modifications between the two flights

Hope a solution soon
2017-7-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yup, intelligent flight modes will reset still camera format settings, as will using Hangar 360.
2017-7-27
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

And for a yet unknown reason, my Mavic keeps selecting 4K video mode even when I had chosen 720.
This is very irritating as my SD card runs of course out of space unexpectedly.
No firmware update, no app update.
I hope that DJI will fix all those bugs soon.
2017-7-27
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Please DJI can we get some respons on this ? Is this in the backlog to be fixed ?
2017-7-27
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Im in the same situation , I only need to use DNG files  for Photogrammetry but when it does switch to JPG with poor quality it cant be used for any quality work.
2017-7-27
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

Active track seems incapable of shooting a RAW file (seems to be a major drawback).  It changes the photo output to JPG and it remains at JPG after exiting active track until you manually set DNG again.  Its very annoying.

The other intelligent modes ive used (course lock, home lock, POI orbit) dont seem to do this.
2017-7-27
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Ok, yes it doesn't make sense why it would change. It has to be something easy from their side to fix. I wish I could force always on for DNG ...
2017-7-27
Use props
Pa1nter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417612 ft
Australia

I am having the same problem,travelling an hour to photo some mountain landscape for a poster,set my p4 pro to raw and jpeg,get home and all I have is jpegs?
How am I going to do the poster now??
2017-7-28
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

Dji crew ! Could you share some intel on this ? Is there a way to force DNG to always be on ?
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules