P4P HDMI output
1632 6 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac5bec9b
New
Flight distance : 5981526 ft
United States

1st post, so if this topic is covered please let me know where..

My P4P disconnects when I plug in the HDMI output cable. Both the secondary screen and iPad loose the live picture. If I unplug the HDMI cable the I pad picture returns in ~10 seconds.. HDMI is on under HD in the menu.. I have un installed and re installed the board, twice...   Is there a specific sequence that needs to be followed for HDMI out??  I've looked around and it seems a like a straight forward operation..

Thank you..
2017-7-29
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fansac5,

It looks like you are using the DJI Goggles with your P4 Pro.  So, this is the Phantom without the built in screen?  You had to install a HDMI module?  There are different procedures depending on what product you have.  If you are not using the Plus, your device will also be involved and will have resolution input qualities.  Oh yeah, you are using an iPAD.

The important part of your installation is you have to refresh the current firmware for your Remote Controller.  This is done through the Assistant 2 software on your computer.  If you do this, the remote controller will now recognize that you have added new hardware to your remote controller and install the required software for it to work properly.

Generally, HDMI displays have to be on and active prior to any input means.  Depending on what device you have, there is a page in the General Settings for the HD that asks you HDMI questions.  Be sure to address them before coming back to the Forum.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-29
Use props
fansac5bec9b
New
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-29 16:42
Aloha fansac5,

It looks like you are using the DJI Goggles with your P4 Pro.  So, this is the Phantom without the built in screen?  You had to install a HDMI module?  There are different procedures depending on what product you have.  If you are not using the Plus, your device will also be involved and will have resolution input qualities.  Oh yeah, you are using an iPAD.

Thank you, I will try this and let you know if it works..
2017-7-30
Use props
bondi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71394 ft
Germany

Hi,
I had / have the same problem. Today I reinstalled the original Modul (without HDMI) and powered everything on - just to prepare to send back the cdmi model. I then wanted to give it another try and installed the hdmi model back again...and out of the sudden it worked. Only thing not working is the RC charging the iPad. The original modul did. But at least HDMI outputs work ....
Dont know if the reinstallation did the trick, if there is any lose connection which will come and go.....but there was no software  firmware change during the above....

Peter
2017-7-30
Use props
fansac5bec9b
New
United States

fansac5bec9b Posted at 2017-7-30 02:29
Thank you, I will try this and let you know if it works..

This did not work.. I restored my remote to factory and re installed updates. HDMI outputs some information on to the TV, briefly, then blanks..

My HDMI card is about a year old, are there compatibility issues with the older cards and the DJI Goggles??
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 as Cetacean's description.

Also, another working HDMI is recommended to verify the issue if applicable.
2017-7-31
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Hello DJI.
I have the same issue but i want too tell my story.
So, when i install the HDMI module to my P4P, all was good. I refres the firmware using my iPad, the video feed work perfectly.
After thet i has not use the HDMI output untill today and what i seen today - My DJI Go App "Disconected" 10 seconds - conected an this for circle...................
I have try to refres the firmware on my RC, not working...

I have start to thinking that the issue not in software or firmware but in hardware........but.......
i have the Inspire PRO  (i took the HDMI module from them) i replace the HDMI module back and what i see - ewerything wark good. The video feed good on my IPAD and on my DJI Goggles HDMI conected!

I have only one question - Howe this can happen?????   At firt timy i place HDMI module to RC P4P  ewerything was good but ufter 2 weaks not using  we have an big issue???

A have read the forum, many people have the same issues an no answare!

DJI THOR   DJI Susan  or somebody else  pleas give us the unswere!

Thenk you end sory fro my english
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules