Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
firmware upgrade disaster
1471 15 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansacba8b6a
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, I own two Phantom 4, one of which has been unfortunately purchased in Europe during one of my trips overseas (I live in Australia). A few months ago I had to send the drone to the Netherlands for a repair under warranty and I have got it back only a couple of days ago. Yesterday I decided to test it and I got immediately a message prompting for a firmware upgrade. I started the upgrade but half way the drone started to produce a lot of smoke ! I disconnected the battery immediately but I am afraid the drone is now irreparably damaged. I have started a new repair case but I have been asked to send the drone back to the Netherlands, again. I would really appreciate if someone, anyone, could help me to avoid another few months without the drone and additional costs for the shipping to Europe. Please !!!! There must be something someone can do for this. I am desperate! Please.....
2017-8-3
Use props
fansacba8b6a
lvl.1
Australia

I have asked DJI to repair the drone here in Australia but they said the warranty is linked to the purchase place not to the residence.... I find this quite unfair, to be honest.
2017-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I think you should ask again.  Warranty should be guaranteed anywhere. It doesn't matter where you purchased it, or from who.  
2017-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

Post your case number and one of the administrators on here can help. They are much better than calling customer service, or chat   
2017-8-3
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

Unfortunately you will have to send it back to the Netherlands.  I dont understand why they require this, but it has always been this way.
2017-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

Now, that is one DUMB rule!
2017-8-3
Use props
Cradoka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

fansacba8b6a Posted at 2017-8-3 03:53
I have asked DJI to repair the drone here in Australia but they said the warranty is linked to the purchase place not to the residence.... I find this quite unfair, to be honest.

I'm in SA and bought my drone in USA. It recently failed and was repaired by sending to VIC. It was a 2 and half week turn around, and all's good thank heavens...............
2017-8-3
Use props
fansacba8b6a
lvl.1
Australia

Cradoka Posted at 2017-8-3 06:20
I'm in SA and bought my drone in USA. It recently failed and was repaired by sending to VIC. It was a 2 and half week turn around, and all's good thank heavens...............

Thanks Cradoka, how did you manage to do that? I mean, did DJI repair your drone under warranty, with no costs for you (including the shipping)????
2017-8-3
Use props
fansacba8b6a
lvl.1
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-3 05:16
Post your case number and one of the administrators on here can help. They are much better than calling customer service, or chat

Thanks for your suggestion Alabama, really appreciated... My case number is CAS-857618-W1J9S8.  Cheers
2017-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
United States

Your welcome.  one of the administrators will see it and help DJI-Mindy is very good  
2017-8-3
Use props
fans3873f583
lvl.1
Australia

I was told by DJI support their is a repair centre in Burwood NSW?
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sir, I feel your pain, truly apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties.
Unfortunately, due to various product versions, DJI does not provide global warranty, customer can obtain warranty service only in the region where he/she purchased the product (in designated DJI repair center).
I have escalated your issue to appropriate team to follow up, the drone may still need to be sent to Netherlands.
I regret the trouble you’ve been inflicted, the repair team will take care of it and try their best to shorten the time frame and get it addressed.
2017-8-3
Use props
fansacba8b6a
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 19:13
Sir, I feel your pain, truly apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties.
Unfortunately, due to various product versions, DJI does not provide global warranty, customer can obtain warranty service only in the region where he/she purchased the product (in designated DJI repair center).
I have escalated your issue to appropriate team to follow up, the drone may still need to be sent to Netherlands.

Hi DJI Mindy,
Thanks for your reply.
I have some doubts regarding the explanation (various product versions) and I believe it is more a commercial matter and a company policy.
Otherwise they wouldn't be able to repair the drone, at all, outside of the "designated area" and this seems not to be the case.
I have received an email yesterday from DJI saying that I can definitely send the drone to a repair centre in Australia but I would have to bear the repair costs.....
Wouldn't it be great if repairing/changing a DJI drone could be  as easy as stepping in an Apple store with an iphone?
I know, DJI is not Apple but they could at least be more flexible than they are showing right now on this particular subject.
Can I swap my European Phantom 4 with an Australian one to fix my "mistake" for good????
Thanks again fro your time.
Cheers
2017-8-4
Use props
Cradoka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

fansacba8b6a Posted at 2017-8-3 06:40
Thanks Cradoka, how did you manage to do that? I mean, did DJI repair your drone under warranty, with no costs for you (including the shipping)????

The people who handle the complaints arranged it!
I had to send it at my own expense, it was returned at their expense.
It should have been a warranty claim but I had to pay$101
Problem was camera/gimbal problem after firmware update....
It came back working well but continues flagging abnormal software upon initiation, which I ignore.
No more routine updates for me.
Catch ya Tony.
2017-8-4
Use props
fansacba8b6a
lvl.1
Australia

Cradoka Posted at 2017-8-4 07:07
The people who handle the complaints arranged it!
I had to send it at my own expense, it was returned at their expense.
It should have been a warranty claim but I had to pay$101

Thanks Tony....
I have decided to send the Phantom to The Netherlands as it looks to be the only option to have it repaired or replaced under warranty.
I haven't had any real answer from DJI so I am really disappointed.
Hopefully they will fix it in Europe and send it back, somehow.
Cheers and thanks again for your reply.
Stefano
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansacba8b6a Posted at 2017-8-4 05:22
Hi DJI Mindy,
Thanks for your reply.
I have some doubts regarding the explanation (various product versions) and I believe it is more a commercial matter and a company policy.

Stefano, I understand how you feels, but we don't provide international warranty at the moment, we will keep improving our service to make every customer have a good experience in the future.
2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules