Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Permissions required
970 4 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HeyzoSk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 318 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

Can some one exlain why the app needs  permission to make Phone calls, Take Pictures, Record Audio, add/remove accounts, change network settings, close other apps, none of these are required to make the app work.

Can these permissions be removed from the app

Regards

Pete

2017-7-31
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Taking pictures and recording audio are pretty much what it does.  Making phone calls??? no. :-)
2017-7-31
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the permissions are set like this because gives widest breath of compatibility.  older mobile OSes had odd requirements to do certain things..   
2017-7-31
Use props
djiuser_1W5PQqhtQg5Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289 ft
United States

I got the part about permission to take pictures, videos, etc., … however … according to the warning on my Android tablet, the this app  can also do things way beyond just take pics, videos. Specifically, Android says it has permissions to:

- draw over other apps
  - modify system settings
  - find accounts on the device
  - record audio
  - directly call phone numbers
  - read phone status
  - identify, reroute out going calls'
2018-10-30
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

Just my 2 cents, but If i am flying using my phone I don't want an incoming call to disrupt anything or possibly cause something bad to happen.
I know I can get around that by disabling, or going into airplane mode - something I rarely remember to do...
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules