RC Update, no response now bricked
1781 11 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse800398f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41076 ft
Hong Kong

When I lauch DJI GO 4 app, It ask me to update the remote controller. I have previously downloaded the fireware so I go to wifi and connect to the RC, full battery. Back to the App and want to start the upgrade, when I when back to DJI go 4, it just stayed in update screen(update not yet started), and after a few minutes it says the the RC no reaponse, and ask me to close it. I did, then switch off the RC and when switch back on. i can not find the wifi hot spot for it. Try switching the RC on and off a few time still no luck. Tried the OTG cable, also doesnt work.

I want to ask how to totally factory restore the RC? Or reset the Wifi so I can reconnect to it again? Really need your help, will go on vacationbthis weekend, wannycry now.
2017-8-1
Use props
fanse800398f
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Just confirmed with Dji Support, I has to be set back for repair. I have vacation in 4 days, now everthing is ruined. Thanks DJI!
2017-8-1
Use props
fans2137cb65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 459 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem I think.  Spoke to tech support and they said no way to reset controller.  I did struggle with firmware update which got stuck at 99%.  My first drone so disappointed.  Guess I will have to return my controller
2017-8-1
Use props
JaredD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298957 ft
Australia

Yeah I had the same problem and am sending my RC back to DJI as well.
2017-8-1
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

The least DJI can do is ship an RC to you while you return the bricked one.
2017-8-1
Use props
fanse800398f
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Right! Are they pretending this doesn't happen? Seem like a common issue.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fanse800398f Posted at 2017-8-1 11:04
Just confirmed with Dji Support, I has to be set back for repair. I have vacation in 4 days, now everthing is ruined. Thanks DJI!

Sorry for this, have you opened a case? We'll take care of it and do our best to get it addressed shortly. Sorry again for the inconvenience you have been caused.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans2137cb65 Posted at 2017-8-1 11:20
I have the same problem I think.  Spoke to tech support and they said no way to reset controller.  I did struggle with firmware update which got stuck at 99%.  My first drone so disappointed.  Guess I will have to return my controller

Sorry for this, what is the status of the light on the left? Can you see the WiFi of the RC on your phone?
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JaredD Posted at 2017-8-1 17:51
Yeah I had the same problem and am sending my RC back to DJI as well.

Have you got a case number from the Support, please refer to the link below to contact them, we'll take care of the RC and do our best to get it addressed shortly. Appreciate your patience. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-1
Use props
fanse800398f
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-1 20:30
Have you got a case number from the Support, please refer to the link below to contact them, we'll take care of the RC and do our best to get it addressed shortly. Appreciate your patience. http://www.dji.com/support

I have made a case and submited a video to show the issue last night,the RC light on the left is a blinking red. No feedback so far.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fanse800398f Posted at 2017-8-3 02:28
I have made a case and submited a video to show the issue last night,the RC light on the left is a blinking red. No feedback so far.

How did you submit the video, via email? What is your case number?
2017-8-3
Use props
fanse800398f
lvl.1
Hong Kong

The request number is 664722. The flagship shop in HK suppose to be able to help but as I read on other forums, it is really full at the moment with lots of issue relating to this model falling from sky. I don't want to waste whole day waiting and not being able to get it service, plus it seems it has to be send back and I won't be able to get it replaced or fixed at the store.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules