1523 22 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hama0070
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87890 ft
Sweden

Hi,

Have not used the I1 in over a years time. Now trying to install new firmwire. Have donwloaded into a microsSD. When in the gimbal/machine. Nothing happends?
2017-8-2
Use props
LevitatedMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106404 ft
United States

DONT DO IT. Read the forums man, people are having mad problems w/ the newest firmware.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Which gimbal do you mount?Please make sure you download the right firmware, here is the tutorial video for your reference:
2017-8-2
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads
2017-8-2
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

LevitatedMedia Posted at 2017-8-2 17:20
DONT DO IT. Read the forums man, people are having mad problems w/ the newest firmware.

Can not fly it without uploading it
2017-8-2
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

hama0070, #1 Clean your sd card and format it. #2 Make SURE you un-zip it and download the CORRECT file to the card. #3 Install card in aircraft , turn on aircraft DO NOT TURN ON R/C! #4 When aircraft is finished updating turn off. #5 Turn on R/C enter Go app, you will need wifi to update go app. Safety First! Ken.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-2 23:09
Can not fly it without uploading it

Please refer to the suggestions by Ken, the 2nd step is very important.
Besides, did your aircraft exit the travel mode before updating?
2017-8-3
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

Highasakite Posted at 2017-8-3 00:48
hama0070, #1 Clean your sd card and format it. #2 Make SURE you un-zip it and download the CORRECT file to the card. #3 Install card in aircraft , turn on aircraft DO NOT TURN ON R/C! #4 When aircraft is finished updating turn off. #5 Turn on R/C enter Go app, you will need wifi to update go app. Safety First! Ken.

done that. Will do it again. Formated the sd card again. will try. But I think I might have had the remote control on yesterday when trying to update. How can i see if that has corrected anything? And what todo if? Thanks for help
2017-8-3
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-3 03:03
done that. Will do it again. Formated the sd card again. will try. But I think I might have had the remote control on yesterday when trying to update. How can i see if that has corrected anything? And what todo if? Thanks for help

Read my tips page .
TIPS FOR UPLOADING FIRMWARE - SD  card updating and RC Transmitter

Be sure you choose the camera in the "Select Product " box above the FW downloads,  IF using other than the default X3 camera as well.

Format the SD card on the Aircraft , then load only the Bin file  to the SD card and try again.

I believe I cover this  ( above tips ) on my tips page but just wanted to mention this as it has been cauing issues lately for those with a camera other than the X3 .

donnie
If you had the remote control  during the update it may corrupt the video module , wont happen everytine but it can .   You will have no live image on the screen if it did .

Be sure to remove the update  ( sd card ) from  the AC once you finish the update , you dont want that update on the AC when you are flying .  It will always go through an update process when initializing and can cause the video module to be corrupted. ( like I say not alwyas but enough for me to see a trend )  Just delete and  Format the SD card after updating or set it off to the side and use another SD card for flying , that is what I do .  I use one for updating FW that I fresh format every time before an update and another I use for flying and  recording.

If having  touble getting the SD card to format , ( or getting the AC to load the Fw to the Camera ) just format   on the aircraft ,that way you are sure it is compatible

donnie

donnie

2017-8-3
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 02:18
Please refer to the suggestions by Ken, the 2nd step is very important.
Besides, did your aircraft exit the travel mode before updating?

Nope. Hade to do it manually.
2017-8-4
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-4 11:14

Have you read my tips page ? Also have you updated in the past and are you on at lest version 1.3 on the AC .

Be sure you dont get tempted and update the RC before the AC, It will get you in even deeper trust me.

If you can , with the entire system fired  up , go to the 'about "tab and list the current FW on your system ....AC - RC , Camera, Go app versions .

donnie
2017-8-4
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

This is the info I can get. I think I might can have tried 6 month ago but did not get it to function. It seems I can not upload old firmwire look at pics.
IMG_6892.PNG
IMG_6893.PNG
IMG_6894.PNG
2017-8-5
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-5 02:57
This is the info I can get. I think I might can have tried 6 month ago but did not get it to function. It seems I can not upload old firmwire look at pics.

The reason you can not update is because  you system has NEVER seen updated.  what you need to do is update in order from  the  very first update 1.2.1.06  and get to version 1.3.0.00  from there you can update to the most current version .

Let me get you a link to some older FW.  Be sure to read my tips page for updating instructions  and then start updating  to get to version 1.3, from there you can update the RC via wi fi and you can jump from 1.3 to the most current  firmware .
This is the first one you will need to load ( below  ) to both   the AC and RC.  The RC you will load vai a thumb drive, make sure the Bin file is the ONLY think on the SD or thumb drive when downloading .

http://www.panorobot.com/dji/download/inspire/Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.2.1.06_en.zip
and after that load this one same way .-
Inspire 1 Firmware v1.3.0.00, it is in the zip file below
zip

donnie

Please read my tips page , it will answer many questions you will have .

2017-8-5
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-5 04:03
The reason you can not update is because  you system has NEVER seen updated.  what you need to do is update in order from  the  very first update 1.2.1.06  and get to version 1.3.0.00  from there you can update to the most current version .

Let me get you a link to some older FW.  Be sure to read my tips page for updating instructions  and then start updating  to get to version 1.3, from there you can update the RC via wi fi and you can jump from 1.3 to the most current  firmware .

Thanks.

Tried a lot now. Not working. Some Qs;
The RC and USB thumb. Shall the RC by itself read from the USB thumb the file and update?
The Inspire, as before nothing happends. Can there be a "reboot" button or something to press on the machine? Seems to be the same without he inspire as earlier. It feels like the machine do not understand and connect between the SD/gimbal and machine.
2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-6 04:18
Thanks.

Tried a lot now. Not working. Some Qs;

Ok, here is a link below I wrote  on instructions on how to update the RC via a thumb drive . ONLY DO THIS TO GET TO VERSION 1.3 ON THE RC  then update via wi fi connection .  You might be able to get to verison 1.6 this way but you will after that nned to update via wi fi as 1.6 is the laston that will work , try doing it vai wi fi and the go app after 1.3 please.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47577-1-1.html

Only update the RC to version 1.3 and then update the RC to the latest version via the wi fi connection .  Do any updating to the RC only AFTER  you get the AC loaded FIRST.  ( past firmware 1.3, befroe that it does not matter  )
Make sure you read my tips page !!!TIPS FOR UPLOADING FIRMWARE - SD  card updating and RC Transmitter

So I would like you to get to both 1.3 on the RC and the AC and then update the AC first to the latest version and then do the RC .  If you get the RC updated before the AC in some cases it can get the (AC ) systems stuck in travel mode .This will only happen after you get to version 1.3 on the AC and the RC.

What happens when you load the SD card with Only the BIN file to  the AC ?  do you get any sound at all ? Are you using a PC or MAC , are you formatting the SD card before loading the Firmware and making sure only the BIN file is on the update ????

Ideally you want to use a PC for formatting and loading the Firmware to the SD card , You can do it via a MAC but if you do be sure to format the SD card on the aircraft .  You can do this from the tools section on the go app, go to the tools section on the camera settings ( center of go app on the far right , main screen )  .  This way you are sure to get a proper format .  Do you already know how to do that ?

Did you ever update the AC at all ?  EVER ( I am assuming that the AC is just like the RC and NEVER been updated )    and does the system still work ? Can you see live video from the camera to the go app device ?   if you never updated the system should still work .
regarding your questions :   Yes, up to version 1.3 the update is done via a thumb drive and should update , once you get to 1.3 updating is done( on the RC only )  via the Go app and a wi fi connection . The AC is ALWAYS updated via an SD card in the camera .

NO there is No reset for the AC at all .
Below is a Pic of what the file will look like when you drag and drop it to the thumb drive , Make sure none of the other PDF files are with it ONLY the bin file .

below is bin file 1.02.01.06 , this is what it should look like right before you load it to a thumb dirve or SD card for the first update .

Let me know
donnie

Pic of 1.6 bin file .jpeg
2017-8-6
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

Have followed all suggestions. Format SD card in both MAC and PC. Fat format. Neither machine or Inspire give a life sign to start the firmware update going. Thanks from all, starts to feel that it is needed to be sent in.
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-4 11:14

What do you mean 'had to do it by manually'? The aircraft may fail to recognize the firmware in SD card if it is in Travel Mode. Can the travel mode be unlocked by RC?
2017-8-7
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 00:02
What do you mean 'had to do it by manually'? The aircraft may fail to recognize the firmware in SD card if it is in Travel Mode. Can the travel mode be unlocked by RC?

nope. the RC and machine does not seem to interact at all.
2017-8-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-7 01:23
nope. the RC and machine does not seem to interact at all.

for now then just get them both updated if you can to version 1.3 then you may need to re link  and then keep going .

Something  must have been updated or changed if the AC and Rc will not communicate with one another , this could be as simple as a relink or you updated or erased something. .... anyhow lets get you to 1.3 on the AC and Rc and Go from there .
Waht does the log say on the SD card after  you attempt to update ?    Do you get any tone at all ?  You have just the 1.2.6 file I gave you on it correct ?   The Sd card should log something to it  after you try to update, do you get anything ?

If you get nothing and you have tried other SD cars and formatting etc, you may need to send it in . ....... It should work though. ..... I dont like getting stumped , they do just break sometimes .
You may have updated  previously but the log on the SD card  should show something. after trying to update .....Try to load it again , then look a the log on the SD card and post the results if you can .  

donnie

2017-8-7
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-7 05:01
for now then just get them both updated if you can to version 1.3 then you may need to re link  and then keep going .

The machine. Seems like no contact at all. So nothing there. One suggestion was that when manually moved the machine from transport mode to fly mode not fully done and therefore no contact with SD card.
On RC - seems it does not connect with the SD file. Nothing happens. What format is best to use? When formatting?

No log files.
Only .bin on SD cards.
2017-8-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-7 06:14
The machine. Seems like no contact at all. So nothing there. One suggestion was that when manually moved the machine from transport mode to fly mode not fully done and therefore no contact with SD card.
On RC - seems it does not connect with the SD file. Nothing happens. What format is best to use? When formatting?

Have you ever had success updating on the AC ever ?  If not then I think you should do  a re Link between the AC and the RC and see if you can get it working , that way we will know that you are on the original FW for sure  that you showed in a picture in one of your post above .

Do not do a quick format , go through the slightly longer method, also on a Mac I believe it call for a FAT 32 .

donnie
2017-8-7
Use props
hama0070
lvl.1
Sweden

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-7 10:56
Have you ever had success updating on the AC ever ?  If not then I think you should do  a re Link between the AC and the RC and see if you can get it working , that way we will know that you are on the original FW for sure  that you showed in a picture in one of your post above .

Do not do a quick format , go through the slightly longer method, also on a Mac I believe it call for a FAT 32 .

Thanks,
Yes they have been linked. The AC and RC. Yes I have made at least one functional update for all units and batteries.
Tried that format to on both MAC and PC. What format on PC?
2017-8-8
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

hama0070 Posted at 2017-8-8 00:36
Thanks,
Yes they have been linked. The AC and RC. Yes I have made at least one functional update for all units and batteries.
Tried that format to on both MAC and PC. What format on PC?

Not sure what format is on a PC anymore, I own a MAC now and Have forgotten,  If I remember correctly I did just the Fast format on the windows machine and that worked

When you say you made one functional update when was that ?  Recently , the Rc looks to me like it was NEVER updated unless you did it JUST RECENTLY  , or at least after you post, as it shows the original FW on it and that is why you could not rollback the RC transmitter .
So you say you are linked NOW, can you start the AC etc from the RC ?

If you have updated it does not make sense , unless you updated the AC and NOT the RC.

If you can format on the AC do so if at all possible (if you are linked to it ).

donnie
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules