Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dueling Go Apps
755 5 2017-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

I recently did a commercial shoot using an Osmo with an iPhone 5 and an Osmo Mobile with an iPhone 6SE.  The Osmo uses wi-fi.  The Mobile uses Bluetooth.  However, the two apps kept trying to connect to the other camera.  In otherwords, even though I had a good connection with the Osmo, the DJI Go app kept trying to connect to the Osmo Mobile.  The result?  90% of my video was corrupt.  The video that did make it was out of sync with the sounds.
I am going to attempt this shoot again (embarassing and unprofessional).  I've not tried using both devices at the same time before, so was unaware of this peculiarity.  I am turning bluetooth off on the Osmo, and wi-fi off on the Mobile.  Hopefully, this will stop the issue.  I'll update when I am done.

2017-7-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Bluetooth of other device must be turned off when you use Osmo Mobile, so does the wifi with Osmo.
Looking forward to your update.
2017-7-28
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

That information would have been helpful to have in the documentation BEFORE I lost 90% of my work and the job, since it wasn't done in a timely manner and the client went with another vendor.  How hard would it be for the app to bond with one device and ignore other attempts once it is connected?

I shot a few minutes of video with the Bluetooth off on the Osmo connected phone and wifi off on the Mobile connected phone.  I did not receive any attempts to connect to another device and the video came through.  It appears to have solved at least the connection problem.  I hope the corrupted file issue has also been resolved.

What would happen if I had two Osmos, both using wi-fi?  From my experience above, the two cameras would be competing for control over both apps and it would be a disaster.

2017-7-28
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DonBishop Posted at 2017-7-28 08:45
That information would have been helpful to have in the documentation BEFORE I lost 90% of my work and the job, since it wasn't done in a timely manner and the client went with another vendor.  How hard would it be for the app to bond with one device and ignore other attempts once it is connected?

I shot a few minutes of video with the Bluetooth off on the Osmo connected phone and wifi off on the Mobile connected phone.  I did not receive any attempts to connect to another device and the video came through.  It appears to have solved at least the connection problem.  I hope the corrupted file issue has also been resolved.

There is a limit to the "info" that can be covered by any manual.  As the End user and professional, it is your responsibility to understand how your tools work.  If you are using multiple OSMOs (which I do) then simply set the mobil device to forget the other connection.... works for me with iPhones and OSMOs
2017-7-29
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.2
United States

PinpointMapping Posted at 2017-7-29 09:43
There is a limit to the "info" that can be covered by any manual.  As the End user and professional, it is your responsibility to understand how your tools work.  If you are using multiple OSMOs (which I do) then simply set the mobil device to forget the other connection.... works for me with iPhones and OSMOs

Have you actually tried this, and did it work?  Or, are you simply seeking an opportunity to spank someone and make yourself look good? Certainly, you could have provided your keen insights without the insult to my professionalism.

I ask, because I just took both iPhones and turned on the one Osmo.  I told one iPhone to forget the Osmo network and connected with the other.  I then loaded DJI Go app in both phones and started filming using just the connected phone.  After a while, I got the message that the Osmo was connected to another device.  Perhaps you are using a different phone that operates differently than an iPhone?  
2017-7-29
Use props
PinpointMapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

DonBishop Posted at 2017-7-29 10:32
Have you actually tried this, and did it work?  Or, are you simply seeking an opportunity to spank someone and make yourself look good? Certainly, you could have provided your keen insights without the insult to my professionalism.

I ask, because I just took both iPhones and turned on the one Osmo.  I told one iPhone to forget the Osmo network and connected with the other.  I then loaded DJI Go app in both phones and started filming using just the connected phone.  After a while, I got the message that the Osmo was connected to another device.  Perhaps you are using a different phone that operates differently than an iPhone?

I use iPhone 7+ and multiple iPad 4 minis for running dji go & go 4 apps.  Perhaps you might consider changing passwords from the default 12341234.  Are you keeping the mobile device close to the OSMO to starting recording and walking away (with mobile). Once the connection is "lost" the camera will try and pair with another nearby device.  Once you've told the iOS to forget the network, you should be prompted for the password before it can connect to the OSMO.  Perhaps try and restart iPhone afte "forgetting network"
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules