Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 08:08
VPS/Opti cuts out because that's the software imposed limitation...the limitation DJi put for best possible stability and use case in broad conditions...we can all agree on that's why dji has a soft limit.  that doesn't mean however it can't work over longer distances, but further you are away the less stable it is and more likely drift or crashing specially in varied conditions like mist or fog or less than ideal light...

the reason i want raw sensor data is because i want to know what it is using... again since its software i dont know if everything is enabled and all fighting each other or is it really in VPS mode and only using down facing camera+Atti..?  are the IR sensors giving back any data or they all out of range?  is the GPS locked still?  is the GPS data being used if it is locked?  how is it determining alti is it baro only?  etc etc.

There are no identifying tell tales on logs you post through phantomhelp so you won't have any problems there,
2017-8-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi, I don't know if it is true or not, but I did experience the disconnection with OTG for the first time. I tried doing a test, jumping back and forth between active track, Sport mode and Tripod mod inhouse, with remote and OTG. Suddently I lost signal when Spark only 0.5m away from me. Strange.
Good thing that when lost connection is still hover, I reset the app, replug OTG and got connection again.

It's a pity though because those are the selling points of Spark. but until more information provide, it is better to play safe.
Also, I tried another battery, same test, nothing happen, strange...
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI is aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address this matter urgently.

But if the records got cut off, we are unable to locate the reason, 30% discount is the final resolution we can provided.

DJI products are tested for thousands of hours, and the overwhelming number of customers enjoy using our products with minimal disruption.

We are looking to implement additional safeguards with a firmware update which was issued Wednesday. When prompted on the DJI GO 4 App, we recommend all customers to connect to the internet and update their aircraft’s firmware to ensure a safe flight when flying their Spark.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We are sorry for your loss, Susan has asked for case number in your other thread, please provide to us, thus we are able to check more details for better assistance. Thanks in advance.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15640 ft
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 19:37
We are sorry for your loss, Susan has asked for case number in your other thread, please provide to us, thus we are able to check more details for better assistance. Thanks in advance.

my case is #659846
i want 100% coupon
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 19:38
DJI is aware of a small number of reports involving Spark drones that have lost power mid-flight. Flight safety and product reliability are top priorities. Our engineers are thoroughly reviewing each customer case and working to address this matter urgently.

But if the records got cut off, we are unable to locate the reason, 30% discount is the final resolution we can provided.

that`s mean my fault is 70%?

all of fell case is user`s fault?

i can`t understand dji`s policy
2017-8-3
Use props
CJdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 879682 ft
United States

I'm in the same boat.  Sent it in for repair last week and still awaiting a response from DJI... Fingers crossed
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-3 20:24
that`s mean my fault is 70%?

all of fell case is user`s fault?

I'm sorry that this is not the case number but the email ticket number. You email address is OK as well, please PM me you email address, thanks.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CJdrone Posted at 2017-8-3 20:34
I'm in the same boat.  Sent it in for repair last week and still awaiting a response from DJI... Fingers crossed

If the flight records are complete, data analysis team will try their best to locate the reason, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 22:55
I'm sorry that this is not the case number but the email ticket number. You email address is OK as well, please PM me you email address, thanks.

my email is pmlp@naver.com
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Here is the details of the data analysis
1. The drone took off in GPS Mode, then pilot switched to Active track mode;
2. t=06:47,h=14m,d=108.6m, the records cut off when hovering.
3. According to Google Map, the drone was flying in open area when the records cut off, but we have no idea how the drone behaved after that because of lack of flight log.
I have escalated your case to appropriate team to see if there will be further resolution, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-4 00:26
Here is the details of the data analysis
1. The drone took off in GPS Mode, then pilot switched to Active track mode;
2. t=06:47,h=14m,d=108.6m, the records cut off when hovering.

Yes.
This problem is Disconnection.
So how can I do?
i can`t anything.
i just see it.
but DJI say Unknown cause.
30% is Best Offer?
I don`t know what is my fault.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-4 00:35
Yes.
This problem is Disconnection.
So how can I do?

I'm sorry that I'm unable to apply a better discount for you, my colleague is handling your case, please note the email later.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansa607fc27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4731 ft
Singapore

Same thing here. There was a sudden disconnection between the RC and the spark. Spark did not RTH. Just landed on its own (u frotunately it was over water) it was only under 3 mins before takeoff. Only a mere 3m meters away from me. Luckily it was not too deep and i was able to take it out in abt 5 secs. But it still got soaked. Emailed dji since my drone is only a month old.they asked me to sync the flight records so they could view it. They Replied a week later,  Said my drone got wet and could not get flight data from it. They could not make a judgement based on the flight r3cords. My accident could not be analysed. Offerred me 30% discount for another spark purchase. I dont think this product is safe. Why would i buy another spark from them?? Anyway the reply email is attached below.

Pls tell me what u think guys...
Screenshot_20170818-134402.jpg
2017-8-17
Use props
fansa607fc27
lvl.1
Singapore

Onomarn Posted at 2017-8-3 06:44
Same stuff, just different story. No special modes, no weird weather, fairly cool and clear, 100% battery charge, flying in sport mode (not my first gimbal drone), using OTG cable, no interference, calibrated compass and IMU, even DJI says theres nothing wrong with the flight log, it just suddenly ended recording at 191ft in the air. They think I landed it on a cloud somewhere somehow, but really... . BOOM droped out of the sky like a brick into the water. Searched with scuba gear and could not find it. Sent DJI a support request and they offer me 30% off a new drone.

They want us to throw more money at them, when they can't seem to figure out this issue in the first place. They deleted someones post that had more than 25 names on there and that was middle of June. They say I need to use the 30% coupon by September 2nd. I for one refuse to throw them more money until they admit this issue is bigger than it seems and unless we find a way to force their hand, nothing is going to change.

And your discount code is for spark only,
right?
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa607fc27 Posted at 2017-8-17 21:56
Same thing here. There was a sudden disconnection between the RC and the spark. Spark did not RTH. Just landed on its own (u frotunately it was over water) it was only under 3 mins before takeoff. Only a mere 3m meters away from me. Luckily it was not too deep and i was able to take it out in abt 5 secs. But it still got soaked. Emailed dji since my drone is only a month old.they asked me to sync the flight records so they could view it. They Replied a week later,  Said my drone got wet and could not get flight data from it. They could not make a judgement based on the flight r3cords. My accident could not be analysed. Offerred me 30% discount for another spark purchase. I dont think this product is safe. Why would i buy another spark from them?? Anyway the reply email is attached below.

Pls tell me what u think guys...

Sorry that the screenshot is too small to be read. Would you please leave us with the case number? We will check more details for better assistance, thanks.
2017-8-18
Use props
fansa607fc27
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-18 00:24
Sorry that the screenshot is too small to be read. Would you please leave us with the case number? We will check more details for better assistance, thanks.

Hi. 681208.
2017-8-18
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

fansa607fc27 Posted at 2017-8-17 22:05
And your discount code is for spark only,
right?

Yes, they stated that it will only work on the spark. I am in a tight space. They say I need to use it before September, but I refuse to throw more money at this company until they fix this issue.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Unfortunately the Spark was water-damaged and cannot obtain the flight log, while the flight record was disconnected and we are unable to find out the precise reason of the accident.
In that case, we can only provide 30% off discount to purchase a new aircraft, we are so sorry for the crash accident and trouble that has been caused.
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa607fc27
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 02:21
Unfortunately the Spark was water-damaged and cannot obtain the flight log, while the flight record was disconnected and we are unable to find out the precise reason of the accident.
In that case, we can only provide 30% off discount to purchase a new aircraft, we are so sorry for the crash accident and trouble that has been caused.

Flight records are different from flight logs? So how do i get the flight logs?
2017-8-21
Use props
fansa607fc27
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-21 02:21

2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa607fc27 Posted at 2017-8-21 05:02

Yes, they are totally different.
Here is the tutorial video of how to export the flight logs for your reference:
But since your drone was fell into water, we don't suggest to power on again.
And I've seen it seems that you have agreed the discount, if not, please reply the email to my colleague.
2017-8-22
Use props
fansa607fc27
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-22 04:26
Yes, they are totally different.
Here is the tutorial video of how to export the flight logs for your reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A
But since your drone was fell into water, we don't suggest to power on again.

Do i have any other choice? WhAt other optuons do i have?
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa607fc27 Posted at 2017-8-24 02:36
Do i have any other choice? WhAt other optuons do i have?

Sorry that there is no other option. My colleague is applying coupon for you, please keep an eye on email.
2017-8-24
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

15% for me!
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We could only provide 15% off discount if the drone was lost for pilot error, sorry for your loss.
2017-9-16
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-16 22:48
We could only provide 15% off discount if the drone was lost for pilot error, sorry for your loss.

Something is better than nothing, I appreciate it. How long do those usually take to get?
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

agonzarn Posted at 2017-9-17 05:23
Something is better than nothing, I appreciate it. How long do those usually take to get?

It usually takes 2-3 business days to send you the coupon code. Please wait patiently.
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules