Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video feedback
1180 13 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Im looking for some criticism my video. be brutally honest and please tell me how i can improve. keep in mind it was super windy up there and for some reason i can not figure out how to upload 1080p videos to youtube.
Update: apparently you can choose 1080p when you go in the video.

Thanks guys!

2017-7-30
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

please let me know your thoughts on this guys. i would like to know if the pros think its decent!
2017-7-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Great video... super steady tilt motion... congrats!...
2017-7-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Portugal

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-30 07:48
please let me know your thoughts on this guys. i would like to know if the pros think its decent!

More then decent!... I know some pros that can't do it like you did...
2017-7-30
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

lafoto Posted at 2017-7-30 12:12
More then decent!... I know some pros that can't do it like you did...

thank you so much, anything that i can do to possibly do better?
2017-7-30
Use props
$gambino$
First Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Nothing really to criticize... Nice video! Smooth panning nice yall rate...nice and slow good job
2017-7-30
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-30 12:37
Nothing really to criticize... Nice video! Smooth panning nice yall rate...nice and slow good job

thank you for your input!
2017-7-30
Use props
lafoto
Second Officer
Portugal

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-30 12:19
thank you so much, anything that i can do to possibly do better?

Yes!... Practice... ;)
I think that you are in the good path...
2017-7-30
Use props
Prosto
lvl.1
Russia

I'd recommend to not use any 'fancy' transitions other than a quick cut or a quick cross-disolve -- if you look at any professionally edited video, those would be used in 99.9% of cases. Also, the shot of the valley with the houses on the slopes looked a little too repetitive in the general edit. But in general, nicely done.
2017-7-30
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

Prosto Posted at 2017-7-30 23:27
I'd recommend to not use any 'fancy' transitions other than a quick cut or a quick cross-disolve -- if you look at any professionally edited video, those would be used in 99.9% of cases. Also, the shot of the valley with the houses on the slopes looked a little too repetitive in the general edit. But in general, nicely done.

thank you for your honesty, i will use your advice!
2017-7-31
Use props
kasei
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

nice shots.
id like to see more revealing shots (backwards/upwards, parallel shots etc), especially with that kind of terrain.
get close to a nice rock, tree, yourself or what ever and try to fly away from it revealing the surounding.
get close to some cliffs and fly sideways away to revelal ie the coastline.

flying forwards is cool, still smooth movement in the sky. to get the birds view or a nice transition shot. but the dramatic/interestings shots are the revealing shots, where your point of interest changes.

ps like Prosto said no fancy transitions, except you really know what your doing (actionswips, splitscreen, CGI)
HardCuts all the way mixed with fade to black or fade in. for longer steady shots ie landscape, i would fade in and out and shorter pans and shorter shots i would use hard cuts, just dont get the clips to short.
less than about 3 seconds and the brain cant keep up whats going on in the video.
2017-7-31
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

kasei Posted at 2017-7-31 02:57
nice shots.
id like to see more revealing shots (backwards/upwards, parallel shots etc), especially with that kind of terrain.
get close to a nice rock, tree, yourself or what ever and try to fly away from it revealing the surounding.

that sounds like great advice, i will use this when i try again this weekend and hopefully i can do better! thanks for being honest. i have never created anything like this before i have gotten the spark but after doing it and hearing feedback i want to elevate my skills and take Casey Neistat's advice which he states in the video below! i want to become a pro and i will. again thank you for helping me follow the right path to achieve this goal.

2017-7-31
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Canada

Did this one this weekend, hopefully better than the first.

any honest opinions?

2017-8-14
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I like it!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now