Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Clear Cover over camera BROKE . .
1853 15 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

I thought I remember seeing a thread on here somewhere about this (could not find it) . . . and sure enough . . snapped off clear as can be !!!
The material is veryyyyy thin at this point and after a close look . . I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Has any one else had theirs snapped off as well . . ?????
2017-7-31
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Yes, my cover broke as well.  It was initially just one of the two tabs that inserts into the UAV, so it remained in place for the most part.  I replaced it when the second one broke.  I now have two backups since this will likely happen again.
2017-7-31
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

When I got my Mavic back after repair, DJI fitted a new gymbal cover because of the old was was broken. It was in good condition when I sended it in, must be broken during transport. More people complain about easily breaking of the tabs of the gymbal cover.
2017-8-1
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Speaking of Lens Covers, do you fly with it attached? I remove it prior to flying.

I Have seen many videos where it causes a lot of glare and can also cause overheating due to there being no airflow into the front vents located behind the camera.

Other videos say the front vents are for exhaust of the fan which keeps the Lens bubble from fogging? Any input?

Found this (maybe a good option for a glare/rainbow reduction & spare bubble)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ND4-8-Le ... T2jz9k4K3QFs3RLFiRw
2017-8-1
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

If one of the tabs broke off and you still have it, you should be able to glue it back on with Superglue or Crazy Glue.
2017-8-1
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491158 ft
Germany

Mine broke, too. Bought another on Ebay. This one is still working. This little "nose" was to small, to fix it with glue.
2017-8-1
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Mine not only had a broken tab, is has also a huge crack, but DJI Repair gave me a new one so I have nothing to complain. I allways remove gimbal cover before flight...
2017-8-1
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.3
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-1 01:12
Speaking of Lens Covers, do you fly with it attached? I remove it prior to flying.

I Have seen many videos where it causes a lot of glare and can also cause overheating due to there being no airflow into the front vents located behind the camera.

I wouild not suggest leaving the CLEAR COVER ON when flying !!!!    The Mavic is designed to have an air flow through the drone using an opening just behind the gimbal which the internal fan draws air in from . . and expelling warm air out the back . . you close off the front and your inviting over heating.

Just an FYI . . . haved seen many videos warning of this . .
2017-8-1
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

Just to clarify re Gimbal cover - directly from DJI:
https://store.dji.com/guides/10- ... ic-pro-pilots-make/
Point 3.
Let’s go over some Mavic terminology. A DJI Mavic has 2 pieces of plastic protecting its gimbal. One is called the Gimbal Cover. This is the astronaut helmet bubble that protects your gimbal and camera lens from being damaged. The other is the Gimbal Clamp, which locks the gimbal in place and keeps it from moving around during transport.
Leaving the Gimbal Cover on during flight isn’t necessarily a mistake, depending on what you want to do. Leaving the cover on during flight will make sure your Mavic’s gimbal camera is protected from the elements, such as dust or water. It will give you an extra level of protection if you’re concerned about something hitting it. So if you just plan on exploring your area or zooming around (safely) in Sport mode, you can leave it on. It won’t affect gimbal or flight performance.
But, if you want the best image quality, possible, it’s a good idea to remove the cover. For example, leaving the Gimbal Cover on makes it more likely that you’ll get lens flare, and your shots may not look clean if the cover is dirty.
So there’s a trade-off: leave the cover on for extra protection, or take it off for the best image quality possible.
2017-8-1
Use props
eyeloveteeth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

i thought you shouldn't leave that on simply b/c it wouldn't be able to cycle enough heat?
2017-8-1
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
  • >>>
Jersey

Same as many ppl - but I think that DJI gave us the final answer.
2017-8-1
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

gkordowski Posted at 2017-8-1 06:36
Same as many ppl - but I think that DJI gave us the final answer.

The Mavic runs much hotter than the Phantom series due to its compact design, very important to have proper airflow thru the body.Personally I won't take the chance of overheating the thing. Just got the Mavic a few weeks ago so not terribly experienced, just makes sense to me.

On the other habd I've been flying P3P's for years now. I am one of the lucky ones and have an authorized DJI service facility within an hours drive, every year I bring my quads to them for inspection, cleaning & diagnostic, $89.99 USD, if any repairs are needed and you have them perform the work the diagnostic fee is free. (How can you go wrong, like having the oil changed in your car! )
2017-8-1
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
  • >>>
Jersey

I always remove the cover - but not because of heating - just because pictures/videos are not as good as without the cover.
I think that if there would be any problem with overheating - you would hear it from DJI in the first place - Mavic gets quite hot with and without the cover.
2017-8-2
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Mine didn't break, but I already brought one of these, it is a gimbal lock and cover in one, so only one bit of plastic instead of two, and its stronger than the original : http://amzn.to/2wkZscE
2017-8-2
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

The gimbal cover will not cause your Mavic to overheat. One tool bag made one video with very flawed test procedures and now everyone spouts this garbage. The amount of air flow through those fans is not impeded by the cover.
2017-8-2
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

My lid broke on the first day. When I first tried to remove it ...
Here I ordered a dozen of them
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... 99999999.298.Vghqi6
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules