Anybody know how to parse flight logs, data files and black box?
4333 13 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that I'm delving into the data from the spark, I wanted to figure out (if possible) how to parse and interpret the data.

I'd like to see the results of my various test flights, particularly what a "normal power up", "normal power down", and the various "landings" look like in the logs.

Does DJI (or anybody else) have instructions on how to parse this data?

2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Frangu Posted at 2017-8-4 12:26
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thanks!  Very informative.  It does lack what the user commands (stick) were.  I can see me approaching my obstacle (the house), and backing away from the house repeatedly.  But it doesn't show how I utilized the stick.  I know the DJI GO 4 app will show you that, I was hoping to see it in the flight logs.

I also don't see a power down message.  I was hoping that using the power button to power down the craft was recorded.
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
United States

in the application under flight record you are able to see the way you controlled the remote
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
United States

on android i use az screen recorder
2017-8-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Frangu Posted at 2017-8-4 12:47
in the application under flight record you are able to see the way you controlled the remote

Yep, I know about that one, and I know the various options that I can turn on to see various things (including what I did on the sticks).  I'm now looking for a way to video record the playback of the flight record, or even the phone display of my flight sessions.  I think I found something, trying it now.
2017-8-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Frangu Posted at 2017-8-4 13:04
on android i use az screen recorder

I like that one better than the one I found, thanks!
2017-8-4
Use props
Wx_Striker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24728 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-4 12:42
Thanks!  Very informative.  It does lack what the user commands (stick) were.  I can see me approaching my obstacle (the house), and backing away from the house repeatedly.  But it doesn't show how I utilized the stick.  I know the DJI GO 4 app will show you that, I was hoping to see it in the flight logs.

I also don't see a power down message.  I was hoping that using the power button to power down the craft was recorded.

You may want to look at this as well:

https://airdata.com

2017-8-4
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wx_Striker Posted at 2017-8-4 13:37
You may want to look at this as well:

https://airdata.com

Trying to join, it's taking a while to send that verification link.  It looks very promising though.
2017-8-4
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

I read my .dat files from the spark with CSVView. Let's you graph many parameters from the AC.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We would recommend contacting our support via email (support@dji.com) to start a ticket for data analysis if you have any questions at this moment. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-8-4
Use props
DronePlayer1897
lvl.1

United States

The best I have found is video geotagger.  It is at videogeotagger.com  It parses the txt logs and lets you view your flight along with the captured video on the map.  I believe the pro version lets you see where the camera is pointing at the ground (I am using the free version so I have not played with it, but I know some fire rescue guys who use the camera target feature).
2018-11-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DronePlayer1897 Posted at 11-3 07:21
The best I have found is video geotagger.  It is at videogeotagger.com  It parses the txt logs and lets you view your flight along with the captured video on the map.  I believe the pro version lets you see where the camera is pointing at the ground (I am using the free version so I have not played with it, but I know some fire rescue guys who use the camera target feature).

Good to know - thanks for sharing.
2018-11-4
Use props
DronePlayer1897
lvl.1

United States

Quick follow-up... I started using LineVision software (www.remotegeo.com).  It seems to parse most of the data and it shows where the drone is "looking" on the map.  It works great for fire line mapping.
2019-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules