Spark battery retention clip
2044 8 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UTSteveL
New
United States

Hey group,

i'm only about 20 flights in (just a couple weeks old) and i've noticed significant wear on my battery retention clip (see attached). As it is, i'm pretty careful with this stuff...not to mention the significant price tag on the item has made me overly cautious. I always pull on the side clips before movement but here i am, regardless.

How many others are seeing/experiencing this? I'm very concerned, given it's function. I'm wondering if i can still return via amazon, where i bought it.
DSC_0004.jpg
2017-8-2
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

hmm . and what if it is related to batteries poping out mid-flight ? i will check mine .
2017-8-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Isn't that the problem Go-pro Karma had?
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

that is some wear and tear, and given how small the bite is on the spark's batteries.. it is possible!.. easy fix would be to fix the battery's clip that bits that edge give it another mm or so of bite.. but that would mean DJi had to concede there is indeed a problem...
2017-8-2
Use props
UTSteveL
New
United States

The weird thing is since I've owned it, I've been hyper sensitive about this very spot. By my nature, I look at a design and do my own FMEA like inspection...this area stood out to me like a sore thumb.

As a result, I've been pulling back on the black releases before initiating movement and until I'm sure the battery has either been engaged or disengaged.

On the Facebook forums, another has had this same issue, only he had conplete breakage st that exact point.

I agree there could be easy, future design fixes...but to your point...there has to be someone willing to admit it's a problem.

I suppose I could have just received a bad unit, however.
2017-8-3
Use props
Radio Flier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273176 ft
United States

After seeing this I inspected my Spark and it is fine. It does seem like this is caused by removing the battery  when the pins are not fully retracted. I have found that if I grip the  sides of the battery tightly with one hand and then slide the release  buttons with the other I know the pins are fully retracted and the process is a smooth release.  When I was just using one hand I could feel it sticking a bit. Now that  I am ware of the issue, I will always use the 2 hand  release. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
2017-8-5
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

i checked now,and no have this problem...
2017-8-5
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on them.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this, I would recommend you send it in for diagnosis and repair, please contact the Support to start a case,  http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules