Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Calibrating vision sensor system
9379 24 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can someone please tell me if and how you can
Calibate the vision system if you're not having a pc or macbook.
Can you do it via dji go 4 app?
For example when you're in the field and don't have laptop
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't, it is a visual calibration using DJI Assistant 2, and needs a monitor screen to calibrate.

Edit:- Do you need to calibrate, if system isn't prompting you then you shouldn't need to bother, unless there's some erratic flight behaviour needs investigation.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok but say i am on holiday for a week , do not have laptop or pc with me and i got the message in yellow to calibrate vision system, can i still fly wit the phantom 4 pro?
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Without calibrating and do this when i am finally home again?
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi aardvark
On the dji website at product support aircraft faq , it mentionned that you still can do a quick vision calibration via dji go app. Is this old info and is that tool definately gone in dji go app?
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-30 07:44
Ok but say i am on holiday for a week , do not have laptop or pc with me and i got the message in yellow to calibrate vision system, can i still fly wit the phantom 4 pro?

Does the message appear regularly, or just on start-up where system may not have had time to settle down ?

If you're well into a flight and it's prompting you then it would be best to do it.

No hobby shops round about that might let you calibrate on their PC ?

2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

But is it normal that after many flights , this message just popped up out of the blue? Had this never before
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

It pops up when i starting up the drone. I have not yet try to take off as i am not sure if it will crash, therefore i first investigate via the forum. Its a pity that you cannot do calibration on ipad inspite it is mentionned on dji web
2017-7-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-30 08:52
Hi aardvark
On the dji website at product support aircraft faq , it mentionned that you still can do a quick vision calibration via dji go app. Is this old info and is that tool definately gone in dji go app?

"11. How do I calibrate the Phantom 4 Pro's Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems?

The Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems can be calibrated with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO. If there is an error with the Forward, Backward, or Downward Vision System, a prompt stating that auto calibration for the Vision System is required will pop up in the DJI GO app. Follow the instructions in the DJI GO app to calibrate. For the best results, we recommend calibrating the Forward, Backward, and Downward Vision Systems with DJI Assistant 2. If you don’t have a computer at hand, calibrate them with DJI GO."

This one :-)

Page 28 of P4Pro manual:-

In DJI Go 4,Tap 'Aircraft Status' then 'Calibrate Vision Sensors' to start quick calibration.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yes, have to check on the app later if its still there
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Or if dji took it out
2017-7-30
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-30 09:16
But is it normal that after many flights , this message just popped up out of the blue? Had this never before

I have read -don't remember where- that  sensors may need to be calibrated after hard landings and vibrations have slighly changed the position of the sensors...
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Strange i didnot have hard landing. But i was flying in sportsmode before with hard wind , maybe i put the sticks too much to the middle for ac to hoover and that could be the vibrations. Just a guess
2017-7-30
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-30 11:10
Strange i didnot have hard landing. But i was flying in sportsmode before with hard wind , maybe i put the sticks too much to the middle for ac to hoover and that could be the vibrations. Just a guess

Anyway i checked on the dji 4 app ,but i cannot find any button, like mentionned in manual page 28
so that  you can calibrate vision system besides assistant 2.

Dji must have forgotten to include this in their recent firmwares.

WHY?????????
Its handy if you are in the field or away from wifi.

dji can you please add this in your app again?
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the quick calibration option will pop up when the issue appeared. But no matter whether the calibration is successful or not, we recommend to do a full calibration on PC as well.
Quick Calibration.png
2017-7-31
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is an old post from myself .
I had message to callibrate vision sensors . As its not always possible to have pc and laptop nearby, according to last answer from dji susan (aswell mentionned in the manual page 28) you can do quick callibration, after popup appears. Guess what. No popup appeared. So my questions are : how to do quick calibration? Or is this option gone and manual out of date? Can you keep on flying the drone a few days if no pc or laptop is available without callibrating the vision sensors ?
2017-10-25
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-31 01:36
Generally, the quick calibration option will pop up when the issue appeared. But no matter whether the calibration is successful or not, we recommend to do a full calibration on PC as well.

Hi
My P4A + has just started to say that I need to calibrate the vision sensors?
No hard landings, always catch it by hand.

So, I tried the manually calibrating via the app on the Plus screen using the remote - fails.

Then tried connecting it to my iMac, latest OS and DJI app(DJI Assit 2), tried a few times now, but no blue boxes to follow?
Just a large white screen, is this a known issue and what is the solution please ?

Also why should this suddenly occur as sensors are clean?

Thanks

2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-11 01:53
Hi
My P4A + has just started to say that I need to calibrate the vision sensors?
No hard landings, always catch it by hand.

Hi KEJ, have you tried to adjust the screen resolution? The resolution might be different for various PCs, you may choose the default to check. Alternatively, you may also try to unplug the cable or change to another PC to see whether it helps.
2018-8-14
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-14 00:48
Hi KEJ, have you tried to adjust the screen resolution? The resolution might be different for various PCs, you may choose the default to check. Alternatively, you may also try to unplug the cable or change to another PC to see whether it helps.

Susan thanks for replying.

1. I did try dropping the resolution on my iMac, still did not work.

2. Then I removed existing version Assist.

Reinstalled and also installed HoRNDIS(not installed initially as don't use Android).

Still did not work.

DJI any ideas please ?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-14 05:52
Susan thanks for replying.

1. I did try dropping the resolution on my iMac, still did not work.

Sorry about this. Is there any chance change to another PC to verify? If not, you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.
2018-8-15
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 05:21
Sorry about this. Is there any chance change to another PC to verify? If not, you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis.

Old Sony laptop found (Windows 7) installed Assistant 2  - few warning messages later(don't you just love windows).

Calibrated the sensors on the drone job done & the error message has gone away.

I would be interested to know how many Apple users there are VS Microsoft ?
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEJ Posted at 2018-8-16 06:50
Old Sony laptop found (Windows 7) installed Assistant 2  - few warning messages later(don't you just love windows).

Calibrated the sensors on the drone job done & the error message has gone away.

Nice to see the error messages have gone away. Our engineers are keeping optimizing the experience and compatibility. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-8-19
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-19 03:18
Nice to see the error messages have gone away. Our engineers are keeping optimizing the experience and compatibility. Appreciate your support and understanding.

Thank you.
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-8-21
Use props
Jaco Cloete
lvl.1

South Africa

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-30 07:49
Without calibrating and do this when i am finally home again?

Hi All

I did step by step and now my vision sensors are work the wrong way around . If you put your and in front of them they so green , if you take it a way it shows that tier are a obstruction . How can i repair this
2020-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules