Win DJI Spark, Osmo Mobile or battery for your drone!
5323 38 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

DJI AQUA.jpeg

Water—the mighty, the pure, the beautiful, the unfathomable, the destroyer, the bringer of life. Our world’s most precious resource and one of the most beautiful, the time has arrived for praise to be paid by capturing the essence of water in your photos.

To enter, you’ll first need to join our Official DJI Owners’ Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji.owners/.

This group is run by DJI employees and full of knowledgeable, friendly users willing to help you reach your creative potential.

Next, you’ll need to post your water photo in the Official DJI Owners’ Group with the hashtag #DJIAqua. In your post, be sure to include the model of drone you used, as well as a brief description of where you took the photo.

You can submit photos from today, July 27th, through August 10th. On August 11th, a panel of judges, including our resident photography and drone guru Barry Blanchard, Randy Braun and Stacy Garlington who are both published photographers, drone photography experts and the founders of the DJI Aerial Photo Academy will choose 3 winners.  The winners will be announced on our official DJI Support page on August 8th.

1st prize – Spark
2nd prize – OSMO Mobile
3rd prize – 1 Battery of Choice

Prize will be given in the form of 100% discount coupon that can only be used on the DJI Store.

Competition Reminders and Guidelines:
The picture must have water in it.

No videos: This is a picture competition.
Each contestant can only submit one picture.
Only submit through the Official DJI Owners’ Group! Here’s the link again: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dji.owners/. Your request to join will be approved within 24 hours.
Please read our terms and conditions before entering: (https://goo.gl/stfdjf)
Be honest and submit your own work!

Have fun, and good luck pilots!
-DJI Support

2017-7-27
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'd rather not have a new Spark battery thanks. They cause your spark to die mid air..
2017-7-27
Use props
ChaosOssisLP (Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761447 ft
Germany

I don't have an facebookaccount. Is there another way to join?
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

posted my first photo, hopefully there will be more to come

https://attachment.outlook.offic ... .live.com&isc=1
2017-7-27
Use props
fans1e71c6dd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Ireland

No facebook account.is there another way to enter the comp.
2017-7-27
Use props
AirPhoto1.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 455558 ft
United States

Some really nice photos being added to the contest.  Here's one I took in the Turks and Caicos - where the shadows of the palm trees in the pool were fun to see.
IMG_0009 (1).JPG
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-7-27 05:20
I'd rather not have a new Spark battery thanks. They cause your spark to die mid air..

First prize is a Spark, not a spark battery.
2017-7-27
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-27 09:59
First prize is a Spark, not a spark battery.

Correct. But 3rd prize is a battery of your choice. My statement was a bit "tongue-in-cheek"
2017-7-27
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-7-27 11:20
Correct. But 3rd prize is a battery of your choice. My statement was a bit "tongue-in-cheek"

Oh ok I got ya. The first time I read it I was like what if you dont have a spark but then I re read it.
2017-7-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Howbout a pic of a bricked phantom_4, sitting at the bottom of a filled garden tub.
2017-7-27
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

sounds awesome
2017-7-27
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No Facebook account and no need to make one. I pass
2017-7-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

nice these contests, but there are still people on this planet who DONT have facebook.... like me....
and not going to make an account just for this (or any other contest).

no other way to join?
bit lame.... ;)
2017-7-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-7-27 05:20

Go cry somewhere else.   
2017-7-28
Use props
Jimmyeao
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6604 ft
United Kingdom

Does the pic have to come from a Drone?
2017-7-28
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

No Facebook account Please make it available to all next time thought your own system Thanks
2017-7-28
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

Jimmyeao Posted at 2017-7-28 04:33
Does the pic have to come from a Drone?

Yes it's a DJI Owner contest as it says above
2017-7-28
Use props
x-acto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

What Drone
2017-7-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

LOL@x-acto
2017-7-28
Use props
mike6545
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172927 ft
United States

I don't understand why people without Facebook accounts complain. You can't comment on this forum without an account, you can't use a DJI drone without an account, and you can't enter contests without an account. It's just how it works. I wanted to enter an Instagram contest the other day but I wasn't about to repost the ugly photo they wanted me to repost so unfortunately I didn't participate. End of story.
2017-7-29
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489400 ft
Ireland

mike6545 Posted at 2017-7-29 00:14
I don't understand why people without Facebook accounts complain. You can't comment on this forum without an account, you can't use a DJI drone without an account, and you can't enter contests without an account. It's just how it works. I wanted to enter an Instagram contest the other day but I wasn't about to repost the ugly photo they wanted me to repost so unfortunately I didn't participate. End of story.

Because not everybody buys into the abomination that facebook is. Why should somebody have to create TWO accounts to enter a competition. Surely it would be easier for all DJI forum users for the competition to be hosted on the DJI forum site, rather than farm it out.

(I seriously can't believe somebody actually needs that explained to them. I guess you're the lower common denominator facebook was designed for)
2017-7-29
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Could someone explain to me what Facebook is?

"Yes, it's a 24/7 social platform with people posting crap of cats, food and everybody telling everybody live is soooo good."  

Oke, and DJI wants me to get an account there,.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I'll pass and let someone else win the prizes.
Cause i had the winning picture.

Kefalonia 2017.jpg
2017-7-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Got my vote!
2017-7-29
Use props
mike6545
lvl.1
United States

Brokenphones Posted at 2017-7-29 05:51
Because not everybody buys into the abomination that facebook is. Why should somebody have to create TWO accounts to enter a competition. Surely it would be easier for all DJI forum users for the competition to be hosted on the DJI forum site, rather than farm it out.

(I seriously can't believe somebody actually needs that explained to them. I guess you're the lower common denominator facebook was designed for)

It can be seen the other way as well. People already have a Facebook account so why should they bother joining this forum? DJI is smart in doing this because it crosses forum users over to their Facebook group and vice versa. I was a forum member but never knew there was a facebook community until now. This is their goal and it worked. I used to create cross platform social media contests for a few companies I did marketing for as well and it is always successful. You get people who already love your brand and follow you on one platform to follow you on a different platform that they most likely have an account for anyway.
2017-7-29
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

What is next?  a Snapchat account?
2017-7-30
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Ireland

mike6545 Posted at 2017-7-29 16:24
It can be seen the other way as well. People already have a Facebook account so why should they bother joining this forum? DJI is smart in doing this because it crosses forum users over to their Facebook group and vice versa. I was a forum member but never knew there was a facebook community until now. This is their goal and it worked. I used to create cross platform social media contests for a few companies I did marketing for as well and it is always successful. You get people who already love your brand and follow you on one platform to follow you on a different platform that they most likely have an account for anyway.

I think, as you can see from the replies here, people don't have fscebook accounts.
2017-7-30
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Brokenphones Posted at 2017-7-30 03:45
I think, as you can see from the replies here, people don't have fscebook accounts.

if people don't have Facebook accounts then that's their business but obviously DJI is going to use one of the biggest social media websites in the world to do contests and market their products, especially since the majority of the population has an account and uses it regularly. i guarantee that there are more people with Facebook accounts just in the US than their are DJI accounts in the entire world. there's no question on why Facebook is used.

Answer: because more people will be exposed to DJI's products and possibly want to buy one.
2017-7-31
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Netherlands

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-31 03:47
if people don't have Facebook accounts then that's their business but obviously DJI is going to use one of the biggest social media websites in the world to do contests and market their products, especially since the majority of the population has an account and uses it regularly. i guarantee that there are more people with Facebook accounts just in the US than their are DJI accounts in the entire world. there's no question on why Facebook is used.

Answer: because more people will be exposed to DJI's products and possibly want to buy one.

And yet the skypixel contest is hosted within the site. Seems the powers that be at DJI missed a trick with that one, then, eh?
Why not open the competition in question to this forum AS WELL AS Facefook.
2017-7-31
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Brokenphones Posted at 2017-7-31 05:12
And yet the skypixel contest is hosted within the site. Seems the powers that be at DJI missed a trick with that one, then, eh?
Why not open the competition in question to this forum AS WELL AS Facefook.

and that, i can agree with. do it on both!

but at the same time it literally takes a minute to create a facebook account and it doesn't require you to share personal info. theres no real reason why you wouldn't make one unless you believe what everyone tells you about it.
2017-7-31
Use props
Brokenphones
lvl.3
Ireland

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-31 05:13
and that, i can agree with. do it on both!

but at the same time it literally takes a minute to create a facebook account and it doesn't require you to share personal info. theres no real reason why you wouldn't make one unless you believe what everyone tells you about it.

Are you aware how facefook trawls through all of your data on any PC you logon to it on? Even logging out of the account does not stop this data mining. favefook can take a jump. I will be the last person on the planet to open an account with them.  
2017-7-31
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Brokenphones Posted at 2017-7-31 06:59
Are you aware how facefook trawls through all of your data on any PC you logon to it on? Even logging out of the account does not stop this data mining. favefook can take a jump. I will be the last person on the planet to open an account with them.

and that is completely your choice. i have nothing of importance on any of my devices that Facebook can get a hold of so i'm not worried.
2017-7-31
Use props
Wolfie
New

United States

I certainly hope that those of you who entered read the rules.  You are giving DJI full rights to your photo.  To basically do whatever they want with the photo with no payment or credit.  Forever.  Whether you win or not.  Thankfully they included "non-exclusive" so they at least let you do your own thing with your photo.

From their rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p_pGGfeCN0Q1FBdDAzUjRuaWc/view

By entering into the Contest and submitting an Entry, each Entrant hereby grants to the
Organizer a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, sub-
licensable and transferable
license to use and exploit the Intellectual Property Rights subsisting in
their respective Entries.

The foregoing license shall provide the Organizer the right to edit, publish, print, use,
adapt, translate, exploit, modify, include in a compilation, copy, disseminate, dispose,
load onto its server, broadcast and/or transmit each Entrant's Entry for advertising,
promotional, display and/or publicity purposes
, and to use the Entries for all purpcoses
connected with the Contest without any compensation, further permission or
notification. Each Entrant also hereby grants each visitor to the Campaign Website a
non-exclusive license to acess an Entrant's Entry and to view, use, reproduce and
distribute such Entry.

Some of it is pretty common but some of it is a little more extensive.  Some is generic stuff because they have to put it on their servers and web site for the contest and is pretty typical.  The whole sub-licensable and transferable thing is a bit worrysome as it gives them rights to license your image or transfer this license to anyone else they want to, and they could do so for compensation and would not have to compensate you.  Just a forwarning.

2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Canada

Wolfie Posted at 2017-8-1 07:59
I certainly hope that those of you who entered read the rules.  You are giving DJI full rights to your photo.  To basically do whatever they want with the photo with no payment or credit.  Forever.  Whether you win or not.  Thankfully they included "non-exclusive" so they at least let you do your own thing with your photo.

From their rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4p_pGGfeCN0Q1FBdDAzUjRuaWc/view

well i don't have to worry because my photo isn't close to as nice as most of the others so i doubt they will do anything with it but thank you for the info/warning.
2017-8-1
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

How about a contest for those of us that do not use Facebook?  I will not go near that site.
2017-8-2
Use props
Tristan Gorry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15069 ft
Czechia

I agree, I also do not have Facebook and I do not like it. I do not know why not to run the competition here and let it be published by DJI at FB
2017-8-2
Use props
3VP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 165945 ft
Canada

Actually, unless otherwise stated, entries to all photo contests remove your rights to the submitted photograph. Its no biggie to most, but if you want to submit your photo to other contests or such, you can't. The original receiver has secured their rights to your photograph.
2017-8-2
Use props
Drink Windex
New
Flight distance : 262487 ft
United States

....how in the world do you plan to validate the pictures submitted.

someone will just go find an awesome water pic, 2000 pages into a google image search, and submit as if they took it.

Also, everyone is going to edit their photos with photoshop, etc. which defeats the whole point.

what fun is this, if the average joe can't just fly his drone somewhere cool snap and pic and submit and actually have a chance....
2017-8-3
Use props
mike6545
lvl.1
United States

Drink Windex Posted at 2017-8-3 20:13
....how in the world do you plan to validate the pictures submitted.

someone will just go find an awesome water pic, 2000 pages into a google image search, and submit as if they took it.

I'm not sure how in-depth DJI is with their contests but when I was a social media manager for a large company I reverse image searched any potential winner through google and other means to weed out cheaters. DJI could also ask that they upload the original file to a server where they can view the metadata that includes the drone info it was taken from. (Yes this can be faked but most people who take shortcuts to enter a contest don't think of or know how to do this.)
2017-8-12
Use props
mike6545
lvl.1
United States

Facebook doesn't data mine your PC, that would require installing software. Facebook has access to your internet browsing history and cookies just like any other site including this forum. Your browser saves these cookies and temp files for the purpose of tracking and sharing this info. There are ways around this including private browsing modes, vpns, turning off settings in facebook that allow them to look at your data, and third party extensions or antivirus programs that block this sort of tracking. Facebook does not have access to your actual PC and doesn't go through your documents, family photos, etc.

It may seem like facebook is data mining you but they are simply using data that is provided to them by you just like youtube recommends you videos based on your browsing history and Amazon will recommend products like "back scratchers" if you look up "itchy back" on a different website such as WebMD or google. If you're worried about your privacy and tracking you should probably stay off the internet because just about any website goes through this data.
Go to a public library, create a dummy facebook account, and enter the contest if you're that paranoid. It'll take 5 minutes.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules