Smartphone with a bright display FOUND?!
872 3 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ciesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

When I was looking for a rather inexpensive smartphone which will be my dedicated device just for the DJI Go 4 app (and nothing else), I stumbled across the BQ Aquarius X. It is available for less than 300,- €, has 700 cd/m² (or nits) and a Snapdragon 626 capable of HEVC.

Has anyone tested this device already in bright sunlight? According to the reviews I have seen on Youtube it should be brighter than an iPhone.

I just ordered one and should receive it next week. Then I will post my experience with it.

2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. Since you had ordered the device, I hope it can run with DJI GO 4 well. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.
2017-8-4
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-4 23:31
Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. Since you had ordered the device, I hope it can run with DJI GO 4 well. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we’d love to help.

Yes, I know, but the devices on your list are either expensive or not that bright at all.
I have an iPhone for the daily use and used a Nexus 5 for flying the Spark so far. But, in bright sunlight both display are not easy to read.

This is why I am looking for the brightest display at a considerably low price, but still having enough CPU power for the task.
2017-8-4
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ciesnik Posted at 2017-8-4 23:49
Yes, I know, but the devices on your list are either expensive or not that bright at all.
I have an iPhone for the daily use and used a Nexus 5 for flying the Spark so far. But, in bright sunlight both display are not easy to read.

i use an iPad mini 2 retina on my RC with my spark outside using a cheap $5-$10  a sunshade got on amazon, works a real treat!  

edit: $15 i guess and they make phone sized ones too!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPD19K5

2017-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules