Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
switching map from road to satellite view?
1903 6 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

if I view my location on Google maps, of course I can toggle between road and satellite view. but when I view my flight record I'm currently only seeing road view with no obvious ability to toggle. This seems to have happened around when I did the firmware upgrade. Prior tothat I could view flight maps in the much more useful satellite view. however, even those pre-upgrade flights now only show in road view. Any comments/suggestions? Thanks.
2017-8-1
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Not sure but in iOS all old n new flight records maps can be changed...
Image-1.png
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which type of mobile do you use? I have checked the Android and iOS devices on my hand, there are icons of Standard/Satellite/Hybrid.
2017-8-3
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-3 01:06
May I know which type of mobile do you use? I have checked the Android and iOS devices on my hand, there are icons of Standard/Satellite/Hybrid.

Maybe you can tell me why the map is disabled when flying with a Smartphone only? I can't check the correct Homepoint position without leaving the CameraView and go into "find my drone". This is really awkward.
Why Dji removed this? Before the first updates of the App the map was there with my spark? Thank you
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-3 01:25
Maybe you can tell me why the map is disabled when flying with a Smartphone only? I can't check the correct Homepoint position without leaving the CameraView and go into "find my drone". This is really awkward.
Why Dji removed this? Before the first updates of the App the map was there with my spark? Thank you

I apologize if this bothers you. We do not add this feature due to the limit smartphone size and virtual sticks. Also, it seems a little redundant when fly within visual range.
2017-8-4
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-4 03:35
I apologize if this bothers you. We do not add this feature due to the limit smartphone size and virtual sticks. Also, it seems a little redundant when fly within visual range.

I understand the argument with the size of the screen. It would be nice when you can minimize the map. So you could maximize it for checking the HP or heading of the spark if you want to.
Redundant? Example: I fly near the see. HP must be set where the spark take off. When the HP is set incorrect over the water and I lost connection to my phone -> the spark will rth into the water. (Still no hover option for Spark at failsafe!)
I (and many others I think) would like to have the map back. Especially it was there in the 4.1.3 on iOS.
Maybe you can foward this request to the developers? Thank you.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-4 03:56
I understand the argument with the size of the screen. It would be nice when you can minimize the map. So you could maximize it for checking the HP or heading of the spark if you want to.
Redundant? Example: I fly near the see. HP must be set where the spark take off. When the HP is set incorrect over the water and I lost connection to my phone -> the spark will rth into the water. (Still no hover option for Spark at failsafe!)
I (and many others I think) would like to have the map back. Especially it was there in the 4.1.3 on iOS.

Thanks for clarification. I will forwarded to our engineers and hopefully they will consider in the future.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules