Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another Spark Flyaway
5626 51 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monochrome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

Spark seems to be VERY sensitive to metal structures. I tried to take off about 20m from quite a big garage made out of metal and immediately got compass error. When I moved a bit further away from it everything was fine.
Edit: words
2017-8-2
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44472 ft
United States

I had the same issue last week.
IMG_1127.PNG
2017-8-2
Use props
duncanmcknz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4173 ft
United Kingdom

The same thing happened to me this evening. Was flying in the same place that I have done several times, just finished taking a panoramic photo directly above my head, and then suddenly flew off in 1 direction without any sticks being touched. Only had my spark for a few days!

Have no idea how far it could have gone or how to find it. Uploaded flight logs to DJI cloud, DJI Diana please help!!
2017-8-3
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57159 ft
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-2 00:09
Sorry for your loss, could you please provide me with your case number? I'd like to look into it and do my best to escalate it.

H Diana. CAS-848821-N5J8B3

Thanks.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

duncanmcknz Posted at 2017-8-3 13:58
The same thing happened to me this evening. Was flying in the same place that I have done several times, just finished taking a panoramic photo directly above my head, and then suddenly flew off in 1 direction without any sticks being touched. Only had my spark for a few days!

Have no idea how far it could have gone or how to find it. Uploaded flight logs to DJI cloud, DJI Diana please help!!

Sorry for your loss, please send an email with your DJI account email and the date this occurred to support.nl@dji.com, the Support will create a case for you.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Belchski Posted at 2017-8-3 21:06
H Diana. CAS-848821-N5J8B3

Thanks.

I've submitted a data analysis for this case, will have someone contact you once it is finished. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-4
Use props
Jive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190082 ft
United States

I'm closely watching the Spark flyaways, as I just purchased one a couple days ago.  One thing I will say, is that people calibrating their compass before every flight are just asking for trouble.  I have a Phantom 3 that I bought in December of last year, and as of today, I have 85 flights on it.  You know how many times I have calibrated the compass?  Twice, and that was during the initial setup.
2017-8-4
Use props
Belchski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57159 ft
Canada

Jive Posted at 2017-8-4 12:15
I'm closely watching the Spark flyaways, as I just purchased one a couple days ago.  One thing I will say, is that people calibrating their compass before every flight are just asking for trouble.  I have a Phantom 3 that I bought in December of last year, and as of today, I have 85 flights on it.  You know how many times I have calibrated the compass?  Twice, and that was during the initial setup.

In my case I updated the firmware of the Spark and the RC and the app requested I calibrate. All my flights (14 that day) were fine.

Except the last one lol.
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_EX5I2K3
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, i have had 3 fly aways leading to a crash. Everything has been fine then all off a sudden my spark flys off uncontrollably and crashes. I have calibrated the compass at the location and there are no metal objects anywhere. I dont know what to do. I feel at this stage that i have wasted my money
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_EX5I2K3
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, i have had 3 fly aways leading to a crash. Everything has been fine then all off a sudden my spark flys off uncontrollably and crashes. I have calibrated the compass at the location and there are no metal objects anywhere. I dont know what to do. I feel at this stage that i have wasted my money
2017-8-4
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I think i know what is going on. I saw identical flyaway on FB.

First - reaching heigh limit
Second - Compas Error
Third - NFZ error
Fourht - ATTI mode forced

When a drone is hitting heigh limit something is crashing in f/w or app. Maybe not always, but it may be a trigger.
Another issue because of stupid NFZ idea.

In fact it was not fly away. Copter just switched to the ATTI and drifted by the wind.
Switching to ATTI may happen in due to compas interferences, lack of GPS or a bug. Its a daily situation, nothing extraordinary what could happen.

Bug is a theory, but also compas could be calibrated in magnetic field, and after flyig of magnetic field a compass may be just badly calibrated then may be turned off, what will result as switch to atti.

Another thing - stupid CE range limitation. Its really dangerous. People have no time to react after loosing GPS to take control over situation and return in atti.

DJI - you may try to replicate that issue. Everyone can make a test.
Set limit to safe altitude, for example 8 meters then hit it few times and try to trigger switching to atti.
2017-8-7
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules