Huawei P10 Plus or Samsung S8+
2049 5 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6762 ft
Australia

Newbie question here - I just bought the Spark with the Fly More combo pack and my phone (a One Plus 2) won't work with the DJI Go 4 app.  After about a day of frustration I gave up and got onto Support.  I could connect to the phone using the RC's wifi but could not get past the 'Enter Device' screen.  It would only ever go to Select Network screen and then back to the home page of the app.  The weird thing was that I could then control the Gimbal but nothing else (couldn't see the flight screen or use any other controls).  

DJI Support let me know the phone isn't compatible so I am now looking for a new one. Since it's not a small outlay I would really value the opinions of others with more experience than me.  One of the reasons I have the One Plus 2 is for the dual sims.  The Huawei P10 Plus and Samsung S8+ both have dual sim functionality too.  The camera looks great in the HuaWei but that screen on the Samsung just looks incredible.  

Anyway, it seems that the P10 Plus is listed as compatible by DJI while the S8+ isn't.  Trawling through the forums here and I seem to get conflicting views on the S8+ (but also on other supported Android phones).  Out of these two options, which would you recommend based on your experience?

Any feedback/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jerry

2017-7-28
Use props
Nutz2100
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63041 ft
United States

I have absolutely no problems using my Galaxy S8 Plus. The connect wired or Wireless without a hitch every time.
2017-7-28
Use props
Nutz2100
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63041 ft
United States

Sorry I voice typed that and didn't check for mistakes.  * It connects wired or.....
2017-7-28
Use props
Scotty S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

I'm using an LG G6 without problems.

Great phone and you can get them at a steal these days.
2017-7-28
Use props
jerryat
lvl.2
Australia

Nutz2100 Posted at 2017-7-28 03:11
I have absolutely no problems using my Galaxy S8 Plus. The connect wired or Wireless without a hitch every time.

Thanks, that's good to know.
Cheers,
Jerry
2017-7-28
Use props
jerryat
lvl.2
Australia

Scotty S Posted at 2017-7-28 03:44
I'm using an LG G6 without problems.

Great phone and you can get them at a steal these days.

Hi Scotty,
Thanks, I will have to check that phone out.
Cheers
2017-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules