radar not displaying AC correctly?
778 7 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

Im not sure what the "radar" is really called. What i mean is the 2nd view next to the map, where you can see the orientation of your AC.

Today i flew with my spark. I noticed right after i started flying, that the radar was showing the spark going to the right, eventhough i was going straight ahead. So i checked the Map right away and saw that on the map the direction was correct.
It was only the radar that was displaying this incorrectly. Since i was in a safe area i kept flying. Until the end of my flight, nothing changed. The radar was displaying my AC direction 90° off to the right.

Weird.
Any ideas? Or has this happend to you as well?
2017-8-3
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Try to recalibrate your smartphone? I also have these problems sometimes ...  I have two smartphones android and ios.
2017-8-3
Use props
Rhoffmann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

I had the same thing happen to me today. I did get a new iPhone since I broke the screen on the last one.

How do I recalibrate the phone? That's a new one in me
2017-8-3
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found if you put your home button to the right instead of the left the phone doesn't interfere with the radar as bad.   
2017-8-3
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Austria

I always have the Home Button in the right.

Since everything was fine Ehen i flew again later that day, I did not recalibrate anything.

I was just surprised that the radar showed a different direction of the AC as the map...
2017-8-4
Use props
famorim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595574 ft
Brazil

You are right about the mobile position. I did some tests couple minutes ago using another cable and turning the home button to right. I had no error about radar information.
2017-12-21
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Its  apparent direction will depend on whether you lock the compass. The 'radar' may not then be aligned with the map's compass, although look carefully they will still show ac pointing to the same compass point.
2017-12-21
Use props
fansb181213c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406486 ft
Australia

Just make sure that when the aircraft is pointing north, the little arrow also shows it pointing north. Quite often my phone does not show north where the phone is pointing. But look closely to make sure that the AC points to the small N indicator.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules