Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LOST MY DRONE after 230m Away...
1076 26 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26864 ft
Belgium

Hello Guys

Hello DJI

I wanted to share my very unfortunate experience that i had on 24-06-17 in Belgium - Ostend. First of all i am Journalist and I purchased an Inspire 1  in first of June of 2017 from Mediamarkt in Brussels for Documentary films because i work for a TV Station Kurdistan24 (http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/default). Flew it Many times with no problems. A truly incredible machine. I decided to take it up for a for a short flight in Ostend of Belgium,
everything was perfect working, i calibrated everything was good! full battery, new firmware etc.

I climbed to about 85ft and was no more than 300 yards away from me, when it stopped responding to the control. The aircraft disconnected for unknown reason, video lost from aircraft and showed me to return it home, i accept it to return home, but never came back in Home point. i looked everywhere, didnt find it.

Eventually, it was completely out of sight.

I was waiting for about twenty minutes to see if it would return on its own as it is supposed to, but nothing. I searched everywhere, nothing found.

I honestly still can not believe what happened and lost my Drone (DJI Inspire 1) that i paid a lots of money for it.

Before, taking off I calibrated the compass, my IMU was within normal parameters, I had acquired GPS, everything fully charged.

I'm not sure how this could have happened but it is truly devastating, not to mention expensive.

The Aircraft was 230m away from me from me, and it lost thi signal with the controler for UNKNOWN REASON. This happened because of Malfunction issue... because in NOT NORMAL and aircraft 230m away lose the signal and i was in the beach, in open area, not in the City Center.

When claim this to DJI Support, they told me that they dont GIVE ANY WARRANTY and this NOT happened because of Malfunction issue.. hahahhah ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I lost 1600 euros because the Aircraft after 230m away lost the signal connection... And DJI sais is NOT their issue hahhahahh

I feel sad because i didnt made any human mistake during my flight and a HUGE COmpany like DJI doesnt give me a drone that had malfunctions issues... Now i have a controller and a charger at my Home, and dont know what to do with them... If DJI is a POOR company, i will give my controller, the charger and the Bag to them back for FREE... I dont need money...

But its SHAME for DJI, that doenst give me only a drone (without controller and charger) ITS A SHAME for DJI Company...

I will repeat it: IF DJI COMPANY NEEDS MY CONTROLLER AND CHARGER, I WILL GIVE IT OT HEM BACK FOR FREE...

Im sorry for my bad english Guys...

2017-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss. Your English is much better than my Dutch

This is very unusual after calibration and your check list before flight. I wonder if the flight log on the iPad device could show something for DJI?

Did you have your information on the drone in case someone finds it? Then if you got it back the data log would help you for sure.

Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
Highasakite
First Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Pishtiwan Jaf, {:4_157:} That is very, very sad! Did you have your name and phone number on your Inspire?  How about placing a notice in the local paper offering some type of reward if it is returned to you? Or , do you know anyone who works at a tv station who could broadcast your loss to people in the local area? OOOHHH ya YOU do!!! Safety First! Ken.
2017-8-3
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Sorry for your loss, hope it will have a better outcome. Is it possible for you to extract the flight log and have it looked at by experienced aviators here on this forum. If they have a reasonable doubt about DJI's indifferent action, it may put pressure on DJI to respond. Good luck. I draw a conclusion from your experience here is that do not blindly update DJI's FW. It is getting from bad to worse.
2017-8-3
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-3 12:56
Sorry for your loss. Your English is much better than my Dutch

This is very unusual after calibration and your check list before flight. I wonder if the flight log on the iPad device could show something for DJI?

Hello Rich

No i have not my information on my drone.. i just bought the drone, after 21 days this happened.. [img]https://ibb.co/jC4Hpv
[img]https://ibb.co/ewU6hF
Here are 2 images when i lost the drone. I went to police station, i told them about my situation. The drone probably crached somewhere, the building was empty, nobody inside.. I could not go the building.. After 2-3 days with 2 police officers i get to the Building but i didnt find nothing...
The issue was malfunction, because i was in the beach in an open area. IS NOT possible after 230m away lose signal with the controller... if DJI products are like this, i suggest everybody to not buy DJI products...
2017-8-3
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

Highasakite Posted at 2017-8-3 13:01
Pishtiwan Jaf, {:4_157:} That is very, very sad! Did you have your name and phone number on your Inspire?  How about placing a notice in the local paper offering some type of reward if it is returned to you? Or , do you know anyone who works at a tv station who could broadcast your loss to people in the local area? OOOHHH ya YOU do!!!  Safety First! Ken.

Hello Highasakite

No i havent my name or phone number on the drone. i had this drone only 21 days... Even now, i cannot believe a drone after 230m away lose connection with the controller in an open area (Ostend is a beach side of Belgium)...

I called police officers, they helped me to get to the building that probably crashed, but was after 2 days of the accident... we didnt find anything...
2017-8-3
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

DTK Posted at 2017-8-3 14:08
Sorry for your loss, hope it will have a better outcome. Is it possible for you to extract the flight log and have it looked at by experienced aviators here on this forum. If they have a reasonable doubt about DJI's indifferent action, it may put pressure on DJI to respond. Good luck. I draw a conclusion from your experience here is that do not blindly update DJI's FW. It is getting from bad to worse.

Hello DTK

I have still my last video , there is no any crash on the video.. there is not any human mistake. just for UKNOWN reason the aircraft lost connection AFTER 230m away...
But the aircraft when was coming back to the Home Point, probably crashed somewhere...

here is an image that you can see...
Thanks for your suggestion
I dont know what to do and what do with the controller and the charger that i have at my home... they are Brand New...
2017-8-3
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Pishtiwan Jaf Posted at 2017-8-3 16:38
Hello Rich

No i have not my information on my drone.. i just bought the drone, after 21 days this happened.. https://ibb.co/jC4Hpv

Sometimes the RTH height is not enough to clear the obstacles, and it crashes the drone into the side of a tree, hill or building. What was your RTH altitude set to? Your tablet has some flight logs (inside the app) maybe someone that is experienced in your area help you retrieve these files.  DJI could look at these files to determine what happened.  You can post your log files into a drop box and they could be viewed by some of us in the forum. Post the link.

Your photos did not post, make sure you use the advanced tab and then upload the photo using the picture icon.

Sorry, this is not easy for sure

hang in there
Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

can you extract some log files on your mobile phone/tablet which launched the DJI Go app. These log files reside in internal memory under DJI folder. These log files are imperative in order to have a more inside/insight look of what had happened then.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pishtiwan Jaf, I sympathize with your situation and so sorry for your loss.
The non-warranty provided by our support is based on data analysis or not? If yes, could you happen to provide me the case number? I will help to check more details about the data analysis for better assistance. Thanks.
2017-8-3
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Truly soory for the loss of the AC, BUT lets not assume immeditlay that it is DJI fault , lets look at other causes to help you if you replace the unit OR others that are lurking here . There are many failsafe measure in Placde to prevent this very thing, so letes explore what your settings were it If You REALLY want to know what may have happend .

What height did you have the Return to Home setting for ?  Also did you have the  Remote controller  Lost  signal set for Hover, Land or Return to Home .

Also did you hear the audible " Home Point Recorded " when you took off ?

If you did not set your emergency loss of signal settings correctly the AC would have done as commanded and possibly crushed into a tall object if the RTH setting was not set High enough .

Just think before you can balme DJI you must look at other possibilites,  a loss of siganl can happen for any multitucde of reasons and there are severel back  up measures in place to help recover the AC if the siganl was lost

So just wondering, to help find a cause, these are My questions to help you solve what may have happened  :
Do you have any other experince with DJI products or RC craft in general ? ( I understadn we all start somewhere )
Did you ever have a RTH before this happened? ( caused by Interference of some type )   If so did it return normally ?

Did you ever test The RTH button on the RC to make sure it funcitoned correctly ?

How much battery was left when the Warning popped up ?  ( Just approx )  Was the flight 4 minutes or 15 minutes ?

What was the Default of the "Remote control Lost Signal " set on the Go App:  Land - Hover - Or Return to Home

What Height was the RTH set for ?

Did you hear the GPS Home point  Recorded at time of takeoff ?

What mode where you flying  when you lost Signal :  P A or F

Did you have the Smart Return to Home Enabled On the Go app ?

What  did you have the Bit rate of the HD transmission settings at ?  If at the minimum you would get huge distance ( range ) but loose data, If at the max you would get highly detailed video but loose range dramatically .  This would have given a Loss of video siganl warning  and forced a RTH outcome .

When the RC  signal was lost , did you have sight of The AC , If so what  was it doing ? gong up down , flying towards you or away ?

Did you have direct line of sight from the RC transmitter to the AC ?  If you do not the signal  is greatly  reduced  and could be the casue .

Did you leave the RC and GO app on the entire time after loosing signal  AND upright pointing in the general direction of the AC ?

Sorry for the lsss of the AC but lets look at all possibilities first , It very well could be a fault with DJI system but lets look into the settings first .  You are blaming  DJI without even considering othere possibilties and there are many .   
also help me understand this ,

... i cannot believe a drone after 230m away lose connection with the controller in an open area (Ostend is a beach side of Belgium)...

If the above is the case , where did the Building come from ?

donnie

Once again loosing the machine sucks, and I am truly sorry ( been there many times in the world of RC )  BUT lets look at other causes so if you replace this one it does not happen again .  Be sure to have your name a phone number on it as well in case someone finds it , that saved me one time .

2017-8-4
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

DTK Posted at 2017-8-3 19:25
can you extract some log files on your mobile phone/tablet which launched the DJI Go app. These log files reside in internal memory under DJI folder. These log files are imperative in order to have a more inside/insight look of what had happened then.

Yes i extract my log files for DJI support... the saw all my logs... They told me that after losing connection with the controller the aircraft crashed in a building... and i replied to them that is not Normal to lose connection when the aircraft is ONLY 230m away... If dji products has this issue, so i suggest everybody to not buy anymore dji products....
2017-8-4
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-3 20:25
Pishtiwan Jaf, I sympathize with your situation and so sorry for your loss.
The non-warranty provided by our support is based on data analysis or not? If yes, could you happen to provide me the case number? I will help to check more details about the data analysis for better assistance. Thanks.

Thank you DJI Mindy

I had the Dji inspire 1 only 21 days and this happened. The problem is is not normal in an open area, after 230m away the inspire lose connection/signal with the controller. If it was out of range, i will not say anything, if it was 5km away, i swear i will accept it .. but was ONLY 230m away and 25 or 30m high... Do you think this is normal?
Here is my Case number: CAS-753580-Y3D7L4
2017-8-4
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Pishtiwan Jaf Posted at 2017-8-4 04:57
Yes i extract my log files for DJI support... the saw all my logs... They told me that after losing connection with the controller the aircraft crashed in a building... and i replied to them that is not Normal to lose connection when the aircraft is ONLY 230m away... If dji products has this issue, so i suggest everybody to not buy anymore dji products....

That is reaching , the AC was doing as it was instructed and it flew into a building .

Sounds to me like you did not have the RTH setting above the Highest point in the area and the AC crashed .

You could have any one of a number of things cause the interference  and loose connection , that is why there  are safeguards.  These are not for  Military use and Have no chances of getting interference , many things can happen such as the RC antennas getting crossed or having the max bitrate for video and you did not have the settings correct .

So sounds to me like you did not like the answer DJI gave you and came  here to tell us all Not to buy there products anymore .

Why did you not tell us it flew into a building ( in the original post )and that DJI already looked at your logs??? .  
This is a case of Pilot error in my humble opinion , we will just have to agree to disagree on who is at fault I guess .

donnie

2017-8-4
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-4 04:17
Truly soory for the loss of the AC, BUT lets not assume immeditlay that it is DJI fault , lets look at other causes to help you if you replace the unit OR others that are lurking here . There are many failsafe measure in Placde to prevent this very thing, so letes explore what your settings were it If You REALLY want to know what may have happend .

Hello Donnie
I will try to answer all of your questions:
Before the flight i have made my set up and EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. The home point was recorded offcourse, and of return home was set it up.
Offcourse i had before experinece with other drones. Im journalist, im creating Documentaries for my TV station, so i wanted to take some landscape shots in Ostend of Belgium.

The Battery was Full charged and when it lost its signal it had 56% of battery.
When lost signal showed me on my screen if i ''accept to return to Home Point'' and i accept it. but never came back bevause probably crashed in a building that was close to that area...
Here are some images from my log files... Check them
https://ibb.co/b8BZma
https://ibb.co/by55sF
https://ibb.co/mBpyCF

I heard that the aircraft will return to Home Point ...
My Mode was P mode
Yes i had direct line of sight.. It was Close to me... 230m away... it wasnt 1 km away, or more... look to the pictures... The Aircraft probably crashed to a building and that building was close, EMPTY, nobody was living there.. i couldnt get there.. after 2 days with 2 police officers i get ti the building and the drone was nowhere...
2017-8-4
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Pishtiwan Jaf Posted at 2017-8-4 05:14
Hello Donnie
Before the flight i have made my set up and EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT. The home point was recorded offcourse, and of return home was set it up.

The bottom line is the AC flew into a building , I would surmise that the RTH was not sufficient for that area .  Would you agree ?  I understand your contention is it should not have lost signal that close.  You did make it sound like you were on a beach with no other possibility of any interference in that area when there is obviously an entire city  in that area .   Looks to me like you go a bit out of line of sight , the AC lost signal for whatever reason and In the course of coming home crashed into a building . You must undersatnd that a city with a multitde of wi fi signals is going to congest things and make siganl loss a real posibility  add to that you may hav gotten briefly behind a building and you have all the makings of the RTH scenario .  

To me this is pilot error and I am sorry for the  crash , but I dont think you can blame DJI for this one .  Believe me If I though you had a case I would be behind you 100%

My bet is the AC is on top of that building and flew into the Heating and cooling system  up there . Maybe you can still recover it .  good luck

donnie
2017-8-4
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Pishtiwan Jaf Posted at 2017-8-4 05:14
Hello Donnie

From the limited information you provided here, you might have made 2 obvious mistakes:-

1) You flew your Inspre 1 into the RF shadow behind the row of buildings between you and the aircraft. The reason why there was a RF disconnection is obvious to us.

2) The aircraft DID have triggered RTH from the position it lost RF signal from you, but it was travelling ONLY at a height of 31m above your took-off point. The RTH height was probably not correctly set to cater for the environment - the building your Inspire 1 went into was a 11-storey building which has a height of at least 35m, and it appears to me that the concerned building is situating on ground with a level of at least 3m meters higher than the level of the beach where your Inspire 1 took off. Your RF signal lost RTH altitude were in short of at least 7m to clear off that building!

It's your own faults for the lost of your Inspire 1. You should not blame DJI. It was lucky that there was no one get hurt in the incident. I hope you should have learnt from the mistakes you made, to prevent similar mistakes in future in case you fly again!

Henry

Accident Explained

Accident Explained

Physical Environment

Physical Environment

View from Beach

View from Beach

Flight Path

Flight Path
2017-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-8-4 06:28
From the limited information you provided here, you might have made 2 obvious mistakes:-

1) You flew your Inspre 1 into the RF shadow behind the row of buildings between you and the aircraft. The reason why there was a RF disconnection is obvious to us.

Hello Henry
This was a very comprehensive report and I totally agree with your assessment. Thank you for taking the time to explain and hopefully the OP will understand the mistakes. It must be horrible to lose the Inspire 1 this way..

All the best
Rich
2017-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-4 05:25
The bottom line is the AC flew into a building , I would surmise that the RTH was not sufficient for that area .  Would you agree ?  I understand your contention is it should not have lost signal that close.  You did make it sound like you were on a beach with no other possibility of any interference in that area when there is obviously an entire city  in that area .   Looks to me like you go a bit out of line of sight , the AC lost signal for whatever reason and In the course of coming home crashed into a building . You must undersatnd that a city with a multitde of wi fi signals is going to congest things and make siganl loss a real posibility  add to that you may hav gotten briefly behind a building and you have all the makings of the RTH scenario .  

To me this is pilot error and I am sorry for the  crash , but I dont think you can blame DJI for this one .  Believe me If I though you had a case I would be behind you 100%

Donnie
I see that you put more effort into this topic than I did. Thanks for your hard work detailing the necessary steps to get answers to this mess.  I just didn't have the time and patience to proceed on this one. Looks like a lot of information was left out in the beginning (or I just missed it) on the surface it looked innocent but in the end it is pilot error.
DJI has been very helpful even when it is not their fault. There are so many more safeguards these days that will help us when we get interference. Remember the old days when your model crashed and we didn't know why!!
All the best
Rich
2017-8-4
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-4 07:39
Donnie
I see that you put more effort into this topic than I did. Thanks for your hard work detailing the necessary steps to get answers to this mess.  I just didn't have the time and patience to proceed on this one. Looks like a lot of information was left out in the beginning (or I just missed it) on the surface it looked innocent but in the end it is pilot error.
DJI has been very helpful even when it is not their fault. There are so many more safeguards these days that will help us when we get interference. Remember the old days when your model crashed and we didn't know why!!

Remember the old days when your model crashed and we didn't know why!!

OMG do I ever ,  Unfortunatly it was usually still the guy behind the sticks with  (me ) dumb thumbs .  The  past ten years we have  seen a huge leap in model reliability and with having the simulators pilots are better than ever .  Nothing like repairing  your totaled  aircraft with a press of the spacebar!

donnie
2017-8-4
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Nicely done as usual Henry .

donnie
2017-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-8-4 12:32
Remember the old days when your model crashed and we didn't know why!!

OMG do I ever ,  Unfortunatly it was usually still the guy behind the sticks with  (me ) dumb thumbs .  The  past ten years we have  seen a huge leap in model reliability and with having the simulators pilots are better than ever .  Nothing like repairing  your totaled  aircraft with a press of the spacebar!

Most of the time is was pilot error, rarely it was hardware problems but batteries were not as good as they are today. I would hear somebody call out, I got hit... is somebody turned on my channel???   but of course no one was..

DJI has done as good of job as any of the manufacturers to design into the drones.....  a failsafe.  Yah it does not always work (if it is not set right) however it really is nice when your drone returns to you when things go wrong.

I really feel bad for this guy and wish him the best.   PS, DJI has the drone only for sale that would be cheaper than buying everything again.
Rich
Inspire 1 only
2017-8-4
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

First of all thanks for the Information
But i disagree with you that the RF was in Shadow area... i used the drone before in the city enter inside buildings, and the drone was 1km away from me, inside buildings etc i can send you videos and images from that date, the drone hasnt any problem, and i repeat it, the drone was 1 km away from me... it didnt lose signal with the controller...

I know that the RTH was not setting to more than 35 m. I know that, but i mention that IS NOT possible lose signal after 230m.
If i send you the video, you will understand me, because the drone LOST signal before entering to the building. What you see from the picture, that the drone entered to the building is because was out of signal and returning back to the Home point automatically passing the buildings...

I didnt fly above the buildings EVEN 1 second... I didnt fly over any building. i Swear to you... I can send you the video for prove.  I blame 100% DJI... Not one time but 1000 times, because im sure about myself.
In the video you can see that im flying over the beach and you see people on the beach and i stop to change the angle of the camera to make a new MOve, that moment it lose signal, and i repeat, that moment my drone is NOT over ANY building. When was returning to the Home Point, it came by itself OVER the buildings...

Thats why, im sorry, BUT i DISAGREE  with you.. Maybe you think that i fly over the buildings in SHADOW area... NO.. I didnt fly over the buildings even for 1 second...

If you want i can send you the video... to believe me...
For that Reason i BLAME DJI, because is not Normal and this happened because of Malfunctions issues..

Pishtiwan Jaf

2017-8-4
Use props
Pishtiwan Jaf
lvl.1
Belgium

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-4 13:31
Most of the time is was pilot error, rarely it was hardware problems but batteries were not as good as they are today. I would hear somebody call out, I got hit... is somebody turned on my channel???   but of course no one was..

DJI has done as good of job as any of the manufacturers to design into the drones.....  a failsafe.  Yah it does not always work (if it is not set right) however it really is nice when your drone returns to you when things go wrong.

Rich

I explained to Donnie that i didnt make any mistake. The drone lost signal when was over the beach, NOT over the buildings in RF Shadow...
when was returning to the Home Point, it came by itself OVER the buildings my friend...

The Aircraft lost signal when was over the beach and 230m away from me... Do you think this is Normal? I dont think so...
The inspire had malfunctions issues, but DJI SUPPORT, sais the RTH settings wasnt correct set up...
For me the qustion is, how is possible, a drone lose signal after 230m away in an open area?

As i see many posts from the forum, im not the only person that i had this issue, many others had the same like me. That means some DJI products has malfunctions issues... And DJI company MUST give a warranty for those cases.

Pishtiwan
2017-8-4
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

Channel interference is unavoidable in built up areas with wifi, more so in costal locations that have marine transmitters. You should always assume your AC will loose contact and plan your flight accordingly with appropriate RTH settings. My guess is something did break with your signal and your RTH caused your AC to fly into something because you had it on a 35m return. Another thought...  maybe the Kp index was high in your area that day, that messes with GPS.

Sorry mate I don't think this was a malfunction, just poor mission planning.
2017-8-4
Use props
Henry M.Y.
First Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Pishtiwan Jaf Posted at 2017-8-4 16:35
First of all thanks for the Information
But i disagree with you that the RF was in Shadow area... i used the drone before in the city enter inside buildings, and the drone was 1km away from me, inside buildings etc i can send you videos and images from that date, the drone hasnt any problem, and i repeat it, the drone was 1 km away from me... it didnt lose signal with the controller...

I would suggest you sit back, relax yourself first.

Get a cold beverage, and calm yourself down.

Try recollecting your memory of your mentioned situation you flew your drone 1000m away from you inside a building - was you close to a window that allowed RF passed through?  

Try recollecting your memory of the moment before you lost contact with your Inspire 1 - was your attention focused on what was being captured from the camera, reducing your awareness of the aircraft situation?

Human beings make mistakes. I made mistakes too. I once chased a jetfoil with my Inspire 1, with full attention given to how the video should be best composed, didn't aware my Inspire 1 entered the RF shadow area of a shoreside building. Aircraft disconnected, no video downlink no telemetry. The waiting seemed to be a whole long year to me. All of a sudden, video downlink and flight telemetry came back, with the RTH beeping. I was shocked by the scene from the video downlink - my Inspire I was heading home just clearing off the water tank over that shoreside building!

I learnt from my situation. Since then I always double-check the physical flight environment and set RTH height with a large margin. I hope you can also relax, review your case, and if you figure out something, learn from that. Please share with us so that we can also learn from that.

You will become an excellent aerial-shooting Journalist if you can get prepared for any scenario you may come across.

Henry

2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pishtiwan Jaf Posted at 2017-8-4 04:59
Thank you DJI Mindy

I had the Dji inspire 1 only 21 days and this happened. The problem is is not normal in an open area, after 230m away the inspire lose connection/signal with the controller. If it was out of range, i will not say anything, if it was 5km away, i swear i will accept it .. but was ONLY 230m away and 25 or 30m high... Do you think this is normal?

Henry and Donnie has explained very clearly, the RC and aircraft got disconnected because of buildings, then aircraft triggered failsafe RTH procedure, and the record stopped at 5:20, h=31m, d=234m while aircraft was returning home.
According to map, the aircraft crashed with building.
Please pay attention to surrounding flight condition. My colleague has provided discount to you, if you agree, please reply the email.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules