App 4.1.4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Hello.
I try to change my EXPO to calm down the agessive fly behaviour after updating. Original settings are 0.40. I try to change to 0.25, but  the numbers are in Red. After closing that window and reopen I can see the backfill of the numbers to 0.40.
There is no "save" button.
So how to do in this new APP?
2017-8-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

The same error was also present in DJIGO4 v4.1.3. There must be more complaints than my alone before DJI react !!!   Write them directly and complain.

Strange that DJI constantly has to redo the part of the code in their program that actually works. There will soon be no more left.  

Regards Leif.
2017-8-1
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-1 22:20
The same error was also present in DJIGO4 v4.1.3. There must be more complaints than my alone before DJI react !!!   Write them directly and complain.

Strange that DJI constantly has to redo the part of the code in their program that actually works. There will soon be no more left.  

Hello Leif. Thank you for the answer. You are right. I wounderfull how complicated it is to enter and rewrite a software. In my young time it was not so difficult.  I'm very tired to receive the feeling FJI I give to customers , that we are incapacitated. Buy it, give me your money and f**** off.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

There are two ways to change the EXP value: drag the curve and the value will change automatically, look for the one you need; Or some mobiles have the Done/Save icon, please click Done/Save icon when you set the value in the square.
2017-8-3
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Hi Susan,
I know how to Chang this settings. I do not have the "save/done" button. I guess I explained this already.
All my changings  are not saved. So reopen EXPO will show the factory settings (0,40)  This, I guess, I explained also.
Further more it is a old bug in the software, happen in previously released firmware, as you know.
So...lets try again to find a answer.thank you
2017-8-3
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-3 02:02
There are two ways to change the EXP value: drag the curve and the value will change automatically, look for the one you need; Or some mobiles have the Done/Save icon, please click Done/Save icon when you set the value in the square.

Sorry DJI Susan, but both of the methods you mentioned do not work on an Android version of DJIGO4 4.1.4. Just tried to change the EXP for my Mavic Pro (EXP=0.25) and P4A (EXP=0.40) which can not be done. Again, a strange software bug that should not be made since mentioned routines have worked for as long as I can remember back and I am very old.   

Regards Leif.
2017-8-3
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I changed it with keyboard metod. Just tap on numbers which you want to change and insert it with keyboard. This works for me.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

T-R Posted at 2017-8-3 02:45
Hi Susan,
I know how to Chang this settings. I do not have the "save/done" button. I guess I explained this already.
All my changings  are not saved. So reopen EXPO will show the factory settings (0,40)  This, I guess, I explained also.

T-R, I do not think it is the APP's bug as it is closely related with the language input method. Change the input method might be helpful.

@Landbo, Did you connect RC when the try the methods? I have tested the feature in the Android device on my hand(APP: 4.1.4) and it works well. Could you send us a short video? I'd like to look into it.
2017-8-4
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-4 01:29
T-R, I do not think it is the APP's bug as it is closely related with the language input method. Change the input method might be helpful.

@Landbo, Did you connect RC when the try the methods? I have tested the feature in the Android device on my hand(APP: 4.1.4) and it works well. Could you send us a short video? I'd like to look into it.

Susan, the problem is probably what characters my country uses as last punctuation marks between the decimals. Here in Denmark we use "," and not "." As in English speaking countries.

Yes Susan, of course, both my Mavic or P4A and there controller are turned on when I try and change the EXP, otherwise the new value can not be stored in the quad or controller.

It's a lot of work to making a video about a problem your programmer nevertheless has to set up Danish as a country code on Android in order to verify that it works properly. Subsequently, the person must of course check the value is actually written to the quad.

Is it strictly necessary that there will be video when no error messages are shown  ?

Regards Leif.

2017-8-4
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Susan. What do you mean with language input mode? All is in English set. Can you specify.
2017-8-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2017-8-3 02:45
Hi Susan,

Any adjustments I make to Expo setting are done with all connected and powered up. I then click on the value needing changed, use backspace to delete old value, enter new value and push the 'Enter' key on keyboard. This then saves the new values. And how it operates on my Android & iOS devices with all latest updates done.
2017-8-5
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Hello Ardvark.
Thank you. I tried this. Dos not work here.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-4 03:12
Susan, the problem is probably what characters my country uses as last punctuation marks between the decimals. Here in Denmark we use "," and not "." As in English speaking countries.

Yes Susan, of course, both my Mavic or P4A and there controller are turned on when I try and change the EXP, otherwise the new value can not be stored in the quad or controller.

I understand your situation and I would like to figure it out asap. According to your description, I would recommend you to change the language as English to check.

Also, may I know which type of mobile do you use? How about changing another recommended mobile? We need this video to check the exact reason as the issue didn't recur for now.
2017-8-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-8 02:09
I understand your situation and I would like to figure it out asap. According to your description, I would recommend you to change the language as English to check.

Also, may I know which type of mobile do you use? How about changing another recommended mobile? We need this video to check the exact reason as the issue didn't recur for now.

Thank you for returning to the inquiry, Susan. I've checked before and it works great when I switch country and keyboard to English (UK). However, it is not a permanent solution for me when I saw lack the Danish letters and notations.

I am using a MEDION tablet (OEM LENOVO P1050X, Android v6.0.1). No Susan, do not intend to switch to another tablet because the error is not due to my hardware/OS but is a mistake in DJI's code !!! Keep in mind, I'm not the only one to experience errors in the EXP input routine. A friend who has a Phantom 4 has the same problems.

Ok if it's so necessary with a video, I can do one for you tonight.

Regards Leif.

2017-8-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Hi Susan, here's the promised video. The language is set to Danish in Android 6.0.1, which is my native language.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsoznj8qv5ubgif/P1010542.MP4?dl=0

Regards Leif.
2017-8-9
Use props
fans01f99007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181365 ft
France

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-9 00:26
Hi Susan, here's the promised video. The language is set to Danish in Android 6.0.1, which is my native language.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsoznj8qv5ubgif/P1010542.MP4?dl=0

hello same problem

I'am in France : P4P ; Tablet Nvidia Shield (Android) and latest DJI GO 4
2018-3-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

fans01f99007 Posted at 2018-3-8 11:59
hello same problem

I'am in France : P4P ; Tablet Nvidia Shield (Android) and latest DJI GO 4

The problem has all countries in Europe, except England and Ireland.

It's now over half a year since DJI have been aware of the problem without anything happening.

One is wondering DJI's programmers can get a drone to fly when they can not fix such a small problem !!!

Maybe we should call DJI Susan again ?

Regards Leif.
2018-3-8
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Post No 16-17 !!!

Regards Leif.
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-3-9 06:18
Post No 16-17 !!!

Regards Leif.

Hi Leif, sorry for the late response as I just received the reminder. I've forwarded this video to our engineers for review. It is also recommended to update to the latest APP to see whether it works.
2018-3-13
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-13 00:51
Hi Leif, sorry for the late response as I just received the reminder. I've forwarded this video to our engineers for review. It is also recommended to update to the latest APP to see whether it works.

Hi Susan.

Only you have changed the red color that indicates an error with an blue color on the screen. But that does not help because I still can not enter "0,15", which is the correct notation in most of Europe, as EXP so that the value is inserted and ready for use. So therefore, DJI's technicians dos still not have solved the problem. After all, its is over half a year DJI has been made aware of the problem !!!

And of course I use the latest new DJIGO4.

Regards Leif.
2018-3-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Landbo Posted at 2018-3-13 02:52
Hi Susan.

Only you have changed the red color that indicates an error with an blue color on the screen. But that does not help because I still can not enter "0,15", which is the correct notation in most of Europe, as EXP so that the value is inserted and ready for use. So therefore, DJI's technicians dos still not have solved the problem. After all, its is over half a year DJI has been made aware of the problem !!!

Thanks for the clarification. Our engineers are reviewing this issue, and we'll come back as long as there is any update.
2018-3-15
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-15 02:45
Thanks for the clarification. Our engineers are reviewing this issue, and we'll come back as long as there is any update.

Tnx Susan.  
2018-3-15
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

I would also like to ad to this that while using CrystalSky and Phantom 4  their are times when you try to change a setting for example RTH but when you put the cursor in the box to change that setting no keyboard comes up. They only way to get it to work is reboot the rc and Go app and then it might come up. Very intermittent problem. . Does not seem to do this with the Phantom 4 Advanced. At least not yet.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules