VPS not working correctly after update
2751 22 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arockstar2
lvl.1
United States

So recently I decided to upgrade my Phantom 4 to the newest version to get the draw and tripod modes and all that good stuff. (Also had to switch to Dji Go 4 app) However the new update messed up my VPS to where it thinks I'm around a foot or so off the ground. Because of this I can't use the tap fly and draw modes because it thinks I'm below the altitude limit/not high enough. Also landing takes forever because the aircraft descends really slowly thinking that it's close to the ground. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
image.jpeg
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A calibration of the VPS using DJI Assistant 2 probably would be worth a try:-

2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please enable vision positioning and try to calibrate VPS.
2017-7-31
Use props
pgesler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32766 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-7-31 19:05
Please enable vision positioning and try to calibrate VPS.

I have the same issue and did calibrate twice.  Now I can only fly if I disable VPS.
2017-8-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

pgesler Posted at 2017-8-3 16:02
I have the same issue and did calibrate twice.  Now I can only fly if I disable VPS.

Interesting that VPS was deactivated when people *cough* did something with something until they did something twice. Maybe VPS is at the root of all this?
2017-8-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-3 16:25
Interesting that VPS was deactivated when people *cough* did something with something until they did something twice. Maybe VPS is at the root of all this?

*cough*

That sounds like a nasty tickle, would you like a Fishermans Friend ?
2017-8-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

*Cough* I'm fine. *cough* thanks. I think it's just a bug. I keep having hot FLASHES. Like two of them in a row. All I want to do is ROLL BACK and go to sleep. *Cough*. Give it 24 hours (or 6 months) and I'm sure I will be flying stable once again.
2017-8-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-3 16:30
*cough*

That sounds like a nasty tickle, would you like a Fishermans Friend ?

It's DUMB - but BELieve me - I aDORE you for looking out for me
2017-8-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-3 16:25

Which is why I believe that the flash/refresh process may not be always installing every driver on the first installation. It unpacks the firmware into individual controller drivers as the initial part of the process, and each driver has a version number. What if the driver initially won't be copied if the version number already there is higher than that to be applied (i.e. downgrading)? With all drivers already unpacked, perhaps the second refresh then doesn't consider the versioning? This is why I suspect VPS deactivated in That process, because there was an incompatible VPS controller driver remaining on the craft after the first flash.

I wanted to update the firmware on my Android media streamer recently. There were two firmwares available for the model, and if you flashed the wrong one then WiFi didn't work. Why? Because there were two WiFi chips released during that model's life, and if you flashed the firmware with the wrong WiFi driver incorporated, the module just failed to work. No message, it just didn't work, while the rest of the streamer's functionality did.

But to the op - try setting the Craft to factory default and refreshing the firmware TWICE, power cycling it completely between each. Oh, and drawing a pentacle around it and sacrificing a couple of chickens at the same time wouldn't hurt either.
2017-8-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-3 16:51
It's DUMB - but BELieve me - I aDORE you for looking out for me

Groan. So, a horse walks into a bar...

Bartender asks 'Why the long face?"
It's a Shetland pony and says to the Bartender "Quick, give me a beer - I'm a little hoarse"
It has a set of jumper leads wrapped around it's neck, but the bouncer lets it in and says "OK, you can go in, but don't try to start anything..."
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pgesler Posted at 2017-8-3 16:02

May I know what's the current firmware of your drone and controller? I would recommend you to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and try again.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 01:31
May I know what's the current firmware of your drone and controller? I would recommend you to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 and try again.

DJI Susan, the new firmware is totally messed up, and we need a fix now
2017-8-8
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 01:31

My P4 was working perfectly before the update. As soon as I updated to the failware, apart from the litany of other issues, I got Vision Sensor error (a00004). Cannot calibrate VPS in DJI Assistant 2 because my front left sensor either shows a static grey image or a real world image but the image is frozen and the calibration won't start. This firmware has ruined my P4. I've tried downgrading to 602 and re-updating to the failware then reflashing the failware but still the VPS error remains.
IMG_0028 (1).PNG
IMG_0028 (1).PNG

2017-8-8
Use props
Blackened825
New
United States

I've been having the same issue ever since the update. Now i don"t know whether or not to complain about this update because it has fixed a lot of the issues i was having prior...but of course with DJI,  a fix doesnt come without something else breaking. Every time my VPS sensors are on, the drone barely flies. Wont go faster than 9 mph and trying to get it down takes forever. Wont come down faster than .3 mph.. But then i go and turn the VPS off and it flies fine.  
2017-8-8
Use props
Blackened825
New
United States

I've been having the same issue ever since the update. Now i don"t know whether or not to complain about this update because it has fixed a lot of the issues i was having prior...but of course with DJI,  a fix doesnt come without something else breaking. Every time my VPS sensors are on, the drone barely flies. Wont go faster than 9 mph and trying to get it down takes forever. Wont come down faster than .3 mph.. But then i go and turn the VPS off and it flies fine.  
2017-8-8
Use props
Blackened825
New
United States

2017-8-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Blackened825 Posted at 2017-8-8 12:05

Is there an echo in here ? 14#
Is there an echo in here? 15#
Is there an echo in here? 16#
2017-8-8
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

Same issue here. Even before the update. Now it's just worse. Takes forever to get it down. It takes forever to get into an intelligent flight mode due to vps saying the aircraft is low when it isn't. I can only go into flight modes if I start it for the few random seconds vps actually works. Otherwise it says the aircraft is too low. So annoying
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gyrex Posted at 2017-8-8 05:18
My P4 was working perfectly before the update. As soon as I updated to the failware, apart from the litany of other issues, I got Vision Sensor error (a00004). Cannot calibrate VPS in DJI Assistant 2 because my front left sensor either shows a static grey image or a real world image but the image is frozen and the calibration won't start. This firmware has ruined my P4. I've tried downgrading to 602 and re-updating to the failware then reflashing the failware but still the VPS error remains.

[view_image]

According to your description, I do not think the issue is caused by firmware update. Re-installing DJI Assistant 2 or changing another PC to see if it works or not. If no helps, I'm sorry you may have to consider to send it in for a fully check.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you have hard landing or crash before? For VPS error, I do not think it is a good idea to wait firmware. Please check the tutorial video and calibrate VPS.

2017-8-10
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

i just did this and it is puper easy takes less than 10 minuets to complete and now it flyies absolutely flawlessly! i will also calibrate this after each imu for a while and report back to let you all know my reults if i can find this thread again
2017-8-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Did you use Assistant 2 on a Windows PC to do the VPS calibration? If so, it may not have actually recorded accurate visual positioning data as a baseline for the craft to base decisions on.

Try re-installing Assistant 2 and run it using my steps here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
Hey, it can't hurt trying... ;-)
2017-8-10
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

Any way to fix this yet guys? I've done vps calibration more times than I can count. Also have reset to factory twice. I can hardly fly my bird with vps on.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules