Wobbling p4p
2237 20 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb29eb187
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
Finland

Why is my new p4p wobbling like crazy. I have tried to refresh firmware, calibrate IMU, VPS and compass many times. Also propellers have been changed. Sometimes the wobbling is better and only appears 2 seconds after yawing. I have also had flights when the hover is perfect. I'm confused.
2017-7-30
Use props
fansb29eb187
lvl.1
Finland

https://youtu.be/Pt9YaFJIneE
2017-7-30
Use props
fansb29eb187
lvl.1
Finland

[/url]
2017-7-30
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fans... I am assuming that you updated all of the software and firmware when you booted this thing up?  
If so, you are seeing the same problem many of us are seeing after the updates.  We are hoping that DJI is going to fix this problem soon.
2017-7-30
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

Brand new drone. First thing I did before first flight was to do the firmware update and calibration procedures. Problem appeared emedetially from first flight. I did cal. procedure again and again. I don´t know how this drone should behave with older firmware. I will send it in for warranty repair.
2017-7-30
Use props
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Tony Thylin Posted at 2017-7-30 11:06
Brand new drone. First thing I did before first flight was to do the firmware update and calibration procedures. Problem appeared emedetially from first flight. I did cal. procedure again and again. I don´t know how this drone should behave with older firmware. I will send it in for warranty repair.

It’s a firmware issue. Hopefully dji will be updating soon. No need to send it back.
2017-7-30
Use props
ImFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164081 ft
United States

Tony Thylin Posted at 2017-7-30 11:06

Don't expect your drone to come back. A lot of folks have sent theirs in, only to receive a refurbished unit and not always better than what they sent in to DJI. Many threads on this site and phantom forum that express this sentiment.
2017-7-30
Use props
Arwon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226404 ft
Australia

ImFly Posted at 2017-7-30 13:08
Don't expect your drone to come back. A lot of folks have sent theirs in, only to receive a refurbished unit and not always better than what they sent in to DJI. Many threads on this site and phantom forum that express this sentiment.

How does the averag guy or gal know if they get a refurbished drone back??
I'm having the same problem and was going in to our local DJI service provide here in Australia
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arwon Posted at 2017-7-30 13:30
I'm having the same problem and was going in to our local DJI service provide here in Australia

Check the serial number in the battery compartment.
2017-7-30
Use props
ImFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164081 ft
United States

Arwon Posted at 2017-7-30 13:30

What Aardvark said is true, but that would confirm that your drone you sent in is not the same one that comes back. I believe a new drone would have all the new stickers and wrapping and a refurb may not.
2017-7-30
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Folks, don't send your drone in for repairs.  This is a firmware issue.  Prior to the latest firmware update this was never an issue.  After the FW update, many of us are seeing this problem.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We don't suggest to fly above grass, the VPS will not work improperly and the flight performance will be affected.
How about flying in other surface? Please inform us the firmware version of the drone, thanks.
2017-7-30
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

Newest firmware is installed. (V 01.04.0602)
I've also got a Mavic Pro it's hovering stable as rock over grass.
2017-7-30
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

Tony Thylin Posted at 2017-7-30 22:06
Newest firmware is installed. (V 01.04.0602)
I've also got a Mavic Pro it's hovering stable as rock over grass.

Forget to mension that I have tried to disconnect downward sensors while its wobbling, no diffrence.
2017-7-30
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As pointed out, it's most likely firmware - a similar issue is impacting the P4's latest firmware release also. There's a beta firmware for the P4P being tested now by many. This may - or may not - resolve this. As it's their flagship Phantom, I doubt they'll sit on the beta for too long before releasing it if all tests OK.
2017-7-30
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

https://youtu.be/VTpYaBQ6scE

I'm will try to downgrade it after work today and see what happend.
2017-7-30
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=iHwwivFDEAQ
2017-7-31
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-7-31
Use props
Tony Thylin
lvl.1
Finland

2017-7-31
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-30 19:46
We don't suggest to fly above grass, the VPS will not work improperly and the flight performance will be affected.
How about flying in other surface? Please inform us the firmware version of the drone, thanks.

DJI Mindy,

You regularly post replies to DJI customers on this forum having difficulties and I very much appreciate your efforts on behalf of DJI and customers.

However, your suggestion to not fly Phantom 4 aircraft above grass is, to be kind, ridiculous. I respectfully must disagree. I have been flying DJI drones including Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro for 2.5 years and have flown hundreds of times over grass (short grass, tall grass, wheat fields, corn fields, marshy fields, over water lillies, etc.) sometimes only inches or feet above these fields for hundreds of feet and never had any instability issues. Unless there has been a recent change/bug introduced in VPS firmware that now makes flying over grass dangerous, then this post should be deleted or at least edited to include much more specific guidance.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-8-2 06:46
DJI Mindy,

You regularly post replies to DJI customers on this forum having difficulties and I very much appreciate your efforts on behalf of DJI and customers.

Ultrasonic sensors may be affected when operating above sound-absorbing materials like grass or carpet. Why not making a flight test over surface with clear patterns and textures to exclude the environment and  VPS system?
I don't mean to offense you, just need some troubleshooting.
Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules