Will 7.85" Crystal Sky fit in Phantom 4A stock controller mount?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

I have searched and not been able to find an answer to this question. I know DJI sells a mount for the controller but I also own a Mavic Pro and will want to use the screen on it as well so I don't want CS installed on the P4A controller.

I know CS has the big battery on the back but can't CS be mounted offset so the battery doesn't hit stock mount? In other words, mounting it similar to an ipad mini just offset to allow the battery clearance.

Thanks.
2017-7-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Use one of these:  http://store.dji.com/product/cry ... er-mounting-bracket
2017-7-29
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

Right. As I said I don't want to use that mount because I want to use CS with my Mavic as well. Plus my wife wouldn't be able to use the P4A with her cell phone if I installed that mount.
2017-7-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-7-29 22:06
Right. As I said I don't want to use that mount because I want to use CS with my Mavic as well. Plus my wife wouldn't be able to use the P4A with her cell phone if I installed that mount.

Aloha Dawg,

There are adapters for the Mavic pro to use the CS 7.85.  I wondered why it was so thick in relief.  

You could also make an adapter at the top and bottom for the standard holder.  Think about it.  Just making a suggestion.  I have done it for others, but not for the CS.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We would not recommend to connect CS without RC Mounting Bracket as it is really inconvenience. BTW, unauthorized repair or modified may void your warranty.
2017-8-1
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-30 01:23
Aloha Dawg,

There are adapters for the Mavic pro to use the CS 7.85.  I wondered why it was so thick in relief.  

The CS seems to work just fine in the P4A controller without the battery, as the controller seems to provide enough power through the cable.

I have a mount ordered and on its way but I thought anyone else wondering about this might like to know that it'll work.

Lucky you live Hawaii! I used to live on Oahu (moved away in 1997)....miss it everyday.

Aloha
2017-8-7
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

Not sure about the CS, but I just bought an Apple Ipad and it just barely fits into the mount for my P4A.  I think my screen is like 9".   Also, like your avatar.  I have an 06 Z06.
2017-8-7
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
United States

VetteGuyZ06 Posted at 2017-8-7 16:45
Not sure about the CS, but I just bought an Apple Ipad and it just barely fits into the mount for my P4A.  I think my screen is like 9".   Also, like your avatar.  I have an 06 Z06.

Thanks. That isn't my boat but that was my 08 Corvette...first year for the LS3 and that thing was a beast. Of course not as much as your LS7 lol. I sold mine last year. I drove a vette as a daily driver for 9 years so I went with a Pathfinder which I love, but I'm getting vette fever again. I've owned a C4, a C5, and the C6.

Have you had the heads done on your LS7 or any issues with that? Some were fine while others weren't. I'm leaning towards getting 2010 or 11 Grand Sport next.

My dad has a 1984 he bought new that only has 48k miles on it. I grew up around that car and drove it (only a few times) as a teenager.
2017-8-7
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-8-7 09:27
The CS seems to work just fine in the P4A controller without the battery, as the controller seems to provide enough power through the cable.

I have a mount ordered and on its way but I thought anyone else wondering about this might like to know that it'll work.

Aloha Dawg,

Good you remember the "Lucky You Live Hawai'i" phrase!  A lot of things have happened since 1997.  There are drones over here now!  At least you are enjoying your Vettes now more than over here.  Hard to drive 100 miles here in one direction.  Good luck with your rig!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-7
Use props
VetteGuyZ06
lvl.3
Flight distance : 429114 ft
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-8-7 17:50
Thanks. That isn't my boat but that was my 08 Corvette...first year for the LS3 and that thing was a beast. Of course not as much as your LS7 lol. I sold mine last year. I drove a vette as a daily driver for 9 years so I went with a Pathfinder which I love, but I'm getting vette fever again. I've owned a C4, a C5, and the C6.

Have you had the heads done on your LS7 or any issues with that? Some were fine while others weren't. I'm leaning towards getting 2010 or 11 Grand Sport next.

I bought my Z in Nov 2012, used.  Took it to a performance shop near Dallas the next year and had new heads, a bigger cam, headers, CAI, and tuned.  It makes 525 rwhp.  Don't drive it too much anymore, it just sits in the garage, but lots of fun when I do.  I've had 10 over the years....I'm 62, started when I was 25.  I wanted to make my avatar my car, but the pic is too big and I don't know how to make it smaller.  
2017-8-7
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I think the Crystalsky battery bulges out the back, so you can't just place it in the stock holder.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules