what happend when i lost the connection to my Mavic?
1004 7 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr.Cat
New
Flight distance : 104977 ft
Switzerland

Today I flew with my Magic and lost the connection but after 2seconds i had again connection, but what happend when i lost the connection for more than 1minute, what do my drone, does it land?
2017-7-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

By default it returns to the home point when a connection occurs, though you can configure it to hover in place instead.
2017-7-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

What connection did you loos? Video signal, GPS, RC???

First make sure you set the RTH to HOME POINT, at least 65m for height, UNLESS, you'r flying in the jungle under trees, or inside, than you can set it to HOVER but remember to switch it back to HOME POINT when you are done.

Second if you loose connection, video signal, you still can control the AC by remote and that is why it is highly suggested to always fly in LOS. If you loose connection to the remote then the AC will RETURN HOME.

Read the manual ,practice in the academy, then fly in BEGINNER MODE until you are ready then still always fly in LOS.

Happy flying!

2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i know how that feels - wish i had an answer but i do'nt.

On occasion my device has said 'aircraft disconnected' and my device screen goes blank.
It has got to happen to you to fully know how terrifying that feels.

Unfortunately i am not a praying man so i just press and hold RTH and panic till i get my drone back.
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If the drone loses transmission signal above 3 seconds under RC mode or 20 seconds under WiFi mode, the drone will return to the Homepoint if you set Failsafe Feature to RTH and GPS signal is available. We had the introduction on our user manual: 御智能返航.png
2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-27 20:25
If the drone loses transmission signal above 3 seconds under RC mode or 20 seconds under WiFi mode, the drone will return to the Homepoint if you set Failsafe Feature to RTH and GPS signal is available. We had the introduction on our user manual:[view_image]

Thanks for posting this - interesting and helpful
2017-7-30
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I lost connection with my Mavic twice - both times it initiate RTH and I got a connection in several seconds seeing him fly towards me (it was really far and bad terrain) - practical lessons.
Because of this Great behavior I develop a habit to avoid putting my drone behind any obstacle like hills or mountain ranges - first not to loose connection and second in such case not to end up Mavic traveling directly toward obstacle ;)
2017-7-30
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This disconnection issue has been a big pain for me lately. I have tried using different phones (one androide the other iPhone) and get exactly the same problem. I get "disconnected" about 7-10 times per flight.

I'm seriously considering invoking my DJI refresh as I'm wondering if my Mavic was flawed from the start as it was one of the first off the production line.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules