2962 5 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlo_CH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246673 ft
Switzerland

Hello everybody

Unfortunately, i have a problem with the connection between my samsung galaxy s8 and the mavic remote controller. while the connection between the rc and the drone is constantly stable, the connection to my phone is not.
after i plug my phone to the rc, i usually have a connection for 1 - 3 sec, after that i loose it. when i restart the drone and the rc up to 5 times, i usually get a stable connection. but even then, after approximately 10min of flying, i loose it again.

this issue is very annoying,since it makes it almost impossible to properly use the drone.

does anybody suffer the same problem or knows a solution?

thanks in advance!
2017-8-4
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Have you tried plugging into the bottom port on RC?
I find I get a much more stable pic/monitor.
Airplane mod on , of course.
I find the order of start up an issue too
My order of fire up that continually works
Fire up bird & then fire up controller & wait till connects
Turn on my tablet, when icons show on home screen, then plug cable into tablet.(don't plug in till icons show up)
Shows 2 icons- Go 4 & Litchi with a "once" or "always"
Hit whichever icon -"once"
GO fly!
If i don;t start up in this order, i have issues!
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to reinstall the app first to test will it get a stable connection. You can also try to switch the phone to Airplane mode. Besides, like fans987d278a mentioned, try to use the original cable of your mobile and plug into the bottom port on RC, don't got get to pull out the cable on the left side first. Try these steps and see will it work. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-8-6
Use props
carlo_CH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 246673 ft
Switzerland

Hello everybody

Thanks for your advice.
I tried it with the original Samsung-USB-cable and it worked perfectly on the last two flights.
I first started the drone, then the remote and after it connected successfully,  i plugged the phone.

Guess that's the solution.

Best regards
Carlo
2017-8-22
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Make sure the connector to the S8 is securely in.  I had to remove the slider on the holder arm to make it securely fit.
2017-8-22
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Your problem puzzles me, because I am also using the S8 on the Mavic's RC with that little cable on the left side and without any issues.
Could that cable be partially broken?
Can you try a new cable that is in a good condition?
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules