Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittent connection between iPad and DJI GO
870 7 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspiredAviator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4948530 ft
South Africa

Good morning gentlemen,

My deepest apologies if this has been discussed and concluded on else where, however I cannot find any definitive answers on the issue.

I connect my iPad to the controller as usual, and start the controller. What needs to happen on the home screen of DJI GO after this, is detection between the hardware. This does happen, however after about 2 seconds, the connection drops....and returns....and drops....and returns.

I have attempted different cables and different tablets. Everything is fine on my iPhone and functions as expected. The problem prevails with iPads.

What might be the cause of this and what is the solution?

Thanks in advance!
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What is the model of your iPad? Did you also install DJI Go 4 in your tablet? If so, please try to uninstall it.
Besides, may I have the version of you APP? Have you tried to reinstall it?
2017-8-4
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Are you using HIgh quality cables ? if  not try a better set , also as  Mindy mentions , make sure you have the Go app and not one of the other DJI apps running .   What  version of go app is on the I phone ?  is it the same one on the I pads ?  
If you are on the latest firmware , you could simply delete and re install the go app ?  You may not have a fast enough processor on the I pads if you are using older models of it .  the Go app uses a Lot of data so the older go app that may have worked in the past just wont cust it anymore .  

At the very mimimuim, be sure to  "Enbable Hardware Decode " on the go app to take some of the load off the processor .  See if that helps
Just to confirm , We are talking Inspire 1 correct

start with the above and we can go from there

donnie  

2017-8-4
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

I Had complete blackout screen last week so I updated everything to the most recent firmware. Now I get this. Is this from the new firmware?

2017-8-6
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

homedad Posted at 2017-8-6 17:11
I Had complete blackout screen last week so I updated everything to the most recent firmware. Now I get this. Is this from the new firmware?

You need a faster processor for the go app device , this one cant keep up ......Is  that an I pad ? If wo which one ?  One thing to try is to Enable the hardware decode on the go app , this will take some of the load off the processor.

If you can get an I pad  with a A9 processor , that will work best .  I will leave a link with some other ideas as well . I bet it works fine on the I phone  though correct ?  that would tell me it is the Go app device ,not enough power . This is more than likely the problem
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie
2017-8-7
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried it on my iphone 6+ since the FW upgrade but it was way worse than the video shows on the previous FW. This is my Son's ipad mini. I'm not sure which model or if he's even updated it. I'll have to give it a go with my iphone now that I'm on current FW.
2017-8-8
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

homedad Posted at 2017-8-8 01:54
Thanks for the feedback. I haven't tried it on my iphone 6+ since the FW upgrade but it was way worse than the video shows on the previous FW. This is my Son's ipad mini. I'm not sure which model or if he's even updated it. I'll have to give it a go with my iphone now that I'm on current FW.

If the Mini is not at least version 4 then you will have issues. I realize it may have worked fine in the past but the new encryption just takes a ton of computational power, if you get a powerful I pad you will be remedied .

donnie
2017-8-8
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. I've been thinking about an upgrade.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules