Motors got hot
1180 6 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi all, about a month ago i was flying one day and when i landed after 1st or 2nd battery, i noticed that my motors were noticabley warm.
I touched the motors to my lips and 3 of 4 were abnormal hot - not over heated but notably warmer -

I did fly the next battery and the temp was about the same or less.

I have flown many times since and never again to date has this situation happened again.

Any ideas why it may have happened in the first place?
2017-7-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dude, putting your    on a hot motors???  

A lot of reasons maybe because you are in South Africa and the sun is really HOTTT or using excessive SPORT MODE etc... Also some motors spin faster than other to compensate.

But dude don't ever put your on a hot anything except on a hot girl or dude!  

2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

dronist Posted at 2017-7-27 10:22
Dude, putting your    on a hot motors???  

A lot of reasons maybe because you are in South Africa and the sun is really HOTTT or using excessive SPORT MODE etc... Also some motors spin faster than other to compensate.

i read once in a gadget magazine about drones, it said "do not get too attached to yr drone" guess it's too late for me
Yeh, could have been due to high performance as i was doing big circuits are a hill top but i have done more of that since then and have not noticed  the same.
Since it was a once off thing i am not so worried about it any more but still curious what it may be attributed to.
Yr suggestion of high performance is a definate maybe - although i still do not understand why 3 of 4 rather than all 4.
But the best possibility so far -- also the only one so far :-)
2017-7-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
India

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-27 11:38
i read once in a gadget magazine about drones, it said "do not get too attached to yr drone" guess it's too late for me
Yeh, could have been due to high performance as i was doing big circuits are a hill top but i have done more of that since then and have not noticed  the same.
Since it was a once off thing i am not so worried about it any more but still curious what it may be attributed to.

Hey, It is a free world dude...

As I mentioned before, one motor always run faster than the other three to compensate for pitch etc... but also depends on the temperature outside and if you have a blazing sun hitting the drone.

As long as you keep an eye on it and DON'T LICK the thing you should be OK!
2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

dronist Posted at 2017-7-27 12:34
Hey, It is a free world dude...

As I mentioned before, one motor always run faster than the other three to compensate for pitch etc... but also depends on the temperature outside and if you have a blazing sun hitting the drone.

what?? - no tongue!!
2017-7-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Not for you dude!!!
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any reminders on the app when you noticed some of the motors got warmed? Sometimes it might relate to the flight environment and the flight time, since we do not have your drone in hand, it is hard to judge.
You can check the app if you notice the motors warm again. No worries about this if the drone works fine.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules