Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WiFi of RC does not always show up on mobile device
760 6 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RogerP
lvl.1
Netherlands

Sometimes the WiFi of the RC simply does not show up on my iPhone SE, after starting up the RC.

Re-start of the RC is then needed!

More people who experienced this behaviour?

Do I have a defective RC?
2017-7-27
Use props
mtnlandpix
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I have the same phone with no problem.  After you start the RC, go into wifi settings on your phone and choose RC-XXXX,  as your wifi to join.
2017-7-27
Use props
jh8
First Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Probably because the Spark is trying to use 2.4GHz for the Spark-RC connection. leaving the RC-Phone connection on a specific set of 5.8Ghz channels that are unsupported in the EU on many devices and therefore never shows up on your phone. A reset using by keeping the drone power button pressed for 9s (3 beeps) typically solves it. Also check the many other threads discussing this and related issues...

It was mentioned by DJI that they are working on this. Hopefully by allowing the Phone-RC connection on a EU supported 5.8Ghz channel so we can switch to 2.4GHz for the Spark and get more range than 250m here.
2017-7-27
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

This is exactly why you need something like this : http://amzn.to/2uCI0SN I don't trust the RC - Phone WifI connection, OTG all the way
2017-7-27
Use props
RogerP
lvl.1
Netherlands

mtnlandpix Posted at 2017-7-27 11:13
I have the same phone with no problem.  After you start the RC, go into wifi settings on your phone and choose RC-XXXX,  as your wifi to join.

I do that and then sometimes the RC-XXXX does not show up
2017-7-27
Use props
RogerP
lvl.1
Netherlands

jh8 Posted at 2017-7-27 11:14
Probably because the Spark is trying to use 2.4GHz for the Spark-RC connection. leaving the RC-Phone connection on a specific set of 5.8Ghz channels that are unsupported in the EU on many devices and therefore never shows up on your phone. A reset using by keeping the drone power button pressed for 9s (3 beeps) typically solves it. Also check the many other threads discussing this and related issues...

It was mentioned by DJI that they are working on this. Hopefully by allowing the Phone-RC connection on a EU supported 5.8Ghz channel so we can switch to 2.4GHz for the Spark and get more range than 250m here.

I don't even have the spark started-up at the moment that the issue occurs...
2017-7-27
Use props
rickysuperdog
First Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

When flying indoor my RC wifi always disappear may be too many interferences. Try moving the RC to other area with no router and electric device beside and will show up.
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules