ANOTHER Spark flyaway & no help from support for over a month now
921 7 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven068
New
Flight distance : 1421 ft
United States

My Spark (third DJI drone, plus owning other DJI gear.. Ronin, etc) flew away in JUNE... I contacted support on June 27th, received a prompt reply and then sent over the TXT/MP4 files on June 29th. I've been traveling and working since then, so have been distracted enough to remain patient, but I then received another request for the same file 4 days to which I responded to by sending the TXT/MP4 files again.
I woke up today to yet ANOTHER email requesting the files, this time very rudely saying IN BOLD that they are "ONCE AGAIN" requesting them, which I have now sent over for a third time. They have not acknowledged receipt of my previous emails and just keep asking for the files again... Anyone else experienced this? So disappointing...
I just called support and was told that my case was made high priority, but I should call back in 3 days to check on it... leaving me to wonder, in what world is that considered high priority?

Seems like some kind/intelligent members of the DJI team actually check these forums, so thought that I would post on here in hopes of hearing something back before I completely lose my cool... I try to always be reasonable and kind because I know this isn't someone in support's fault, but seems crazy to wait over a month to hear something. Everything else I have from DJI is top notch, but based on what I've seen online and from having a friend lose their Spark in the exact same way, it seems like this is a big problem that deserves to be addressed.

Thanks for reading.
2017-8-1
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

i did all my request via chat and didn't leave the chat until i got a case number and bother them everyday with it
2017-8-1
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have provided documents and files to DJI. I used my Dropbox account due to the size these files can be, it would be best. Once DJI receives the files, they will confirm with you.

My guess is, they have not received your file information

This was just an idea to help you get this moving.
sorry for your loss..
All the best
Rich
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, Steven, could you please provide me with your case number so I can check what happened?
2017-8-1
Use props
steven068
New
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-1 20:35
Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, Steven, could you please provide me with your case number so I can check what happened?

Thanks Diana... I just sent you a PM.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

steven068 Posted at 2017-8-5 10:44
Thanks Diana... I just sent you a PM.

Got it,  it is under process now, I'll escalate it, will have someone contact you once it is finished.
2017-8-7
Use props
steven068
New
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-7 00:09
Got it,  it is under process now, I'll escalate it, will have someone contact you once it is finished.

Yeah.. thanks for the effort and i know it's not your fault but i've heard that before... just talked to someone on support chat and then on the phone and heard the same thing about receiving a response in 24-36 hours... even though it's been 5 weeks... so just gonna post to 17 million combined social media followers that Spark is garbage and DJI service is abysmal...shame because i always recommend DJI products and i had high hopes to get this resolved.. and realllly wanted to get a ronin 2 to replace my ronin, but time to find a company who care about supporting their products and loyal customers. but again, thanks for the response. a $500 drone isn't worth this many hours of me begging DJI for a reply to my support emails. fingers crossed my phantom doesn't fly away!
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

steven068 Posted at 2017-8-7 11:49
Yeah.. thanks for the effort and i know it's not your fault but i've heard that before... just talked to someone on support chat and then on the phone and heard the same thing about receiving a response in 24-36 hours... even though it's been 5 weeks... so just gonna post to 17 million combined social media followers that Spark is garbage and DJI service is abysmal...shame because i always recommend DJI products and i had high hopes to get this resolved.. and realllly wanted to get a ronin 2 to replace my ronin, but time to find a company who care about supporting their products and loyal customers. but again, thanks for the response. a $500 drone isn't worth this many hours of me begging DJI for a reply to my support emails. fingers crossed my phantom doesn't fly away!

If I were in your position, I would feel just as you do, apologize again for your unpleasant experience. Just checked your case again, looks like the data analysis is finished, someone will send you an email with the result today. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules