Image stability and not able to take photos or videos
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Collielaw
New
Flight distance : 8504 ft

United Kingdom

Hi All

Since upgrading my firmware on my p3p, remote and app my image transmisson stability is horrendous, the picture itself keeps freezing, going pixelated and then it disappears leaving me with a black screen with DJI on it?  I have tried to reinstall the updates but still having no luck.  The drone itself flies perfectly, i have tries reconnecting the handset to the drone after the reset as well.  Any help would be much appreciated,

Many thanks

Tom
2017-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Maybe, but it will be OK on the SD card in the aircraft, and that is the copy you really want.
2017-7-30
Use props
Collielaw
New

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-30 01:41
Maybe, but it will be OK on the SD card in the aircraft, and that is the copy you really want.

it makes the noise for taking the photo but it doesnt actually take a photo or video and the sd card remains blank?
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go, what does it show for firmwares & App' being used ?

Also which display device are you using ?
2017-7-30
Use props
Collielaw
New

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-30 02:47
Have a look at 'About' in the 'General Settings' menu in DJI Go, what does it show for firmwares & App' being used ?

Also which display device are you using ?

Using on samsung galaxy s7 edge or samsung tab 10 which it has always worked perfectly on, the app version is 3.1.8, the version is 1.11.20 and the remote controller is on 1.9.2?
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Collielaw Posted at 2017-7-30 04:43
Using on samsung galaxy s7 edge or samsung tab 10 which it has always worked perfectly on, the app version is 3.1.8, the version is 1.11.20 and the remote controller is on 1.9.2?

You could try an RC reset and relink to aircraft, that may or may not help:-

* Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote if needed.

This can be done manually (without using DJI Go):-

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button (top left button) on the controller, then the controller will beep 'D-DD'.
*Let go all fingers, then press the wheel on the right side of the controller (It's a 'click wheel', similar to a mouse wheel) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon
2017-7-30
Use props
X-ACTO!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 837799 ft
United States

check general settings are all default fixes all my problems
2017-7-30
Use props
Collielaw
New

United Kingdom

I have tried reconnecting to my handset nd was successful in doing so with no improvement unfortunately, I am wondering if I may have damaged my camera cable somehow as it seems a similar issue when you need to replace the ribbon?
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you use the original SD card? If yes, please try to format the SD card and reset camera settings. Alternatively, change to another SD card may be helpful to verify.
2017-8-1
Use props
Collielaw
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 04:33
Do you use the original SD card? If yes, please try to format the SD card and reset camera settings. Alternatively, change to another SD card may be helpful to verify.

have tried 3 different sd cards all formatted in the drone before using to ensure they are working correctly and the drone is accessing them ok, have tried varying sizes up to 64gb? thankyou
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Collielaw Posted at 2017-8-6 02:25
have tried 3 different sd cards all formatted in the drone before using to ensure they are working correctly and the drone is accessing them ok, have tried varying sizes up to 64gb? thankyou

In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider to send it in for a fully check and repair. Please refer to the link below to contact the support to start a repair case.  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-9
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Collielaw Posted at 2017-7-30 04:43

Don't see the S7 Listed here.

I have had more trouble trying to use devices not listed as compatible, my S5 works OK but I use that as my primary phone. Opted for the DJI CrystalSky monitor, about the same price as a new IPad Mini 4, but much brighter, virtually no glare in bright sunlight, and totaly compatible with DJI quads, seamlessly interlaced software.
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules