Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Spark Flyaway
12Next >
5625 51 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arrgee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5515 ft
Germany

Hello, I have exactly the same Problem that was showed by ciesnik.

I lost my Spark 1 day ago, the date was 30.07.2017 8.00 pm. Location was East Germany near to Chemnitz.
Firmware was updated to the latest version. Compass was calibrated.
1. I started the Spark, waited until it got a strong GPS signal, then took off manually and slowly with RC to have it record the Home Point safely.
2. After about 1 Minute I started a the QuickShot Funktion and flew the first Quickshot, after the End of the Quickshot the spark returned to the starting point and I started another Quickshot
3. After 2 minutes and 20 seconds the spark detected a magnetic field interference. Exit P-GPS Mode also it showed that it happend to go in a no flight zone, which isn't possible. (Screenshot App)
4. After that the spark flew away and I couldn't do anything.

I'm really angry right now, because there's 600 € flying away.

Screenshot_20170731-160648.png
2017-7-31
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There it is again! The NFZ error popped before the magnetic field error, am I right? I still believe that this could be a bug triggering the fly away. DJI please take this issue more serious.
And so very sorry for your loss!
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you post your flight log , just click on link below and follow instructions, come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

That warning tells you that you are flying past a NFZ not in NFZ.
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rawsome Posted at 2017-7-31 13:00
There it is again! The NFZ error popped before the magnetic field error, am I right? I still believe that this could be a bug triggering the fly away. DJI please take this issue more serious.
And so very sorry for your loss!

I get same warning on my Mavic and on my P4Pro none of them flying away, NFZ is not the problem.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had the same last week
I reported it to dji and have sent dji diana the logs . Havent heard anything yet . Here is the picture. Also no no flyzone en no interferences and i did compass callibration prior flight.I think this is the bug and dji engineers should straight away look into it .
IMG_1630.PNG
2017-7-31
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will ground the spark untill further notice.i dont want to hurt anyone or cause damage . So waiting what dji has got to say
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:18
Had the same last week
I reported it to dji and have sent dji diana the logs . Havent heard anything yet . Here is the picture. Also no no flyzone en no interferences and i did compass callibration prior flight.I think this is the bug and dji engineers should straight away look into it .

Most of these problems start with the same opening line

I did compass calibration before flying , maybe there's a clue right there.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think it has something to do with the nfz and gps.After the error i repeated the compass calibration and since no problems. But still as i see now so many people having the same issue , i will ground it and wait until an update
2017-7-31
Use props
ZukySpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

Are you on the lateste version of firmware? I had some error like the ones you post. But since i updated the firmware i get no errors...
2017-7-31
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

I'm sorry your Spark has been lost.

I'm always far from electromagnetic interference ...

I hope it solves everything ...

Did not you succeed with the option find my drone?
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:43
I think it has something to do with the nfz and gps.After the error i repeated the compass calibration and since no problems. But still as i see now so many people having the same issue , i will ground it and wait until an update

How does that explain those who don't get NFZ warning.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Its only a guess, just lets wait and see what dji is going to do and hopefully solve it , whatever it is
2017-7-31
Use props
dojoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:31

Yeah why do compass calibration for no reason? I never do compass calibration unless I get notice in the app to calibrate. So far no fly away, knock on wood.
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dojoman Posted at 2017-7-31 14:07
Yeah why do compass calibration for no reason? I never do compass calibration unless I get notice in the app to calibrate. So far no fly away, knock on wood.

There are 5 cases here the one thing they all have in common, they all calibrated compass before they flew. Makes you think.
2017-7-31
Use props
fans61699a75
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

But shouldnt u do a imu and compass calibration after a firmware update?
2017-7-31
Use props
fansab7d98f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7753 ft
United States

Look at my YouTube vide  ( DJI spark and DJI Care Refresh ) I had just calibrated my spark before it took off for parts unknown
2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-31 14:35
But shouldnt u do a imu and compass calibration after a firmware update?

No you don't need to calibrate anything unless you are prompted to, its in your manual. Many put there spark on the ground get a warning to move aircraft or calibrate, in this situation you should always move your aircraft to another location and start takeoff procedure again. Worst thing you can do is calibrate at the point where your app is telling you to move away from.

2017-7-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansab7d98f9 Posted at 2017-7-31 14:42
Look at my YouTube vide  ( DJI spark and DJI Care Refresh ) I had just calibrated my spark before it took off for parts unknown

Maybe you should put a link up.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:18
Had the same last week

I've replied your post, please check it,  if you have further questions, please click on 'Reply', so I can get a reminder, will be able to reply you in time.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sorry for your loss, please sync your flight records, then send an email with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.eu@dji.com, the support will create a case for you. Please provide me your case number after you got it, I'll keep an eye on it.
2017-7-31
Use props
Jazzflask
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110446 ft
United States

Just had confirmation from DJI they will replace my drone under warranty for flying away after a compass error..... Took 3 weeks to get that result. Nonetheless, it was the result I was hoping for because I was adamant I had not done wrong to lose my drone.
2017-8-1
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 23:52
Sorry for your loss, please sync your flight records, then send an email with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to , the support will create a case for you. Please provide me your case number after you got it, I'll keep an eye on it.

Hi DJI Diana,

I'm curious if DJI is going to replace his Spark even though he doesn't have it anymore? Otherwise why are you asking for his logs? My understanding is that DJI will never replace a product if the customer doesn't have the original.

2017-8-1
Use props
Arrgee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5515 ft
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-7-31 23:52
Sorry for your loss, please sync your flight records, then send an email with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to , the support will create a case for you. Please provide me your case number after you got it, I'll keep an eye on it.

Dear DJI Diana,

Thank you for your Support,

I had contact the DJI Support via my DJI account email and provided you my case number via personal massage.

Best regards
2017-8-1
Use props
Phuong Do
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:16
I get same warning on my Mavic and on my P4Pro none of them flying away, NFZ is not the problem.

So you manually piloted them back? Any note or experience you can share in that situation?Thanks
2017-8-1
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do not calibrate the compass every time you fly, you are just begging for problems.  The calibration of the compass is only needed when there is a major change in magnetic declination.  This really only happens when you travel long distances.  

2017-8-1
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:43

After doing a compass calibration you had no further issues - but you believe the problem is with the GPS and NFZ - not the compass calibration?
2017-8-1
Use props
fansbec9a66b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52215 ft
Canada

Jazzflask Posted at 2017-8-1 00:01
Just had confirmation from DJI they will replace my drone under warranty for flying away after a compass error..... Took 3 weeks to get that result. Nonetheless, it was the result I was hoping for because I was adamant I had not done wrong to lose my drone.

They haven't responded to me yet on my Spark Fly away. I hope I get mine replaced as well. Every time I fly my Mavic - which was just replaced due to another fly away, it always goes into atti mode a few minutes into the flight. Everything has been updated, I've tried many different locations, but always get the same results. So for now I have just stopped flying. What is going on DJI
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-1 05:50
So you manually piloted them back? Any note or experience you can share in that situation?Thanks

If you look at the message it tells you that RTH will fly pass an NFZ not into or through NFZ , it's a warning to be careful.
And for me it's a bogus warning and a glitch with dji software.
2017-8-1
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57159 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:31

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Drone lost.

Calibrated compass in the morning and flew perfectly fine in the same area over 8 times throughout the day. Flights were in a 10 acre empty field. Last flight it went full Skynet and flew away.

14 Sats, Home Point updated @ 3.3 seconds. Compass error with 15 Sats @ 12.7 seconds into flight. Complete loss of control and it rapidly flew away. It then hovered over a forest about 100m away and then the app declared disconnect from aircraft so I couldnt hit RTH. We could see it but it then drifted out of sight. The flight playback on the app showed its last position over the forest so I figured it would just hover land there when fuel was burnt out. We searched the whole area and flew another drone to inspect tree tops. Nothing.

Then I uploaded the log to phantomhelp.com and there was a lot of extra data in there showing it just took off from there. Ascended to 355ft and cruised at 15MPH in one direction. Last data point shows it in ATTI mode, 355ft, 15.5MPH, 18 Sats, 76% Batt, Compass error.

I've calculated where it could be but not likely to find it. I'll update if I do.

I have a case with DJI, waiting for their assessment.

2017-8-1
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:16
That warning tells you that you are flying past a NFZ not in NFZ.

What would be the point of warning about something that doesn't require a warning?  
2017-8-1
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-31 13:15
Can you post your flight log , just click on link below and follow instructions, come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/U6F9QZOUPI9YPP8LAEWD/

Interesting to see the log this way.
First of this I made a huge mistake and i know this now - to continue to fly after the warning, reading this forum made me understand to bring her back and land immediately, this wont happen again.
Second everything is up to date - spark, remote and all batteries on the latest FW.
Previous to this flight (few hours earlier) i received an IMU error and re calibrated.
I can see she is getting a yaw error right as i fly over the barn, are those two things related?
Thank you for your help and insight.
2017-8-1
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

This is the log from 2 flights before
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Q881M1GNLJ2RLQ1D6GP5/

I had a pleasant flight after this one with no issues, when i started her up again i got the IMU error and calibrated it. Didn't fly for the rest of the morning as i didn't want to take a chance over water.
The log posted before was after the calibration,later that afternoon.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

CheckYourSix Posted at 2017-8-1 00:02
Hi DJI Diana,

I'm curious if DJI is going to replace his Spark even though he doesn't have it anymore? Otherwise why are you asking for his logs? My understanding is that DJI will never replace a product if the customer doesn't have the original.

We'll submit a data analysis for this drone accident, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period, even though the drone is gone.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Arrgee Posted at 2017-8-1 05:36
Dear DJI Diana,

Thank you for your Support,

Got your message, it is a ticket number, they'll reply your email soon, then they will create a case and submit a data analysis for you.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Belchski Posted at 2017-8-1 08:40
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Drone lost.

Calibrated compass in the morning and flew perfectly fine in the same area over 8 times throughout the day. Flights were in a 10 acre empty field. Last flight it went full Skynet and flew away.

Sorry for your loss, could you please provide me with your case number? I'd like to look into it and do my best to escalate it.
2017-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

In the first log where you got interference yaw error, you seem to be flying over some industrial building , or maybe it was your house or power cables ,would that have been the source of your interference?

Regards the warning, I suppose it's a bit like driving your car you usually see road sign warnings before you hit the trouble. But my warning is way off, so I think it's a bit like wind warnings to sensitive.
2017-8-2
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-2 00:50
In the first log where you got interference yaw error, you seem to be flying over some industrial building , or maybe it was your house or power cables ,would that have been the source of your interference?

Regards the warning, I suppose it's a bit like driving your car you usually see road sign warnings before you hit the trouble. But my warning is way off, so I think it's a bit like wind warnings to sensitive.

interesting. Its a small barn but it has a metal roof, would that be enough to cause interference?
2017-8-2
Use props
Rawsome
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-2 06:34
Yes it may well have caused your issues, because as soon as you got by it everything seemed back to normal.

Thanks, will keep this in mind and try to avoid larger structures in the future
2017-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rawsome Posted at 2017-8-2 06:28
interesting. Its a small barn but it has a metal roof, would that be enough to cause interference?

Yes it may well have caused your issues, because as soon as you got by it everything seemed back to normal.
2017-8-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules