Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone still not working for many?
2141 28 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem as before, the spark doesn't gain altitude no matter what height I start it at and it always flies back way further than the set distance. All the mods do is ask for black box data. Why don't they grab a few Sparks and test this themselves. It's happening to so many of us that it can't just be a coincidence.
I think if you have this problem post a reply with what phone or device you are using. See if there'ssome kind of link.
I use iPhone 6+ with and without the controller and it still doesn't dronie properly.

2017-7-27
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

Mine works a little better than it did prior to the firmware update but it still doesn't ascend as much as it should.  I'm using an iPhone 7 with the remote control.  
2017-7-27
Use props
Visualkaos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using iPhone 7 and it continues to fly backwards way past the designated distance assigned and doesn't  gain altitude.  Everything is up to date firmware, app etc...
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We care much for your feedback and our engineers are working hard to make your flight experience better. Since different person have different flight environment and habits, we need more specific data to locate the causes. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.
2017-7-27
Use props
Frangu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-27 18:57
We care much for your feedback and our engineers are working hard to make your flight experience better. Since different person have different flight environment and habits, we need more specific data to locate the causes. Your cooperation is highly appreciated.

Im willing to provide logs everyday i fly it if that helps the cause
2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Frangu Posted at 2017-7-27 19:15
Im willing to provide logs everyday i fly it if that helps the cause

Thanks for the assistant. Just to verify first, did you run the latest firmware with the Spark and still get the same problem?
If you did, please export your flight data and upload it to Dropbox, we would help to make a further analysis. Here the tutorial:
2017-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Visualkaos Posted at 2017-7-27 18:41
Using iPhone 7 and it continues to fly backwards way past the designated distance assigned and doesn't  gain altitude.  Everything is up to date firmware, app etc...

Why don't you just post flight log and then we can see it staying at the same height, might help others.
Link below to PH.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-29
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

iphone 6 and dronie does not gain much altitude, it gaing a little now but before the update it did not gain any so i guess thats progress?
2017-7-29
Use props
J.G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 172562 ft
Mexico

iPhone6s and RC, no altitude at all.
2017-7-29
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.1
United States

Doesn't gain any height.  Iphone6 with RC.
2017-7-30
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-7-29 03:03
Thanks for the assistant. Just to verify first, did you run the latest firmware with the Spark and still get the same problem?
If you did, please export your flight data and upload it to Dropbox, we would help to make a further analysis. Here the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&index=4&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i

I second this.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

J.G Posted at 2017-7-29 07:08
iPhone6s and RC, no altitude at all.

Sorry to hear that, would you please export the data needed as the following tutorial so we can analyze it for you?
There are three files in total, please upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

GIdoc Posted at 2017-7-30 10:14
Doesn't gain any height.  Iphone6 with RC.

Would you please provide us the data for analysis?
You could refer to the tutorial I posted above, thanks.
2017-8-1
Use props
JP Santos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116929 ft
Portugal

I tried several dronies with diferent distances on app. Sometimes i input 20m others 30m of distance. But it always goes further. By default the app shows always 40m. I'm assuming that maybe this is a minimum? It doesn't care how value you mark, the spark always flies for almost 40m minimum. Is this makes sense?
2017-8-1
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

i tried dronie last weekend and it actually lowered in altitude on about a 30 degree angle.
2017-8-1
Use props
Dirk52
First Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Works for me like it is shown in the videos... first only back and then back and up at an angle. There is no 45° angle from the beginning. Stops after the distance it was set to.
2017-8-1
Use props
Gijzel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48445 ft
Netherlands

dronies working perfect for me
2017-8-1
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Just a personal suggestion: have you ever tried borrowing an Android phone and test if it is your Spark or your phone?
2017-8-1
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

JP Santos Posted at 2017-8-1 05:08
I tried several dronies with diferent distances on app. Sometimes i input 20m others 30m of distance. But it always goes further. By default the app shows always 40m. I'm assuming that maybe this is a minimum? It doesn't care how value you mark, the spark always flies for almost 40m minimum. Is this makes sense?

I can confirm Spark strictly follow the distance I chose on my Android phone (Motorola Nexus 6), just test last Sunday. Have you ever tried with any other phone?
2017-8-1
Use props
fans053efd4d
First Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I was testing some functionality, and tested the Dronie.  It flew straight back from the target (me), and did not increase altitude.  If time permits I'll upload the flight recorder data for analysis.  Not a biggie for me (I don't think I've much use for the Dronie), but I know it matters to others.
2017-8-1
Use props
JP Santos
lvl.4
Portugal

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-1 05:32
I can confirm Spark strictly follow the distance I chose on my Android phone (Motorola Nexus 6), just test last Sunday. Have you ever tried with any other phone?

Nope, IOS here. I will try it. Thanks. Last time i tried a dronie i had to stop it at 70m but i inserted 30m at dronie distance before.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans053efd4d Posted at 2017-8-1 05:32
Yesterday I was testing some functionality, and tested the Dronie.  It flew straight back from the target (me), and did not increase altitude.  If time permits I'll upload the flight recorder data for analysis.  Not a biggie for me (I don't think I've much use for the Dronie), but I know it matters to others.

It's appreciated if you could provide us the data, we'll help you analyze it. Please refer to the tutorial I posted at 12#, thanks.
2017-8-3
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Dronie still not working, as mentioned by many other users.

I'm not too sure why DJI continues to ask for flight data though.

Are they saying that none of the Sparks available to them exhibit this behaviour?

Or are they just passing the buck?
2017-8-3
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-3 18:11
It's appreciated if you could provide us the data, we'll help you analyze it. Please refer to the tutorial I posted at 12#, thanks.

DJI Natalia, I think I've three requests from DJI now to upload flight data for specific use cases.  I'll be happy to review the instructions and learn how to do so, but I won't be able to do it until next week.

Since I'm going to delve into a lot of troubleshooting on behalf of myself and DJI, I politely request a sharing of information between DJI and myself.  A question was posed earlier, and I'll ask similar questions of you.  Is DJI not experiencing the same behavior in their test flights?  Is the Dronie behaving for DJI?
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-4 05:09
DJI Natalia, I think I've three requests from DJI now to upload flight data for specific use cases.  I'll be happy to review the instructions and learn how to do so, but I won't be able to do it until next week.

Since I'm going to delve into a lot of troubleshooting on behalf of myself and DJI, I politely request a sharing of information between DJI and myself.  A question was posed earlier, and I'll ask similar questions of you.  Is DJI not experiencing the same behavior in their test flights?  Is the Dronie behaving for DJI?

Actually speaking, the new firmware has optimized this feature, we have tested it on our end, it works properly.
It's greately appreciated if you could provide us the data which may help us locate where the probelm persits, thank you in advance.
please export the data at you earlist conveinece, waiting to hear from you!
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oz Moose Posted at 2017-8-3 19:23
Dronie still not working, as mentioned by many other users.

I'm not too sure why DJI continues to ask for flight data though.

We totally understand how you feel, while for many users, the Dronie mode is working perfectly.
The situation has been optimized with the latest firmware, if it's not working properly, the data is very important for us to locate the issue.
Please export it, upload to Dropbox and provide me the link, I'll forward it to engineers for analysis soon, thank you very much!
2017-8-5
Use props
leaksguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 253 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The latest firmware actually made it worse for me.  When you click on the Dronie icon in the DJI GO 4 app and select the max distance, it used to have a green checkmark on the lower right side of the screen to confirm.  That is now gone.  Either way, the aircraft has never (not once) respected the max distance input into the app in Dronie.  DJI needs to figure this out.
2017-8-5
Use props
JP Santos
lvl.4
Portugal

leaksguy Posted at 2017-8-5 03:07
The latest firmware actually made it worse for me.  When you click on the Dronie icon in the DJI GO 4 app and select the max distance, it used to have a green checkmark on the lower right side of the screen to confirm.  That is now gone.  Either way, the aircraft has never (not once) respected the max distance input into the app in Dronie.  DJI needs to figure this out.

Yes, the same with me. In previous update it had the "green checkmark", Now its gone. You can choose what distance you want but the spark flies more and, in my case, until connection disconnect. That's the reason i have now to stop it manually before he goes out of reach.
2017-8-5
Use props
Charles Adams
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I want to product a controlled "Dronie Only" log, and I've not had the opportunity to do that yet.  DJI...  it's coming :-) just don't know when.  This weekend I was over water and sure as h#!! wasn't going to do any testing, and as of now my weather forecast includes a LOT of rain for a long time (poor flying weather).  So it's still on my list.  Anybody else who is experiencing the same thing could also provide DJI the data, and might be able to do it sooner than I.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules