WorkingIMUencounterSheadingException drowned my Spark
1110 5 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6ac931b5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45217 ft
Canada

My DJI Spark drowned itself in the river after receiving this error: WorkingIMUencounterSheadingException after the latest firmware update.
GPS, COMPASS and WIFI crashed and turned off on the Spark, the RC controller could not see any wifi from the spark, it could not reconnect. neither to the phone nor to the RC and eventually it just landed... in the river.

2017-8-4
Use props
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

Does that video recorded inside water made with spark? it does perform well in the water... in some case...better than in the air.
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

sorry for your lost. were u able to recover it from the water?
2017-8-4
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

What mobile device were you using?
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry to hear about this, the drone had fallen into the water and you could not get it back, right? Please sync the flight records and contact the support to open a case, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause.  http://www.dji.com/support.  If it's malfunction, we will compensate your drone if it is under warranty according to After-Sales Policy.

2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Have you got the case number or ticket number from our support team, could you please provide us with the number so I can check more info about this? Besides, did you run the latest version of DJI GO 4 app when the drone fell into the water? If you did, could you please export the flight controller data log from the mobile device and upload it to Dropbox? Here's the tutorial, please refer to the content since 1:08:
2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules