Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S workflow in Final Cut Pro
3040 7 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helijib
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

If I could get some help with any insite if their is even an option to stitch together raw files in FCP that woudl be aweseme. Hoping their is a way.Thanks for any tips or links with workflows, I just havne't found any good detailed info... Maybe it's not doable?
Thanks very much.

2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What do you mean by "stitch together", can you describe it in detail? Thank you.
2017-8-2
Use props
Helijib
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 00:22
What do you mean by "stitch together", can you describe it in detail? Thank you.

Hi Mindy,
Thanks for your help.
My term stitch together goes with the thought of placing dozens of dng files into one timeline to create a single flowing video sequence.  Do you have any links or input to help with using the X5S raw files in a Final Cut Pro timeline? Thanks!!!
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Helijib Posted at 2017-8-2 05:36
Hi Mindy,
Thanks for your help.
My term stitch together goes with the thought of placing dozens of dng files into one timeline to create a single flowing video sequence.  Do you have any links or input to help with using the X5S raw files in a Final Cut Pro timeline? Thanks!!!

I'm sorry that we don't have any support to third party program, you may need to Goggle the method or hope other customers could give you some suggestions.
2017-8-2
Use props
kenavata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

Helijib Posted at 2017-8-2 05:36
Hi Mindy,
Thanks for your help.

The answer is yes and no. Yes you can import and and combine a series of images directly into FCPX, but no you can't directly import CinemaDNG RAW files... you'll need an extra step in your workflow.

While not the only way, I'd suggest importing in to DaVinci Resolve and exporting as Prores for FCPX. The DaVinci import process is also a little slicker and will combine (Stitch) the images during import if you choose to do so.

If you google for 'import image sequence' you'll find any number of videos etc.
2017-8-3
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

My workflow is usually to process the RAW frames in Adobe Camera Raw, outputting them usually as Jpgs. The Jpgs can then be imported into FCPX to create a compound clip. (There is a trick, which I can't remember exactly --to getting the still frames to only be 1 frame in a timeline...it's not intuitive...involves placing the frames into a timeline, selecting them all, and clicking on the timecode window in the timeline window and setting the value to 00:00:02 or 00:00:01?)
2017-8-8
Use props
monica66
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Is this helpful?
2017-8-9
Use props
IvanGarciaDP
New

Mexico

This is the best video explaining that question