my spark is falling from sky into water.
12Next >
4508 42 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15640 ft
South Korea

i lost my spark at 20170729.

i updated last version. RC controller and spark and battery.

my last flight battery was 100%.

fly and recoding video something on water (distance around 110M and height 14M) when battery is 55%, my RC Controller is lost signal (Red LED) and i can`t controll my spark

and RTH is not working.

i find my flight record, in last, distance 110m, height 14m and just end.

i lost spark.

i think this problem is lastest update.

because i flight same location in 7 days ago, it was good working and i use sports mode (distance 500m, height 100m)
2017-7-31
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

can post your flight records? can extract from ur phone
2017-7-31
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

Ok i will attach
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for your loss, could you please sync your flight records, then provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred? I'd like to check what happened?
2017-7-31
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 18:36
Sorry for your loss, could you please sync your flight records, then provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred? I'd like to check what happened?

i updated my flight log.
and my dji account is pmlp@naver.com
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-7-31 20:52
i updated my flight log.
and my dji account is

Thanks, I've forwarded to our engineers to analyze it. Besides, have you contacted the Support to open a case? If not, please refer to the link below to contact them.  Provide me with your case number once you've got it from the Support. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-1
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-1 01:36
Thanks, I've forwarded to our engineers to analyze it. Besides, have you contacted the Support to open a case? If not, please refer to the link below to contact them.  Provide me with your case number once you've got it from the Support. http://www.dji.com/support

my case is #659846.

i wish to get new one.

2017-8-1
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-1 01:36

excuse me.

I want to know what's going on now.

I need Spark as soon as possible...

i want go trip with spark within 7days....
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-3 01:26
excuse me.

I want to know what's going on now.

It is under process now, will have someone contact you once it is finished.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans72e8b49d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck with opening a case with support. I lost my spark on July 4 due to aircraft power shut off...not a word from DJI about my case as of yet. Cas-764947-F6SOD7
2017-8-3
Use props
sergio.flor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798301 ft
Spain

I had a similar issue the last tuesday, luckily my drone fell from 4 meters and wasn't damaged. I bought dji because appeared a trusted brand and mainly that in the event of a crash (due to software/hardware error) the warranty would be quick and I read that the people is waiting 1 month or more and without news.
My previous drone was a Parrot (bebop), this model had quite a few crash cases but the warranty is quick and if the issue is due to software issue the unit is replaced quickly.
2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

i bet you did't read forum that much right ? I wish you all the best but " Spark + into water."  sounds like DJI  will not accept that  , you can't even expect a replay in that 7 days you was talking about.
We all would like to see the flight log, can you attach that here ?
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

This is my Flight log

DJIFlightRecord_2017-07-29_[14-18-10].txt.Comprehensive.preview.zip

10.2 KB, Down times: 15

Flight Log

2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans72e8b49d Posted at 2017-8-3 02:02
Good luck with opening a case with support. I lost my spark on July 4 due to aircraft power shut off...not a word from DJI about my case as of yet. Cas-764947-F6SOD7

Sorry for the delay, just checked your case,  it is under process now, I've escalated it, will have someone contact you soon.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

i receive answer.
Dji offer 30% coupon.
this is my fault???
2017-8-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-3 03:09
i receive answer.
Dji offer 30% coupon.
this is my fault???

At least gopro did the right thing recalling the karma when they started dropping from the sky. Dji on the other hand, will never admit that the spark issue is there fault and offering a 30% off coupon in stead of a full replacement, in my opinion is a slap in the face... I'm glad i sold both my sparks,i took a little loss but not like the ones with issues.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-8-3 03:26
At least gopro did the right thing recalling the karma when they started dropping from the sky. Dji on the other hand, will never admit that the spark issue is there fault and offering a 30% off coupon in stead of a full replacement, in my opinion is a slap in the face... I'm glad i sold both my sparks,i took a little loss but not like the ones with issues.

i'm perfectly agree.
i'm very disappoint about dji's attitude.
2017-8-3
Use props
Angcharlie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7257 ft
Indonesia

Same here for my last flight and fall from sky

Now im very scared to fly

DJI PLEASE fix that BUG soon !!! Open your eyes and see there are so many same problem after upgrade the firmware

Or i think i want to sold this spark !!
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

Angcharlie Posted at 2017-8-3 03:56

did you get something from dji cause fall from sky?
2017-8-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Angcharlie Posted at 2017-8-3 03:56

The problems continue because its NOT a bug, its hardware related,  and there's no way to fix hardware issues unless its sent in for repair, i think dji had a bad batch of batteries and are just waiting for the last spark with the defective batteries to crash and then they will say, problem solved.
2017-8-3
Use props
Angcharlie
lvl.1
Indonesia

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-3 03:57
did you get something from dji cause fall from sky?

Here my thread

http://forum.dji.com/thread-107203-1-1.html

Why company like dji act like this feel nothing happend

Please DJI if this really the firmware update please fix that or recalling all the spark that you sold in all of country
2017-8-3
Use props
Angcharlie
lvl.1
Indonesia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-8-3 04:06
The problems continue because its NOT a bug, its hardware related,  and there's no way to fix hardware issues unless its sent in for repair, i think dji had a bad batch of batteries and are just waiting for the last spark with the defective batteries to crash and then they will say, problem solved.

Before my spark fall from sky in dji go apps tell me that "max motor speed reached" after that i press RTH and the spark just hovering and i can't cancel RTH and lose of controll

If there here face with the same problem ?
2017-8-3
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

Downward vision positioning systems and water don't mix... Just saying.... That will contribute to the sudden loss of power. It not only affects spark, but mavic, phantom and Inspire as well...

The sensor cannot accurately gauge it's height and will assume it is at an altitude, whether it is the correct altitude or not, and try to compensate for the indifference.
2017-8-3
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Oh ... I never have issue. I have 3 Sparks and all of them fly normally with latest firmware.
2017-8-3
Use props
TonUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JoeCec Posted at 2017-8-3 04:10
Downward vision positioning systems and water don't mix... Just saying.... That will contribute to the sudden loss of power. It not only affects spark, but mavic, phantom and Inspire as well...

The sensor cannot accurately gauge it's height and will assume it is at an altitude, whether it is the correct altitude or not, and try to compensate for the indifference.

Isn't it possible to switch off the downward vision system if that is what's causing the problem when flying over the water?
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-3 04:17
Oh ... I never have issue. I have 3 Sparks and all of them fly normally with latest firmware.

Now you`re spark is normal. but anytime they can fall
2017-8-3
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonUK Posted at 2017-8-3 04:38
Isn't it possible to switch off the downward vision system if that is what's causing the problem when flying over the water?

I know for the Mavic it is possible because I do it every time I fly over the river, but for the Spark I am not sure. I'll have to check.
2017-8-3
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-3 04:40
Now you`re spark is normal. but anytime they can fall

Is this happening more with Sparks connected to the phone and app or the RC controller?
2017-8-3
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JoeCec Posted at 2017-8-3 05:29
Is this happening more with Sparks connected to the phone and app or the RC controller?

I've been using the remote+phone.  Most of my operations is with OTG cable.  When using wifi, my disconnects are frequent (nearly every flight), but the drone has never powered down and fallen from sky.

I have had disconnects occur one time while using OTG, and that was when it was very hot.  I was able to land safely.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans72e8b49d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-3 03:04
Sorry for the delay, just checked your case,  it is under process now, I've escalated it, will have someone contact you soon.

Thank you
2017-8-3
Use props
Angcharlie
lvl.1
Indonesia

So where is the problem for this case ??
2017-8-4
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

So as far as i have figurerd out, when the Spark falls down because of the horrible powerloss in most cases DJI offers 30% off when you can´t recover the Spark to send it in for diagnosis. This is mostly when the Spark falls down in a lake.
So you just have to protect it from sinking, to recover the Spark on the lake.
So here is my quick and dirty solution for flying over water in the meantime until DJI finally fixes the "Drop down issue"
Floatyspark.jpg
2017-8-4
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-4 03:30
So as far as i have figurerd out, when the Spark falls down because of the horrible powerloss in most cases DJI offers 30% off when you can´t recover the Spark to send it in for diagnosis. This is mostly when the Spark falls down in a lake.
So here is my quick and dirty solution for flying over water in the meantime until DJI finally fixes the "Drop down issue"

Lmao. This looks soo funny but i'm not judging. If it works then good for you! Any issues with flying with that ghetto mod of yours?
2017-8-4
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-4 04:01
Lmao. This looks soo funny  but i'm not judging. If it works then good for you! Any issues with flying with that ghetto mod of yours?

I tested these things with no drone on the water, just put some 500g weight on them to see if it is not sinking. Should work, i hope.
There was also a testflight with this bumpers on, as shown in the picture. There was no considerable affects in flight performance, but i have to admit i would not suggest to fly in high winds with those bumpers. Even in sportmode it handled well, but no recommendation to fly in this mode.
Yeah i know it looks ridiculous but i hope to make my shots while Standup paddling, that was the main reason i got the spark ;-)
2017-8-4
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

you know with such an extra area it can be flipped by the gust of a wind , just saying
And the rubber bands will brake at impact... ;]
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

you definitely not trying to lose props to you
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

what is your flight time with all of that attached?
2017-8-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, that's clever.  Shall we name it?  Princes Leia!  
2017-8-4
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-4 13:21
OK, that's clever.  Shall we name it?  Princes Leia!

Now i know on what i was rememberd doing this mod.
Not looked at the fllightime as i will not fly over water for long. Just let it start from the paddleboard to get a nice shot and land immediatly. But i haven´t managed it yet to do
2017-8-7
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Let's call it the Spark Aqua Flotation Equipment...  SAFE!
2017-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules