Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Auto and crash landing at 13000ft Altitude
786 6 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazo78
lvl.4
Pakistan

Hi All
please help me
which firmware is best for dji phantom 2  vision plus for flying at Babusar top pass (altitude 13700ft) in  Pakistan please watch videos

First auto landing Altitude 13700Ft

https://www.facebook.com/hazarapoint/videos/1705123293053629/

2nd Auto landingAltitude 12200Ft

3rd Auto LandingAltitude 11000Ft

2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are sorry to hear about the crash. Since I found that the drone had rolled down from a hillside, please check is the drone hurt. But I would suggest sending the drone in for repair.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Or please contact our support and they will help you to send it in. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-8-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It appears to me to be an IMU calibration that's needed.  
2017-8-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mazo,

Sorry, this is Vortex Ring State (VRS).  Your altitude (13,000 feet) and the design of the P2V+ make it hard to fly at that altitude.  (The new Phantoms, P3, P4, are designed to not go into VRS.)  You need to keep moving the Phantom 2 sideways or forward and backward when it is in the air.  If it hovers in one place for more than a few seconds, it will go into VRS and crash.  

If you see your aircraft go into VRS, move the right stick so it will get out of the downdraft of air created by the 4 propellers.  The downdraft of air is the problem.  You cannot fly in that downdraft.  Move sideways or forward or backward to get out of the downdraft.

Hope this helps!

معاف کیجئے گا, یہ وورٹ انگوٹی ریاست (و) ہے ۔  آپ کی بلندی (13,000 فٹ) اور ڈیزائن کے P2V + اس بلندی پر پرواز کرنے مشکل بنا ۔  (نئی پہانٹوم، P3، P4، ہیں کے لیے ڈیزائن نہیں کیا و میں جاؤ.)  آپ جب یہ ہوا میں ہے پریت 2 sideways باری ہے یا آگے اور پیچھے حرکت رکھنے کے لئے کی ضرورت ہے ۔  اس سے زیادہ چند سیکنڈ کے لئے ایک جگہ اندازیاں تو یہ و اور حادثے میں جائیں گے ۔   

اگر آپ اپنے طیارے و میں جانا، 4 پروپیلر کی طرف سے بنایا ہوا کے دووندرفٹ سے نکل جائے گا تاکہ اس کا حق چھڑی بڑھائیں دیکھیں ۔  دوونڈرافٹ ایئر کا مسئلہ ہے ۔  آپ اس دوونڈرافٹ میں پرواز نہیں کر سکتا ۔  Sideways باری ہے یا آگے یا پیچھے سے دوونڈرافٹ حاصل کرنے کے لئے منتقل.  

امید ہے کہ اس کی مدد کرتا ہے!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 22:35
We are sorry to hear about the crash. Since I found that the drone had rolled down from a hillside, please check is the drone hurt. But I would suggest sending the drone in for repair.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Or please contact our support and they will help you to send it in. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support

Aloha Thor,

This thread is about Vortex Ring State (VRS).  This is the second Pakistani that has had this problem with the P2V+ at altitude.  The first one was at 11,000 feet.  Please read what I posted for him.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-8-6 02:40
It appears to me to be an IMU calibration that's needed.

Aloha Mark,

This is Vortex Ring State (VRS).  Read my post for the guy.  Oddly enough, this is the second Pakistani to have this problem with a P2V+.  The first was at 11,000 feet altitude.  To get out of VRS, you need to use the right stick to move sideways or forward or backward.  That will get you out of the propwash.

At 13,000 feet, the air is very thin and it is easier to go into VRS.  DJI designed VRS out of the Phantoms starting with the P2 v.3.  I have one.  The prop motors are visibly reoriented to spread the propwash.  You can even see it in the manuals.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Okay.  I've had mine drop as much as 200+ feet for no particular reason due to a bad IMU and the calibration fixed it.  But you are probably right in this case due to the high elevation.

Here's mine - shoot ahead to 2:30 mark and watch it drop 130 feet in 8 secs and then another 70 feet while in RTH when it should have been going up.  Dropped over 200 feet total all on its own before finally beginning to rise.

2017-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules