Here we go again ... NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL!
905 17 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is 3rd event of sudden malfunctioning during last month since I start my summer trip. Location this time: Slocan Lake (Central Kootenay BC, Canada), Latitude 50.0894, Longitude -117.4659. No NFZ. No WiFi connection, naturally. First flight by Inspire 1 Pro OK. Second battery: system power up ... boom, NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. Shut down, immediate switch to Phantom 3 Pro (both birds controlled by the same Go app 3.1.2 on dedicated iPad Air2) ... NITS as well! Again both drones are affected by the same fault! 3rd bird (P4P+) works charmingly with it's own Android device. Moved my boat 5km away from this spot ... boom, Inspire and P3P are back in order! Exactly the same pattern like with 2 previous NITS events, spaced roughly 2 weeks ...

If I ignore absurd conspiracy theory that DJI is somehow crippling drones flying on older FW and Go app, than only faulty iPad Air2 or corrupted app can possibly cause such seldom and random happenings. This can not be confirmed nor denied since the issue is not permanent. Cables triple checked OK. Occasional overheating? Doubt it, it was rather chilly morning. How one can diagnose device overheating anyway? I have no access to any other device. Guess I must live with this issue for now and try to figure the problem back home ...

2017-7-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Matt

Sorry you are fighting this problem still. You are correct by saying that if you are using the latest Go App, you need to be on the latest FW for everything to play nicely.  So far after doing all the latest FW and using the new Go App my Inspire 1 was operating perfectly. My iPad mini 4 even in the hot weather has not missed a beat.  

Because you are seeing this on both of your drones using the same device, I am really suspicious of a corrupted file or something similar.  Or they are not compatible now because of older FW??

At least you are able to move the boat and get things going again  

PS, if the iPad is overheating it will warn you... before shutting down.   

All the best my friend
Rich
2017-7-28
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-28 20:26
Hi Matt

Sorry you are fighting this problem still. You are correct by saying that if you are using the latest Go App, you need to be on the latest FW for everything to play nicely.  So far after doing all the latest FW and using the new Go App my Inspire 1 was operating perfectly. My iPad mini 4 even in the hot weather has not missed a beat.  

Rich, both aircrafts are on a year old FW and Go app is also of the same age. Both were performing just fine since June 2016, no need to fix things that aren't broken. Apparently that's not true anymore ... Gonna flush everything when back home.

Cheers, Brother...
2017-7-28
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

So it seems Apple hardware issues. Android hardware is fine. What Android version are you running?
2017-7-30
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DTK Posted at 2017-7-30 07:30
So it seems Apple hardware issues. Android hardware is fine. What Android version are you running?

I'm not sure it's hardware issue, it may be that Go app software is corrupted after recent iPad Air2 OS update. After all it's a brutal intervention, shuffling the entire OS upside down. I'm not going to mess with this for now since I'm on a summer camping trip. One way or another one of my 3 birds will do the job when needed.

As for my P4P+ drone, device system version is described as 1.2.0.0 with android 5.1.1. It's running just fine for now with Go app 4.1.0, little annoyance with new geofencing system aside ...
2017-7-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-28 22:16
Rich, both aircrafts are on a year old FW and Go app is also of the same age. Both were performing just fine since June 2016, no need to fix things that aren't broken. Apparently that's not true anymore ... Gonna flush everything when back home.

Cheers, Brother...

Matt

Apple just pushed out an update that stated fixes and security improvements. I noticed while flying my P4P today that the iPad mini 4 was running much cooler and no problems at all with the HD signal  

FYI, I am running all of the new FW and App /// everything is working great on the Inspire 1.

Have fun on the rest of your vacation!!
Rich
2017-7-30
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-30 18:10
Matt

Apple just pushed out an update that stated fixes and security improvements. I noticed while flying my P4P today that the iPad mini 4 was running much cooler and no problems at all with the HD signal  

Rich, I will do all necessary updates when I'm back home. For now I just don't wan't to risk more problems with field performed updates, having only mobile internet connection at the mercy of erratic cellular coverage in rural parts of Canada.

Man, I wish you to be here with me ... The weather is spectacular, lake water is crystal clear and snow capped Rockies on the horizon ... Life's good ...
2017-7-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-30 18:39
Rich, I will do all necessary updates when I'm back home. For now I just don't wan't to risk more problems with field performed updates, having only mobile internet connection at the mercy of erratic cellular coverage in rural parts of Canada.

Man, I wish you to be here with me ... The weather is spectacular, lake water is crystal clear and snow capped Rockies on the horizon ... Life's good ...

Mathew
I agree with you and understand your reasons for waiting.

Oh man, it would certainly be nice to be up there on the lake enjoying the beautiful area that you are visiting. Maybe sometime   

I am glad the weather is nice and hope you are getting some great videos and stills !!  cant wait until you can post some for us..

Rich

2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dobmatt, we are sorry to hear that the issue occurs again, have you noticed the status led of RC, if it was solid green, means the downlink is OK.
And have you kept any snapshot of HD settings settings? It will be useful for our engineer to analyze.
2017-7-30
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Someone told me if you plan to not update e.g. FW, don't update anything else, especially OS, you avoid incompatibility App - OS
2017-7-31
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-30 22:54
Dobmatt, we are sorry to hear that the issue occurs again, have you noticed the status led of RC, if it was solid green, means the downlink is OK.
And have you kept any snapshot of HD settings settings? It will be useful for our engineer to analyze.

Mindy, next time I'll take time to make all necessary screenshots and note LED light status. As for now it's a puzzling issue ...
2017-7-31
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2017-7-31 05:08
Someone told me if you plan to not update e.g. FW, don't update anything else, especially OS, you avoid incompatibility App - OS

It's one possible explanation of my troubles, since OS on my tablet was updated recently ...
2017-7-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-31 08:02
It's one possible explanation of my troubles, since OS on my tablet was updated recently ...

Matt

I am now wondering if the iOS is where your problem started and caused the issue with the DJI Apps?  I have noticed a big improvement since the new update iOS 10.3.3 .  I seems to always be something to look out for

Rich
2017-7-31
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-31 09:03
Matt

I am now wondering if the iOS is where your problem started and caused the issue with the DJI Apps?  I have noticed a big improvement since the new update iOS 10.3.3 .  I seems to always be something to look out for

Rich, my iPad Air2 is on 10.3.2 ... This never ending dance with FW updates will make me one day damping everything off the bridge and watch splash waves ... Than I'll dive as well and somebody will make viral YouTube video ... No way ...  
2017-7-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-31 09:57
Rich, my iPad Air2 is on 10.3.2 ... This never ending dance with FW updates will make me one day damping everything off the bridge and watch splash waves  ... Than I'll dive as well and somebody will make viral YouTube video ... No way ...

LOL, don't do that !!  

At least we have something to go on now, 10.3.2 might have been the culprit that everyone has been fighting.   Update to the 10.3.3 and see if all your worries are behind you... then when you get home you can update the FW and App.

Not sure if your video would go viral but lets not try  okay

Rich
2017-7-31
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-31 17:10
LOL, don't do that !!  

At least we have something to go on now, 10.3.2 might have been the culprit that everyone has been fighting.   Update to the 10.3.3 and see if all your worries are behind you... then when you get home you can update the FW and App.

Rich, I CAN'T UPDATE iOS ON MY DEVICE BECAUSE I'M NOT CONNECTED TO NETWORK! No WiFi ... Remember, I'm on my houseboat, on Slocan Lake, BC, Canada ... Nearest town is 25 km away ... However, my beer supplies are about to vanish ... I will have to make that trip back to civilization (WiFi) soon ...

Cheers, Brother Rich.
2017-7-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-31 18:39
Rich, I CAN'T UPDATE iOS ON MY DEVICE BECAUSE I'M NOT CONNECTED TO NETWORK! No WiFi ... Remember, I'm on my houseboat, on Slocan Lake, BC, Canada ... Nearest town is 25 km away ... However, my beer supplies are about to vanish ... I will have to make that trip back to civilization (WiFi) soon ...

Cheers, Brother Rich.

Matt

You cant let the beer supplies run dry! YES, I remember that you are out in the boonies (in gods beautiful country)

Yup so you are roughing it out there and we all feel very sorry for you ... Not

It is going to be in 115*F  tomorrow we are in the middle of some ridicules heat wave and I would rather be up there with you right now

Take care
Rich
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-7-31 07:59
Mindy, next time I'll take time to make all necessary screenshots and note LED light status. As for now it's a puzzling issue ...

Yeah, I will escalate to our engineer for analysis as long as you provide necessary information.
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules