Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with brief case mode
2367 3 2014-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milan
New
Sweden

I bought a DJI Ronin a couple of days ago and have so far tested it with a Panasonic GH4 and a Sony NEX FS700. When I've rigged it with the FS700 I've used a very light lens, so that I would be able to balance it properly. The Ronin works as it's supposed to, both in underslung and upright mode, but when I try to put it in briefcase mode it acts weird and wants to keep the pan arm in the same position as when in underslung mode, instead of aligning it with the handlebar.

I have tried to activate underslung mode and deactivate it (in case there was a bug) in the DJI Assistant, but it reacts the same. I've tried doing it with both the GH4 and the NEX FS700, without success. Could it be that I need to change some of the other settings somehow to make it work? If so, what do I need to change?
2014-10-15
Use props
paul.pan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
China

Briefcase mode requires you to position the top bar so that it is perfectly perpendicular with the ground, making a 90 degree angle. When you hold the Ronin in underslung mode and you roll to the left or right approaching this 90 degree angle with the handle bar, does the Roll axis seem to follow over? If it is doing this, that means briefcase mode has been turned off.
2014-10-15
Use props
dylan
lvl.1
United States

Make sure briefcase mode is on (set the switch in the assistant software so you see green) - then the method that works best for me:

hold the camera as you would normally by the handle bars, begin to roll the bars clockwise - when you're at 90 degrees from the normal position, grab the handle at the top, rotate as necessary and that's it.

Some help videos I've seen have you roll the handle bars back first, but i've found going clock wise first is much smoother.
2014-10-25
Use props
Karl Allemyr
lvl.1

Sweden

Did you solve it? Maybe it had bad balance whjen going into briefcase mode?
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules