Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Signals may Interfere with my Spark?
1539 12 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Hwx8FUH
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what signals may interfere with my spark as it arrives in a couple of days. I live in a urban area so I was wondering wether wi-fi will interfere with the drone.

I have an OTG cable, and I'm getting the fly more combo.

Does anyone know how to prevent fly aways, and will DJI give me a refund if it is a software error?

Thanks for the help!
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to fly with no interference such as buildings, trees, hills, magnetic interference and etc. We will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the data analysis result.

BTW, we do not suggest o use OTG as it has not been officially tested and the performance can not be ensured.
2017-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your new to flying I would find an open space in which to begin flying and take your time, it won't take long to learn how to fly Spark , but it only takes one wrong move to wreck your spark, watch the tutorials read up as much as you can, and enjoy the experience.
Pay heed to what dji Susan has told you.
2017-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If your new to flying I would find an open space in which to begin flying and take your time, it won't take long to learn how to fly Spark , but it only takes one wrong move to wreck your spark, watch the tutorials read up as much as you can, and enjoy the experience.
2017-8-4
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

In practice to have no problems you have to fly here:

But only if the temp is above 0 ° C

Senza titolo-1.jpg
2017-8-4
Use props
Szwedu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Lian82 Posted at 2017-8-4 02:09

NOPE ;] too strong magnetic interference :]
Aurora borealis and stuff .
2017-8-4
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Szwedu Posted at 2017-8-4 02:14
NOPE ;] too strong magnetic interference :]
Aurora borealis and stuff .

ah okay -__-'
2017-8-4
Use props
PascalG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

It seems to me that because like most drones the spark uses  wifi to control and send video, the more routers and other devices close by the more risk of interference you will have.  Yeah I know, stating the obvious.  Before take off, when the RC or phone connects to the drone it will pick a clear channel but there is no guarantee that when your drone is 600' away that channel will not be in use by a nearby router. Someone correct me if i m wrong but I don't think the system will switch to another channel at that point when in flight, right? And even if it could, there is no guarantee that it will find a clear channel.

Because most routers have limited range, it seems to me that when flying in developed areas, the higher you are the less chances of interference you will have. And because some wifi systems are stronger with bigger antennas it seems flying near such system   will even increase the odds of interference even more...  for instance some commercial wifi services like Xfinity, ATT have stronger signal than personal routers. Same with systems in public or commercial environment like parks or marinas
2017-8-4
Use props
Logan09870
lvl.1
Portugal

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-4 04:48
It seems to me that because like most drones the spark uses  wifi to control and send video, the more routers and other devices close by the more risk of interference you will have.  Yeah I know, stating the obvious.  Before take off, when the RC or phone connects to the drone it will pick a clear channel but there is no guarantee that when your drone is 600' away that channel will not be in use by a nearby router. Someone correct me if i m wrong but I don't think the system will switch to another channel at that point when in flight, right? And even if it could, there is no guarantee that it will find a clear channel.

Because most routers have limited range, it seems to me that when flying in developed areas, the higher you are the less chances of interference you will have. And because some wifi systems are stronger with bigger antennas it seems flying near such system   will even increase the odds of interference even more...  for instance some commercial wifi services like Xfinity, ATT have stronger signal than personal routers. Same with systems in public or commercial environment like parks or marinas

Thanks for your help! I was planning on learning to fly it in my area before I go traveling, but it is a developed area close to an airport. I may need to go to a different area to fly it.
2017-8-4
Use props
Logan09870
lvl.1
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-4 02:06

I live next to a large park.
2017-8-4
Use props
Logan09870
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-4 01:55
I would recommend you to fly with no interference such as buildings, trees, hills, magnetic interference and etc. We will offer you the corresponding solutions according to the data analysis result.

BTW, we do not suggest o use OTG as it has not been officially tested and the performance can not be ensured.

I have a OTG cable. I can test the spark with OTG and with wifi to controller.
2017-8-4
Use props
Logan09870
lvl.1
Portugal

Lian82 Posted at 2017-8-4 02:09

I think my spark will freeze over there. (Along with me)
2017-8-4
Use props
ZSAY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7785 ft
Saudi Arabia

I'm not 100% sure but I crashed a new Spark via Palm launch after I followed all procedures by the book.  It took off for a second or two then suddenly shut down and fell to the ground.  At that same time my wife was pulling into the open garage area about 5 meters away in her Mercedes S class.  I know these cars send out all sorts of crazy signals (radar distancing, proximity sensors, etc.) and I have a strong (yet unsubstantiated feeling) that the car's various signals interfered with the Spark and caused it to suddenly shut down in mid flight.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules