Active track in sport mode
4683 4 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkster
New
Canada

Well...its been a few weeks since my purchase of my saprk and i have ( with the help of many DJI'rs) gotten much better. Now i have upgradedand gotten the controller and extra batteries / charger.  
While running the Spark with the controller i noticed a couples things.  

1/ If i run 3 batteries in a row (about 40 minutes flying time) my controller which is connected via cable to my phone just sucks the power out of my phone ( iphone 6s) . I had a close call once where i was returning to home and suddenly lost connection only to find out my phone shut down because the phone died.     This seems to happen a lot. Is it normal??   ALl the forums and videos suggest its safer to make sure the pone is thethered / connected to the controller via cable.  But man...tons of battery loss!

2/ I found i get the active track to work with the phone alone.....but i cant figure it out when conected to the controller. I select the controller icon which then should allow me to withc but i dont see any icons...  Again, maybe my newbie status isnt make me see the right things.

Any suggestions form anyone?

Thanks

2017-8-4
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The subject of your post asks about active track in Sport mode.  In Sport mode forward obstacle avoidance, intelligent flight modes, shallow focus, and panoramic modes are not available according to the manual.  Hope this helps.
2017-8-4
Use props
Sparkster
New
Canada

Hi

Thanks for your reply and info.  I dont have the full manual so ill have to check, but how come i have seen many videos online with vehicles or people biking and it actually flies up to about 40kph to track them?.  The max speed of the drone is about 50kph in sport mode.
Does this means the drone will active track on its own.....at faster speeds (lets say 40kph) in regular mode??

I havent tried yet, but will this weekend

thanks

M
2017-8-4
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I don't use any of the special flight modes so I m not sure what the limits are, maybe the clips were shot in manual mode. It's takes some practice to get a smooth video tracking or rotating around an object as you have to synchronize both sticks
And yes the iPhone battery drops quickly during flight, I guess is that the phone processor isn't working real hard and uses more power.

As a rule, I always starts with a fully charged and freshly rebooted iphone, in airplane mode with all apps closed.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The connection between the Spark RC and the mobile device via OTG cable has not been fully tested, so I would suggest that you use it with caution.
If you got a call during flight, the connection of the RC and DJI GO 4 app might be interrupted, you can try to relaunch the app to connect, we have not heard that if one got a call while flying then the phone will shut down.
As mtnlandpix mentioned, intelligent flight mode and obstacle avoidance, shallow focus, and panoramic modes are not available in Sport mode. Please check if you were in Sport mode when you attempted to choose the intelligent flight mode.  
Besides, the aircraft might lose the trace subject because it is moving too fast or is obscured, and the drone will hover when it loses the target. So please do not move too fast when you use the Active Track.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules