Phantom 4 into repairs, had to wait for over 5 months! ! !
834 9 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skyticlus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322684 ft
Belgium

Hello,
Just wanted to share about an incident i had with DJI support.

In the begining of the year my drone dropped in mid air after a minute or so after take off. I handed it over, filled the DJI documents. After a month they contacted me that their results came in negative, it was my fault for the malfunction and not theirs, I had to pay for repair costs. about 200$ no problem, I asked to check again since it wasn't my fault.

Then it all started . . . one month . . . two . . . three . . . after 4 months just silence . . . no reply . . .

So i contacted again and saying I would pay any costs just give me the drone. Their reply was to wait one month for repairs ... and when it was finally so far, I get the drone back and it wasn't even my own. New serial number, had to activate like the first time I bought it . . . I wonder why i had to pay for repairs then and wait another extra month? Maybe it wasn't my fault after all . . . ?

Just happy to have the phantom back, but maybe a little more attention to your costumers would be nice!

2017-8-2
Use props
Fordzilla
Banned
Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused and unpleasant experience.
Usually the drone will be replaced by local repair team if it is unrepairable, but the quotation still need to be payed firstly if it is not a product malfunction.
However the time frame shouldn't be that long, would you please provide me the previous case number so that I can look into what happened? Please test the performance of the drone as well and keep us posted if there is any problems.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fordzilla Posted at 2017-8-2 13:13
took them over 2 months to RMA my battery... Complete JOKE!  I feel your pain...

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. Have you received the replacement battery yet? Is it possible to provide the case number to us for investigation?
2017-8-2
Use props
Fordzilla
Banned
Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fordzilla Posted at 2017-8-2 19:14
Yes I finally recieved it, but it should Never have taken anywhere near that amount of time.

I understand, we are working on shortening the repair/replacement time frame and making every customer to have a pleasant experience with us. You have our sincere apologize for the trouble caused.
If this situation occurs again in the future, please keep us posted, we will try our best to get it addressed for you.
2017-8-2
Use props
AfricanAir07
New
South Africa

Check out skyfix.co.za they do DJI repairs in South Africa
2017-8-4
Use props
AfricanAir07
New
South Africa

Check out skyfix.co.za they do DJI repairs in South Africa
2017-8-4
Use props
skyticlus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322684 ft
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 19:01
This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused and unpleasant experience.
Usually the drone will be replaced by local repair team if it is unrepairble, but the quotation still need to be payed firstly if it is not a product malfunction.
However the time frame shouldn't be that long, would you please provide me the previous case number so that I can look into what happened? Please test the performance of the drone as well and keep us posted if there is any problems.

A little disappointed since they made such a big deal that it had to be repaired and then they give me a new one and don't even tell me. So in my eyes no repair was made I just received the next refurbished item so far I know . . .  I don't think the code will do you much since I live in EU zone . . .service code was: 40.172
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skyticlus Posted at 2017-8-4 15:45
A little disappointed since they made such a big deal that it had to be repaired and then they give me a new one and don't even tell me. So in my eyes no repair was made I just received the next refurbished item so far I know . . .  I don't think the code will do you much since I live in EU zone . . .service code was: 40.172

I mean the previous case number, replacement products or parts provided may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty.
Please keep us posted if there is any problems in the drone which you received.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules